Author Topic: Important: First movie of Interrogation in Guantanamo bay released  (Read 11187 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Important: First movie of Interrogation in Guantanamo bay released
« Reply #100 on: July 15, 2008, 01:53:39 PM »
You said it not me.

Where is this evidence coming from?

No, a country who's executive branch has one job, "to protect the citizens"

Not cater democracy to illegal combatants.

I can also say you're obviously a dunce... Guess that's true too then.

Protect the citizens? What a convenient statement.

From the US Department of state:

The executive branch of the Government is responsible for enforcing the laws of the land. When George Washington was president, people recognized that one person could not carry out the duties of the President without advice and assistance. The Vice President, department heads (Cabinet members), and heads of independent agencies assist in this capacity. Unlike the powers of the President, their responsibilities are not defined in the Constitution but each has special powers and functions.

* President: Leader of the country and Commander in Chief of the military.
    * Vice President: President of the Senate and becomes President if the President is unable to serve.
    * Departments: Department heads advise the President on policy issues and help execute those policies.
    * Independent Agencies: Help execute policy or provide special services.

It's responsible for enforcing the LAWS OF THE LAND.

Due process is the "law of the land" is it not?

So I should believe you over the State department?

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #101 on: July 15, 2008, 02:30:21 PM »
That punk has to stop crying and man the fuck up! :'(
N

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #102 on: July 15, 2008, 02:41:43 PM »
A few things have been overstated and others haven't been mentioned at all-

First- Regardless of your opinion of US foreign policy, do you really believe this individual was just an innocent bystander randomly selected for interogation? Perhaps was he vacationing with his family when he was suddenly detained by the military? Even the most left slanted people on this website can't be serious when they proclaim this prisoner is some innocent teenager.

Secondly To Tu Holmes- Without getting into a silly argument with you, what you just posted from the "US Department of State" clearly disproves rather than proves your point. Due Process was not intended, nor should it be designated for non- enemy combatants. It was not until very recently where the Supreme Court by some miracle decided that by proxy Guantanamo Bay is considered part of US soil ( even though there is nothing there but a military base) and therefore via that loophole the court trampled more than half a century of precedent and gave non enemy combatants the right to file for habeas corpus. This old video was shot years before the courts mind numbing decision was handed down, so there is absolutely nothing illegal about the interogation.  Also, what exactly do you think we should do in interogations? Ask nicely? Share some fallafel with them? Beat up some women for driving? Perhaps that would make them feel more comfortable.

The conditions most of these enemy combtants come from make Guanatanamo look like Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas which is why in order to extract information, certain brutal methods need to be employed. Although, it should also be mentioned even though its obvious, our forms of "torture" are a joke to these people. They are bootsstrapping to the anti american leftists in this country to wiggle their way out of detention, plain and simple.

In addition, regardless of where you recieved that information the Judiciary is responsible for enforcing the laws of the land and the legislature ( IE Congress and the Senate) is responsible for passing the laws of the land. The President with his power as commander and Chief has clashed with Congress over the Patriot Act, Guantanamo and numerous other post 911 policies where his responsibility as commander and chief has come into direct conflict with Congresses power to legislate. We are at war. The President is commander and chief. Congress hasn't authorized military action since WW2. Whether or not you agree with Bush is immaterial. One thing is certain. I feel much safer with a government being PROactive as opposed to REactive when it comes to national security.

Lastly, for all of you whining about due process, let me ask you this- Do you think an enemy combatant detained in Afghanistan who kills, maims, or beheads a US soldier and is brought to Guantanamo for interogation deserves to fall within the US constitutions due process protections that say, you should be entitled to? If your answer is yes, please explain the logic behind such a ridiculous idea.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #103 on: July 15, 2008, 03:25:32 PM »
A few things have been overstated and others haven't been mentioned at all-

First- Regardless of your opinion of US foreign policy, do you really believe this individual was just an innocent bystander randomly selected for interogation? Perhaps was he vacationing with his family when he was suddenly detained by the military? Even the most left slanted people on this website can't be serious when they proclaim this prisoner is some innocent teenager.

Secondly To Tu Holmes- Without getting into a silly argument with you, what you just posted from the "US Department of State" clearly disproves rather than proves your point. Due Process was not intended, nor should it be designated for non- enemy combatants. It was not until very recently where the Supreme Court by some miracle decided that by proxy Guantanamo Bay is considered part of US soil ( even though there is nothing there but a military base) and therefore via that loophole the court trampled more than half a century of precedent and gave non enemy combatants the right to file for habeas corpus. This old video was shot years before the courts mind numbing decision was handed down, so there is absolutely nothing illegal about the interogation.  Also, what exactly do you think we should do in interogations? Ask nicely? Share some fallafel with them? Beat up some women for driving? Perhaps that would make them feel more comfortable.

The conditions most of these enemy combtants come from make Guanatanamo look like Wynn Hotel in Las Vegas which is why in order to extract information, certain brutal methods need to be employed. Although, it should also be mentioned even though its obvious, our forms of "torture" are a joke to these people. They are bootsstrapping to the anti american leftists in this country to wiggle their way out of detention, plain and simple.

In addition, regardless of where you recieved that information the Judiciary is responsible for enforcing the laws of the land and the legislature ( IE Congress and the Senate) is responsible for passing the laws of the land. The President with his power as commander and Chief has clashed with Congress over the Patriot Act, Guantanamo and numerous other post 911 policies where his responsibility as commander and chief has come into direct conflict with Congresses power to legislate. We are at war. The President is commander and chief. Congress hasn't authorized military action since WW2. Whether or not you agree with Bush is immaterial. One thing is certain. I feel much safer with a government being PROactive as opposed to REactive when it comes to national security.

Lastly, for all of you whining about due process, let me ask you this- Do you think an enemy combatant detained in Afghanistan who kills, maims, or beheads a US soldier and is brought to Guantanamo for interogation deserves to fall within the US constitutions due process protections that say, you should be entitled to? If your answer is yes, please explain the logic behind such a ridiculous idea.

This is a great post.

People like Camel Jockey really crack me up. He's the same kid that had a drinking problem at 19 or 20 and yet he thinks he's in a position to talk down to US soldiers and tell them what they can and can not fight for. I'm sure there are some military guys that would love to hear you tell them they're stupid and have no idea what they're doing. And it's absolutely astounding that these same people are crying for terrorist rights.

Were those Americans given habeas corpus as they were tortured and beheaded? Their charred corpses strung up over a bridge in 2003 or whenever it was? I have no sympathy for people who were picked up on the battlefield trying to kill Americans.

This kid's family has ties to Al Qaeda, he was from Canada and he just miraculously ended up on an Afghanistan battlefield. I'm sure he's 100% innocent and was most likely there to research a high school project. Maybe he was making a diorama?

These guys are fanatics. How exactly should one extract information? We could take the terrorist and Muslim approach maybe. Torture, dismemberment, and execution by beheading.  ::)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #104 on: July 15, 2008, 03:40:13 PM »
This is a great post.

People like Camel Jockey really crack me up. He's the same kid that had a drinking problem at 19 or 20 and yet he thinks he's in a position to talk down to US soldiers and tell them what they can and can not fight for. I'm sure there are some military guys that would love to hear you tell them they're stupid and have no idea what they're doing. And it's absolutely astounding that these same people are crying for terrorist rights.

Were those Americans given habeas corpus as they were tortured and beheaded? Their charred corpses strung up over a bridge in 2003 or whenever it was? I have no sympathy for people who were picked up on the battlefield trying to kill Americans.

This kid's family has ties to Al Qaeda, he was from Canada and he just miraculously ended up on an Afghanistan battlefield. I'm sure he's 100% innocent and was most likely there to research a high school project. Maybe he was making a diorama?

These guys are fanatics. How exactly should one extract information? We could take the terrorist and Muslim approach maybe. Torture, dismemberment, and execution by beheading.  ::)
I don't have sympathy for those picked up on the battlefield either... But I do think if they are picked up on the battlefield that they should be held as prisoners of war and we should abide by the Geneva convention.

If a guy is fighting against US troops in battle, obviously he's the enemy and should be treated as such.

flagadajones

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #105 on: July 15, 2008, 04:30:44 PM »
arabs are whining bitches when overpowered, and atrocious butchers when they overpower you. Filthy race.

their religion tell them to lie and do everything they can to lure the infidels and then backstab them as soon as possible.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #106 on: July 15, 2008, 05:10:57 PM »
JOHNNY VEGAS is a nobody, with 20 inch guns which you can see if you decide to go out of your way and go to california, because hes too retarded to post a pic.

Meltdown!  :D

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #107 on: July 15, 2008, 05:11:48 PM »
whats the matter with you. racism can only be perpetuated by the white man, as long as youre not white you can shit on anyone thats different.

Hi Sean....still hating on the white man I see.....jealousy is a bitch!

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #108 on: July 15, 2008, 07:51:33 PM »

Spot on. The CIA and the Guantanamo bay interogators should be able to really push it when the aim is to catch terrorists. Using tough methods to get important information out of a 16 year old muslim lunatic, information that can save hundreds of lives, should be allowed.

When fighting in a war, a soldier will kill another soldier that tries to kill him, regardless of age. There is no reason to threat an enemy captive ready to kill with silk glows, because war is a different ballgame than civil life.

If it were up to Debussey, these captives should be taken to top secret facilities around the world and get exposed to every experimental and non experimental interrogation technique possible to get as much info out of them as possible, no matter what.

Would you allow torture?

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #109 on: July 15, 2008, 07:59:06 PM »
You're really dumb.

If the US were to stop giving out US tax payer money to Israel and were to leave and abolist its bases in the Middle East this whol terrorist business wouldn't be an issue.

The US has done more to fuel Islamic terrorism than all the durka mullahs and imams put together

You are right in my view to a point.  US policy sure makes their radical agenda ALOT easier.  I have a friend who recently just came back from Palestine, and you remember those pictures of the captured terrorists naked and what not?  Some are actually using those as methods to recruit more for the Hamas cause.  At least according to him. They paint all Americans the same, and say they will eventually be doing this to all of us.       

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #110 on: July 15, 2008, 08:09:34 PM »
This is a great post.

No doubt that kid should be there. He should be sentenced to death imo

My whole point was that there are people who've got nothing to do with durkas getting caught up in this mess. Is that fair?? You tell me. Maybe if we had due process by a military tribunal this wouldn't happen.

Of course I can talk down to US soliders. They're not above criticism, but my beef is not with them, but them fighting for old men with agendas who don't give a fuck about both them and the american people.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2008, 01:10:29 AM »
It's still amazing to see people fight for the rights of these monsters. Dangerous individuals why try to kill innocent people should be locked away permanently. Defenders of the right of these persons deserve the same treatment. It's disgusting.

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2008, 06:38:14 AM »
It's still amazing to see people fight for the rights of these monsters. Dangerous individuals why try to kill innocent people should be locked away permanently. Defenders of the right of these persons deserve the same treatment. It's disgusting.

I agree.

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2008, 07:15:10 AM »
You mean giving a non US citizen (terrorist) the same rights under the United States constitution as an American  ::)

2 Harvard law professors have already came out and stated that this will and could release these terrorists into the United States, hope they land in your yard not mine.

A higher standard  ???

Shocking, I don't remember the last time a US soldier strapped explosives around his body and blew up a market of 50 people.

Nope US soldiers like to make men strip naked and form a nude pyramid while sticking batons in their buttholes. Oh and US soldiers like to rape children. ;)

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2008, 07:20:12 AM »
Nope US soldiers like to make men strip naked and form a nude pyramid while sticking batons in their buttholes. Oh and US soldiers like to rape children. ;)

Don't even try to compare US soldiers and muslim terrorists.

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2008, 07:24:51 AM »
To all of you defending this terrorist.

These fuckers killed 4000 innocent American civilians in 2001. We are in a war, have you forgotten this?

We are trying to do everything we can to find and punish the people behind the attacks.

They have enough evidence on this little f*cker to take him to trial for murdering an American soldier.

I see they're still looking for Bin Laden. ::)

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2008, 08:38:57 AM »
Don't even try to compare US soldiers and muslim terrorists.

Not comparing just showing all sides.