Author Topic: Vic Richards  (Read 28533 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Vic Richards
« on: July 19, 2008, 02:42:47 PM »
Imagine if this guy was born 15 years later and had access to Ronnie or Jay's pharmaceutical regime, along with being able to trian full time....

&feature=related

JohnnyVegas

Re: Vic Richards
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2008, 03:01:01 PM »
Imagine if this guy was born 15 years later and had access to Ronnie or Jay's pharmaceutical regime, along with being able to trian full time....

&feature=related

Lets count the lies in the vid;

1- Arms= 26 inches, real life, measured at 21 (Flex Magazine).

2- Weight off season= 360# real life- 270# (Flex Magazine).

3- Weight contest shape= 330#, real life-never in "contest shape", always 15-20# over.

His legs were measured at 33 inches, which is pretty damn big.

I saw Vic in Venice in 1982 so (an the boardwalk), before he made ANY magazines and was not known outside of Venice-he was the biggest guy in town-including Haney. I always thought if this is how big the unknown guys are in Venice then this is the place to train.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2008, 03:03:11 PM »
if if if, who fucking cares  ::)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2008, 03:14:58 PM »

&feature=related

VICTOR WAS ACTUALLY MORE AWESOME THAN RONNIE AND CERTAINLY MORE AWESOME THAN BORING JAY is today...

He had the WHOLE package: Calves, Forearms, Legs, Hams Chest, Back EVERYTHING!!!! I don't know what he was using, but whatever it is I should get some...

Ever wonder why BB form the 70s and 80s look better than today??? Flat stomachs, tiny waists, live a long time...

C

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2008, 03:18:26 PM »
I met him in his prime time.
Yeah. He was huge 124kg.
But his muscle was like baloon.

NOT HARD AT ALL.

Ronnie is certainly better. His muscle is grnite hard and heavier.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2008, 03:52:16 PM »
Tons of water and no back = hype machine.

io856

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2008, 03:55:34 PM »
Yeah. He was huge 124kg.

NOT HARD AT ALL.

Ronnie is certainly better. His muscle is grnite hard and heavier.
Spot on.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2008, 04:16:40 PM »
Tons of water and no back = hype machine.

True-his back was his only weak area.

Yeah. He was huge 124kg.

NOT HARD AT ALL.

Yes, he needed to drop more weight-incluidng hte water.

But Samir had the exact same problem, and he fixed it. Would have been cool to see Vic drop the water.

When Rich Gasapri beat Vic in a Teenage show (LA Open-Teenage??) Vic flipped out and said it was racist. Rich won becuse he was shredded wheat and Vic was a blob of water and muscle-sort of like how Chet Yorton beat Arnold at the 67 Universe  ;D

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2008, 05:34:53 PM »
no discipline

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2008, 05:38:31 PM »
Victor will be 63 yrs old next month.
a

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2008, 05:48:43 PM »
Victor will be 63 yrs old next month.

You mean to say he was 50 years old when he appeared on stage side by side with Dorian Yates and Lou Ferrigno in 1994??? No fucking way!

As for Vegas who is calling bluff to Victor's arm size, yet Vegas claims to have 21"....hahahaha. EPIC due as I say not as I do complex!  ::)

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2008, 05:59:07 PM »
IF he could have ever come in dry like Yates, Ray, etc.,...Jesus...
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2008, 06:01:49 PM »
You mean to say he was 50 years old when he appeared on stage side by side with Dorian Yates and Lou Ferrigno in 1994??? No fucking way!

As for Vegas who is calling bluff to Victor's arm size, yet Vegas claims to have 21"....hahahaha. EPIC due as I say not as I do complex!  ::)

Vic is about45, 46

I can go arm to arm with Vic I think  ::)

Brutal_1

• Getbig V
  • Your best is...
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2008, 06:03:31 PM »

I remember TREVOR SMITH having done a few interviews with Vic Richards, and Vic goes into details about how it was all politics.

One story I remember him talking about was a show, can't remember which one, that Dorian was competing in, Vic and prepared for and was already pumped up and ready to go out, but at the last minute, the "powers that be" did not allow Vic to compete.  Something about keeping him off the stage because of high hopes for Dorian  ::)  Not sure if anyone can dig up the interview, but yeah, Vic got screwed pretty hard  :-\
just not good enough

local hero

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • mma finance warrior of peace
« Reply #14 on: July 19, 2008, 07:30:06 PM »
vic richards as good as he was couldnt have beat dorain in any stage of his pro career, on condition alone,,

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: July 19, 2008, 08:00:46 PM »
True-his back was his only weak area.

Yes, he needed to drop more weight-incluidng hte water.

But Samir had the exact same problem, and he fixed it. Would have been cool to see Vic drop the water.

When Rich Gasapri beat Vic in a Teenage show (LA Open-Teenage??) Vic flipped out and said it was racist. Rich won becuse he was shredded wheat and Vic was a blob of water and muscle-sort of like how Chet Yorton beat Arnold at the 67 Universe  ;D

Yeah, the fucking race card-weak ass excuse.

Just runs parallel with the fact the Richards was a lazy shit, plain and simple. Would have never beaten top guys or many second-tier pros...which is why he always avoided comp and made excuses...just to maintain his pathetic 'mystique'

By the way, he is 44

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: July 19, 2008, 08:01:42 PM »
VICTOR WAS ACTUALLY MORE AWESOME THAN RONNIE AND CERTAINLY MORE AWESOME THAN BORING JAY is today...

He had the WHOLE package: Calves, Forearms, Legs, Hams Chest, Back EVERYTHING!!!! I don't know what he was using, but whatever it is I should get some...

Ever wonder why BB form the 70s and 80s look better than today??? Flat stomachs, tiny waists, live a long time...

No.

See my above post

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2008, 09:09:17 PM »
2-3 weeks before show time Dennis James looks like Mr. Olympia far more impressive then Richards, but bodybuilding is not about proportions alone, It has a lot of angles to it and Richards is incomplete in the eyes of the judges, his muscle look inflated almost like the way esiclene makes it look, in todays arena he wouldn't even quilify for the olympia, absolutely no striations in his whole entire life.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2008, 09:54:45 PM »
I've never seen any footage from the show he won to turn pro, the 1992 Nigerian National championship.

From what I've read, Richards beat a bunch of scabs. To me, he's afraid that he'll get beat by smaller, better-conditioned bodybuilders, which would bruise his ego.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2008, 10:11:44 PM »
I would hardly call this guy fat. So he didn't feel the need to have the approval of 7 guys sitting at a table, (most of which who do not lift) tell him that he is a great bodybuilder. Good for him. 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2008, 10:19:35 PM »
I would hardly call this guy fat. So he didn't feel the need to have the approval of 7 guys sitting at a table, (most of which who do not lift) tell him that he is a great bodybuilder. Good for him. 

If that were the case, he wouldn't have competed at all. Instead, he picked contests, where the opponents were so pitiful, the 7 guys in front of him would have to pick him as the winner.

He ran his mouth about other IFBB pros, but he didn't walk the walk and face them onstage. His size alone wouldn't have been enough to win. And, we already known what happens when Richards gets beat by a smaller guy.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 19, 2008, 10:21:42 PM »
If that were the case, he wouldn't have competed at all. Instead, he picked contests, where the opponents were so pitiful, the 7 guys in front of him would have to pick him as the winner.

He ran his mouth about other IFBB pros, but he didn't walk the walk and face them onstage. His size alone wouldn't have been enough to win. And, we already known what happens when Richards gets beat by a smaller guy.

STFU asshole. You have no clue. Vic was black balled from guest posing at shows because he was not a pro therefore unable to make a living. That is the only reason he wanted to turn pro.

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #22 on: July 19, 2008, 10:24:25 PM »
Anyone who doesn't give Vic his props as a bodybuilder is a FUCKING BLIND IDIOT.  The guy was incredibly huge AND had nice overall shape. 
w

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #23 on: July 19, 2008, 11:13:25 PM »
I've never seen any footage from the show he won to turn pro, the 1992 Nigerian National championship.

From what I've read, Richards beat a bunch of scabs. To me, he's afraid that he'll get beat by smaller, better-conditioned bodybuilders, which would bruise his ego.

Vic would have been beaten at the Pro level, no matter how much more muscle he had over everyone else (and he dwarfed everyone else) because he could not become shredded wheat-and that is madatory at the Pro level.

And if Vic were beaten by smaller guys (which would cover everyone-no on had his size) he would have an ego meltdown-ergo no competing in the pro's.

And like his old workout partners the Barbarian Brothers, Vic is more well known for NOT competing.

Anyone who doesn't give Vic his props as a bodybuilder is a FUCKING BLIND IDIOT.  The guy was incredibly huge AND had nice overall shape. 

They give him credit, just not Mr O credit. Not many guys had 33, 34 inch legs in the 80's and 90's, not even Platz or Demayo.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 12:29:46 AM »
STFU asshole. You have no clue. Vic was black balled from guest posing at shows because he was not a pro therefore unable to make a living. That is the only reason he wanted to turn pro.

Unable to make a living? Excuse me, but wasn't Victor Richards plastered on ads for Weider supplements BEFORE he turned pro?

He won that joke of a pro qualifier and STILL had a Weider contract in hand. And, he got as much as (if not more publicity than) guy who won legitimate national-level championship.

The simple fact is that, eventually, he would be asked to back up that advanced hype (and salary) ONSTAGE. And, he was afraid to do it, especially if it meant being beaten by guys like Lee Labrada, Shawn Ray, and (the man that beat him once before) Rich Gaspari.