Author Topic: Lower %bodyfat as natural u got? (and how long)  (Read 15833 times)

Seijuro

• Getbig II
Lower %bodyfat as natural u got? (and how long)
« on: July 16, 2008, 06:43:35 AM »
I got 6% just for 3 days a couple of times...  :-[ So hard to be there, i was 71kg with 1'75m. Also, how u diet? I tried many things always with no carbs, just salad and protein... I've seen that when I take few protein (60gr per day), I'm like dead, of course I go down fast but also pathetic fast recovery to soft fat

CHEVEN

• Getbig II
Re: Lower %bodyfat as natural u got? (and how long)
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2008, 11:56:46 AM »
6% is about as low as you will be able to go naturally. Never will someone go 3% in a natural show.

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2008, 01:20:39 PM »
This was probably my lowest-5-6% at at a guess? Maintained it for quite a while maybe 6-7 weeks.

bigdarksnake

• Getbig II
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 02:55:04 PM »
Hey Jonno great physique. Got any more pics?

Seijuro

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 05:46:20 AM »
This was probably my lowest-5-6% at at a guess? Maintained it for quite a while maybe 6-7 weeks.

Great I think even 4%! Amazing

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 12:31:54 PM »
Hey Jonno great physique. Got any more pics?
Thanks,mate-appreciate that.This is a more typical off season shot.

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2008, 03:14:20 PM »
Great physique-what type of cardio do you recommend? thx

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2008, 11:42:54 AM »
Great physique-what type of cardio do you recommend? thx

Thanks,mate.I try to do as little as possible but do about 40 minutes power walking first thing in the morning from about 6 weeks out. I have a cup of black coffee and 10 g of glutamine before hand .

AVBG

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2008, 12:45:18 PM »
I really can't understand the fascination with numbers/percentages. The numbers are inaccurate, if I were to get calipered today by two different people the margin of difference could be out as far as 4% (I've seen this first hand).

BTW Jonno. Mate you look unreal 365 days a year.

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2008, 10:06:40 PM »
I really can't understand the fascination with numbers/percentages. The numbers are inaccurate, if I were to get calipered today by two different people the margin of difference could be out as far as 4% (I've seen this first hand).

Agree 100% with that statement,  by the last few weeks before the show I wasn't measuring my bodyfat percentage at all and just going by the mirror, because as stated half the time the measurement is wrong!!!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2008, 10:12:09 PM »
Agree 100% with that statement,  by the last few weeks before the show I wasn't measuring my bodyfat percentage at all and just going by the mirror, because as stated half the time the measurement is wrong!!!
what about tracking progress though? I'm not gonna question you guys since i have never seriously dieted down, but i think i would rather rely on something objective like a bodyfat measurement, and going by the mirror as confirmation. Ofcourse the measurement is off, but it should be pretty consistent no?
follow the arrows

BIG ACH

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2008, 10:53:50 PM »
what about tracking progress though? I'm not gonna question you guys since i have never seriously dieted down, but i think i would rather rely on something objective like a bodyfat measurement, and going by the mirror as confirmation. Ofcourse the measurement is off, but it should be pretty consistent no?

Yes bf% measurements, and the scale are excellent indications for tracking progress, like I said the last few weeks I stopped taking any bf measurements, but I was doing it earlier in my prep to monitor progress as you stated.  I weighed myself everyday, but the last few weeks was mainly for fun.

But really when you get to a point where you are like 4-3 weeks out, changes in the mirror are more important than changes on the scale.  I've seen too many people get too caught up with numbers.  You gotta remember that when you get on stage you don't step on a scale.

I've seen guys weigh less than all their fellow competitors on stage, but blow them all away just by the way they look, they will will weigh so much less but look ten times bigger, its all an illusion!

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2008, 10:55:20 PM »
Yes bf% measurements, and the scale are excellent indications for tracking progress, like I said the last few weeks I stopped taking any bf measurements, but I was doing it earlier in my prep to monitor progress as you stated.  I weighed myself everyday, but the last few weeks was mainly for fun.

But really when you get to a point where you are like 4-3 weeks out, changes in the mirror are more important than changes on the scale.  I've seen too many people get too caught up with numbers.  You gotta remember that when you get on stage you don't step on a scale.

I've seen guys weigh less than all their fellow competitors on stage, but blow them all away just by the way they look, they will will weigh so much less but look ten times bigger, its all an illusion!
thanks for the answer!
follow the arrows

jonno gb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 12:30:55 PM »

Cheers,AVBG.In all honesty,my legs are not usually as sharp as in the pic but upper body is pretty similar.

I have only had my bodyfat measured once about 4 weeks from a show and it came out as 18% :P I haven't bothered since ;D

ConanCarl

• Getbig II
  • CD
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 01:14:52 PM »
Do you do any HIIT cardio in the offseason-whats diet like -off season
thx

bodybuildingfan2008

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2008, 12:19:53 PM »
Some Natural Legends!

Mega Man

• Getbig III
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2008, 03:21:38 AM »
Cheers,AVBG.In all honesty,my legs are not usually as sharp as in the pic but upper body is pretty similar.

I have only had my bodyfat measured once about 4 weeks from a show and it came out as 18% :P I haven't bothered since ;D

You need to do the water body fat test...where they weigh you under water....it's like 99.999% acutrate.

I get mine done at the medical department of USF in tampa....i live in the area. they only charge like $50-75

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2008, 03:38:06 AM »
You need to do the water body fat test...where they weigh you under water....it's like 99.999% acutrate.

I get mine done at the medical department of USF in tampa....i live in the area. they only charge like $50-75
In Australia it would be $300 +

AVBG

« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2008, 03:45:18 AM »
In Australia it would be $300 +

check out http://www.bodycomposition.com.au/ (thank me later) $90

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2008, 03:57:29 AM »

AVBG

« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2008, 04:07:21 AM »
thats awesome

It's only $60 when you don't want to have a post scan consultation- you get your results emailed to you and your out the door within 15mins.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 06, 2008, 04:20:13 AM »
It's only $60 when you don't want to have a post scan consultation- you get your results emailed to you and your out the door within 15mins.
do you work there?

AVBG

« Reply #22 on: August 06, 2008, 12:22:27 PM »
do you work there?
No- I've had the scan though.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 06, 2008, 02:18:10 PM »
No- I've had the scan though.
cheers for that AVBG, i will definately check it out.

brudge

• Getbig II
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2008, 01:23:20 PM »
is it really worth it to pay that much when you can just look in the mirror or ask someone in the know to judge how you look? To me the number isn't as important as what stares you back in the mirror.  Same goes for weight on the scale. I just go by how I look and feel.