Author Topic: Vic Richards  (Read 28538 times)

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Vic Richards
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 12:33:21 AM »
Anyone who doesn't give Vic his props as a bodybuilder is a FUCKING BLIND IDIOT.  The guy was incredibly huge AND had nice overall shape. 

As a bodybuilder, in and of himself, he's awesome. As a COMPETITIVE bodybuilder, he is not. Again, He didn't even go head up with the best at the NPC Nationals-level. He ran to NIGERIA to win its pitiful championship. Of course, he'll swear up and down that the
"powers-that-be" were trying to hold him back (which would have been his excuse, for every time he didn't place first).

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 12:42:22 AM »
Yeah, the fucking race card-weak ass excuse.

Just runs parallel with the fact the Richards was a lazy shit, plain and simple. Would have never beaten top guys or many second-tier pros...which is why he always avoided comp and made excuses...just to maintain his pathetic 'mystique'

By the way, he is 44

No, he liked to train. At 17 was bigger than you ever were,  and he liked training, but hated dieting...He was very disciplined when it came to training, that is why is still big as house now 

Figo

• Getbig V

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 05:44:33 AM »
If that were the case, he wouldn't have competed at all. Instead, he picked contests, where the opponents were so pitiful, the 7 guys in front of him would have to pick him as the winner.

He ran his mouth about other IFBB pros, but he didn't walk the walk and face them onstage. His size alone wouldn't have been enough to win. And, we already known what happens when Richards gets beat by a smaller guy.

Neither Vic nor Muscle Memory mentions the mythical IFBB Pro card...

Not sure of the pro card thing don't you have to petition the IFBB for one?? and not EVERY winner of their countries bb championship gets one...Most have to "clean out" and go to the Universe or World Games....Dennis Wolf won the german nationals and stii had to go to to the IFBB Amatuer Universe in 2005 http://www.musclememory.com/show.php?c=World+Amateur+Championships+-+IFBB&y=2005

Bob always said Vic Richards never was an IFBB Pro or had a IFBB Pro Card and he should know

and Vic doesn't even mention it on his website at all-  Vic was born 9 of 10 children of a cardiologist father and midwifery mother. Vic started weight training at age fifteen weighing 210 pounds while playing football, wrestling and running track. Vic stands 5'10" at 370 pounds of solid muscle.
     " Unlike most bodybuilders, Vic did not start weight training in order to become a competitive bodybuilder, training was something that came naturally to him.
    After eight months of training at a bodyweight of 225 pounds, Vic entered his first bodybuilding contest, & won the teenage heavyweight class and came in second overall to a nineteen year old veteran teen named Rich Gaspari. At eighteen years of age and weighing 240 pounds Vic competed in teenage Los Angeles winning both the heavyweight and the overall. Then, two weeks later, Vic entered a lesser contest named "The Orange County Muscle Classic".
Vic came second to a local teenage contestant who had placed fourth to him two weeks earlier at the Los Angeles Championship.
7nbsp;    At age nineteen and beefed up to 245 pounds, Vic unexpectedly showed up at the "California Gold Cup" & walked away crowned as the California Gold Cup Champion. Upon his arrival to the parking lot his trophy fell apart! Vic was understandably disappointed and from there on he decided that competition should come from within and not from outward displays of hype.

This unorthodox philosophy (in a sport where athletes are supposed to be physical and not philosophical) has gained Vic Richards lots of fame, infamy, and popularity around the world among bodybuilders and fitness buffs. Despite Vic Richards' mythical physical extremes, he is not stereotypical of bodybuilders. Vic Richards attained a Bachelor degree in Psychology and Human Behavioral Science at University of Southern California. Vic is one CEO that will not hide behind his label."

Moosejay

« Reply #29 on: July 20, 2008, 05:48:32 AM »
No, he liked to train. At 17 was bigger than you ever were,  and he liked training, but hated dieting...He was very disciplined when it came to training, that is why is still big as house now 

"Bigger tha I ever was"

So what?

He is a social misanthrope...I met him and he wouldn't even talk to anyone

Who cares how big he is now?

What the fuck does that get him?

Time on the chain gang?

Get with it, fan-boy.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2008, 06:15:36 AM »

No, hes still big because of his genetics and probably huge appetite for eating

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2008, 08:21:33 AM »
"Bigger tha I ever was"

So what?

He is a social misanthrope...I met him and he wouldn't even talk to anyone

Who cares how big he is now?

What the fuck does that get him?

Time on the chain gang?

Get with it, fan-boy.

I never was a fan of his, but I respected what he accomplished under the guidance of the Barbarian bros. He liked to train, and they brought that out of them. He's now some  Mormon last time I heard about him, which,  can tell you about his mental state.
No, hes still big because of his genetics and probably huge appetite for eating

That too, but he seems to have that "thick skinned" look. Last pics i saw the mofo was huge.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: July 20, 2008, 08:45:56 AM »
(This is Mike)
I was lucky enough to spend sum time with Victor in the early 1990's (my friend Freddy owned a gym in Lynn Mass and was friends with Victor/who used to stay at Freddies house,freddy had Victor give seminars at his gym and we would take Victor out to clubs beach etc)
Victor was THE most impressive bodybuilder i have ever seen in person!(claimed a bodyweight in excess of 300 lbs when noone else was even close to 300)
Victor ate every 2 hours (same thing chicken and white rice/take out )
Victor was always spouting off about racism/religion and actually drove people out of his seminars (after they would get up and leave he would say "good i don't want people like them here anyways")
u went to a BB seminar and vic would talk about "breaking the shackles of oppression".....pretty far out stuff
Vic would draw a crowd wherever we would take him! (beach/club etc he was that BIG!)
VERY IMPRESSIVE in person!
ahead of his time size wise (now bodybuilders have "caught up to him")
called himself "The Uncrowned Mr Olympia"
:D Weee

Moosejay

« Reply #33 on: July 20, 2008, 08:59:00 AM »
I never was a fan of his, but I respected what he accomplished under the guidance of the Barbarian bros. He liked to train, and they brought that out of them. He's now some  Mormon last time I heard about him, which,  can tell you about his mental state.
That too, but he seems to have that "thick skinned" look. Last pics i saw the mofo was huge.

Fair enough

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 20, 2008, 09:03:35 AM »
vic richards as good as he was couldnt have beat dorain in any stage of his pro career, on condition alone,,

HI DORIAN....HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING ABOUT 150 POUNDS SOAKING WET????? YOU AND LEVRONE CAN SHARE CLOTHES NOW!!!! :o :o :o
C

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: July 20, 2008, 09:05:34 AM »
HI DORIAN....HOW DOES IT FEEL BEING ABOUT 150 POUNDS SOAKING WET????? YOU AND LEVRONE CAN SHARE CLOTHES NOW!!!! :o :o :o

How are your 'race sensitivity' classes going?

'Break those chains', Samson! ;)

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 20, 2008, 09:14:53 AM »
No.

See my above post

OF COURSE HE WAS MORE AWESOME THAN RONNIE...CONSIDERING VICTOR WAS A 300 POUND MONSTER IN A TIME (EARLY 90S) WHEN THERE WEREN'T ANY...HE SET THE PRECEDENT THAT RONNIE, NASSER, RUHL, ETC FOLLOWED. UP UNTIL THEN IT WAS DEEMED IMPOSSIBLE TO GET THAT BIG.

SO FAR AS HIM COMPETING...I HAVE A VIDEO I FOUND ONLINE WHERE HE IS DISCUSSING WITH AN INTERVIEWER THAT HE DOES NOT WANT TO COMPETE...HE JUST LIKES WORKING OUT. THIS WAS AT A TIME WHEN VIC WAS BIG, BUT HAD NOT BEEN GIVEN A WEIDER CONTRACT/PRO CARD TO COMPETE. HE WAS JUST A GYM RAT. SO HE HAS REMAINED FIRM FROM THE BEGINNING THAT HE HAD NO DESIRE TO GO ON STAGE.

C

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #37 on: July 20, 2008, 09:16:02 AM »
Anybody that thinks we are blind by saying he would not win a bodybuilding show are blind themselves and don't know anything about being bodybuilding ripped, I bet you guys have never seen a six pack. Its the ones that can't get shredded will say Victor is the uncrowned Mr. O

The ones that have truly suffered and have had death whisppering at their ear because they are unimaginably depleted and have made the ultimate sacrafices to get those last set of striations in the sweep, christmas tree, and striated glute are the ones that should be rewarded and they will laugh at a clown like Vic who's muscle look like breast implants, Can you guys not see, for crying out loud his face looks fat, c'mon.

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 20, 2008, 09:25:03 AM »

Just runs parallel with the fact the Richards was a lazy shit, plain and simple. Would have never beaten top guys or many second-tier pros...which is why he always avoided comp and made excuses...just to maintain his pathetic 'mystique'

By the way, he is 44

WHAT RACE CARD ARE YOU TAKING ABOUT????
GET OFF YOUR PISS POT PODIUM AND SHUT UP...

YOU'RE JEALOUS OF VIC ...CASE CLOSED.
C

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 20, 2008, 09:26:02 AM »
As a bodybuilder, in and of himself, he's awesome. As a COMPETITIVE bodybuilder, he is not. Again, He didn't even go head up with the best at the NPC Nationals-level. He ran to NIGERIA to win its pitiful championship. Of course, he'll swear up and down that the
"powers-that-be" were trying to hold him back (which would have been his excuse, for every time he didn't place first).

I THOUGHT YOU WERE TALKING ABOUT LEE PRIEST!!!!
C

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #40 on: July 20, 2008, 11:13:46 AM »

By the way, he is 44

Do you like or support anyone who is NOT American?

Danimal77

• Getbig V
  • Yo Adrian
« Reply #41 on: July 20, 2008, 11:14:41 AM »
2-3 weeks before show time Dennis James looks like Mr. Olympia far more impressive then Richards, but bodybuilding is not about proportions alone, It has a lot of angles to it and Richards is incomplete in the eyes of the judges, his muscle look inflated almost like the way esiclene makes it look, in todays arena he wouldn't even quilify for the olympia, absolutely no striations in his whole entire life.

And Jay has striations??  ::)

body88

« Reply #42 on: July 20, 2008, 11:16:51 AM »
I would hardly call this guy fat. So he didn't feel the need to have the approval of 7 guys sitting at a table, (most of which who do not lift) tell him that he is a great bodybuilder. Good for him. 

Never understood people calling this guy fat..... Clearly he is pretty ripped in that shot, and he didn't have the giant gh gut to go along with it. There is a recent picture of vic floating around, and he is HUGE.

This is 15 - 20 percent bf? Everyone has a right to their opinion, but saying the guy was 20 percent bf is lies. Never seen anyone with shredded abs at 20 percent.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: July 20, 2008, 12:01:28 PM »
vic didnt want to compete, but wanted to go around for guest posings.

he wanted the easy part, but not have to back it up onstage, bc he knew that he was a loser on stage - especially after his "uncrowned" claim, no one would really pay for his guest posings. 

the guys ego was such that he wouldnt' even risk competing an an NPC show - he got his pro card at the nigerian championships.

he wanted everything as a pro - publicity in the mags, guest posings, hanging at contests with pros, but yet didnt want to compete for a fear of loosing.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2008, 12:23:23 PM »
Never understood people calling this guy fat..... Clearly he is pretty ripped in that shot, and he didn't have the giant gh gut to go along with it. There is a recent picture of vic floating around, and he is HUGE.

This is 15 - 20 percent bf? Everyone has a right to their opinion, but saying the guy was 20 percent bf is lies. Never seen anyone with shredded abs at 20 percent.

You dont have a 6 pack at 15% BF, or even 10% BF, he is most likely arounf 7, 8% BF in this pic....

He was an awesome BBer- but he would not have been winning shows without granite hardness condition-which he never had.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: July 20, 2008, 12:30:18 PM »
Still pretty large.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #46 on: July 20, 2008, 12:32:06 PM »
Still pretty large the biggest MFer on the planet.

Fixed (he is a monster!).

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: July 20, 2008, 12:36:08 PM »
Fixed (he is a monster!).

You know, you really get an idea of how freaky he is by him standing next to Don. I have stood right next to Don and he is not small by any means, but in that pic Vic dwarfs him.

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: July 20, 2008, 12:40:08 PM »
I think with a few more weeks of dieting Vic could have had the kind of definition that you see here that Jay had for last years Olympia. We can only imagine.

IFBBwannaB

• Getbig V
  • BAN stick!
« Reply #49 on: July 20, 2008, 12:53:55 PM »
I think with a few more weeks of dieting Vic could have had the kind of definition that you see here that Jay had for last years Olympia. We can only imagine.

I (personally or as we all know by internet) know plenty of off season bodybuilders weighing in the 300+ and they either never compete or look like shit when they compete. Dennis James is the perfect example and many more like it.

Vic is a huge hype machine and I was expecting to know better from someone like you, you don't win contests by sending off season pics to the judge.

Also , 03 Ronnie was heavier, larger and leaner than Vic ever was :D