Author Topic: 9 adulterers to be stoned to death in Iran  (Read 5213 times)

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
  • Hesitation doesn't come easily in this blood...
Re: 9 adulterers to be stoned to death in Iran
« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2008, 08:55:36 AM »
I'm not really talking about exposing the cultural atrocities. I agree that's great and people should be outraged, and do something about it. It's the endless dissecting of the Koran on here and comparing it to our "gentle" OT.  We all get it.  The Koran sucks "worse."  If my town became burqa-ville, I wouldn't be sitting around Getbig comparing Koran/OT notes. 

Dissecting the koran gets the word out, pin points the justification of atrocities to an ideology - people can be more aware.

What exactly would you do if your town became buraq ville? ::)

Move out? ::)
الاسلام هو شيطانية

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2008, 09:01:01 AM »
I think most of the people dissecting the Koran aren't practicers of any religion. I, for one, haven't been to Church in years.

No need to tell anyone here that, ...it shows.

The only reason the Koran gets attacked here is because the overwhelming majority of Christians have evolved with time and put the violence and brutality behind them. Meanwhile, Islam seems to get worse as time goes on.

...because Nordic has a perverse obsession with doing so.
It wouldn't surprise me if he thinks about the koran more often in a day than many muslims do in a week
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2008, 09:02:55 AM »
No need to tell anyone here that, ...it shows.

...because Nordic has a perverse obsession with doing so.
It wouldn't surprise me if he thinks about the koran more often in a day than many muslims do in a week

So you're saying I should be going to church? For what reason, Moslem? To let some priest ram what are the supposed teachings of God down my throat?

There may or may not be a higher diety. I don't know, you don't. But I'm sure as shit not that intent on letting other people tell me what he thinks is ok and what isn't. Sorry that you Moslems are convinced that a book written by a pedophile barbarian 1500 years ago is 100% fact and infallible.

Moslem ideologists like you crack me up.

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2008, 09:06:09 AM »
Dissecting the koran gets the word out, pin points the justification of atrocities to an ideology - people can be more aware.

What exactly would you do if your town became buraq ville? ::)

Move out? ::)

As in... my religion is better than yours? In this case it isn't, since ours ALSO calls for the same punishment. Highlighting the social atrocities works better imo.

What would I do?  I'm not sure, probably take to the streets like a hippie, pass along e-mails, join Women Against Burqas or whatever, to pressure politicians, write to newspapers, start a blog, etc...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 09:08:25 AM »
So you're saying I should be going to church? For what reason, Moslem? To let some priest ram what are the supposed teachings of God down my throat?

Ya, a few priests have been known to do that, ...down the throat as well as a few other orifices.
Looks like the Republican congressmen have a bit of competition from the priests there.

w

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: July 21, 2008, 09:09:05 AM »
As in... my religion is better than yours? In this case it isn't, since ours ALSO calls for the same punishment. Highlighting the social atrocities works better imo.

What would I do?  I'm not sure, probably take to the streets like a hippie, pass along e-mails, join Women Against Burqas or whatever, to pressure politicians, write to newspapers, start a blog, etc...

The social atrocities are a direct result of Islam. Read up on Sharia Law. Everything going on is a direct result of what is written in the Koran. Sharia Law is infallible. It's written by God. There is nothing wrong with it. It can't be changed, as that would mean that God was wrong.

Ya, a few priests have been known to do that, ...down the throat as well as a few other orifices.
Looks like the Republican congressmen have a bit of competition from the priests there.

That has what to do with Islam, raghead? Stick to peddling your shitty gas caps please. Your apologist Moslem stance is disgusting.

I can't help but feel sorry for any person that tries to justify the smashing of a 4 year old child's head.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: July 21, 2008, 09:17:47 AM »

I'm an atheist, and yes, I believe atheism to be a superior way of thinking.

Haha, laughable, a quick dig at priests with a perversion exclusive of that of their own teachings.

Yet, you won't have a dig at islam, which DOES teach child molestation to be OK!

Jag = moslem.
الاسلام هو شيطانية

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2008, 09:24:26 AM »
I think most of the people dissecting the Koran aren't practicers of any religion. I, for one, haven't been to Church in years.

The only reason the Koran gets attacked here is because the overwhelming majority of Christians have evolved with time and put the violence and brutality behind them. Meanwhile, Islam seems to get worse as time goes on.

Then you don't understand that many people feel the bible is to be taken literally.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2008, 09:39:01 AM »
Then you don't understand that many people feel the bible is to be taken literally.

Feeling the bible should taken literally and actually following through on the actions it calls for are two different things. Many people may feel they should be taken literally. However, how many do you see running around chopping hands off and what not? Not too many. Big fucking difference.

I believe the last time Christians followed through on that type of thing was in the last Crusades. Only those took place 700+ years ago. It's 2008 now and Moslems are still running around blowing up kids, chopping heads off and stoning women to death.

It amazes me. Like Nordic said, Islam can never be discusses on here without the Moslem apologists coming on and trying to steer the conversation towards Christianity.

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: July 21, 2008, 10:37:08 AM »
Feeling the bible should taken literally and actually following through on the actions it calls for are two different things. Many people may feel they should be taken literally. However, how many do you see running around chopping hands off and what not? Not too many. Big fucking difference.

I believe the last time Christians followed through on that type of thing was in the last Crusades. Only those took place 700+ years ago. It's 2008 now and Moslems are still running around blowing up kids, chopping heads off and stoning women to death.

It amazes me. Like Nordic said, Islam can never be discusses on here without the Moslem apologists coming on and trying to steer the conversation towards Christianity.

It's not like they didn't know adultery was a bad thing in Iran.

Not apologizing only pointing out the simple truth. Our own religious whackos just aren't in a position to enforce biblical rules and regulations. Anyone who argues different is a bold faced liar. Ask any fundamentalist religious type if they think the bib;e is the direct word of God and they'll say yes.

I just find the double standard enforced here hilarious. Next time some 'christian' blows up an abortion clinic or burns down a black church I can't wait to see everyone explain how this level of crazy only applies to a few Christians.

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: July 21, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »

Not apologizing only pointing out the simple truth. Our own religious whackos just aren't in a position to enforce biblical rules and regulations. Anyone who argues different is a bold faced liar. Ask any fundamentalist religious type if they think the bib;e is the direct word of God and they'll say yes.

I just find the double standard enforced here hilarious. Next time some 'christian' blows up an abortion clinic or burns down a black church I can't wait to see everyone explain how this level of crazy only applies to a few Christians.

That's a terrible argument. Why is that Muslims have no problem disobeying the law and following through on their aims? You think a little law like 'murder is illegal' is going to stop them? That's why groups like Al Qaeda operate with impunity. Why is it that 99.99% of these Christian "whackjobs" obey the law while Muslims don't?

Should I really be surprised you're referencing the abortion clinic bombings? Let's see, I can probably name on one hand the number of serial abortion clinic bombers in this country. Most people against abortion go to peaceful rallies where they wave posters. Meanwhile, a very large number of Muslim fundamentalists blow up those types of rallies to prove their point.

Why is it that the flaws of Islam can never be pointed out without some Muslim apologist showing up and trying to steer the blame to Christianity? Maybe if you were arguing with people who weren't atheists it might hold some water.

All I know is that a couple million Christians aren't running around trying to kill me every chance they get. If they were, I'd have a problem with them, too. As it stands, they don't. Unless of course, you would like to equate the actions of a few people like Eric Rudolph to the actions of millions of moslems?  ;)

Go ahead and prove your point Doc. Eldon posts a thread every month showing the list of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims over the last thirty days. It's usually 300-400 attacks long. Post a list of attacks carried out by Christian fundamentalists for just one month this year. I'd love to see the comparison. My guess is that it wouldn't even be 1/10 the size of the Muslim one.

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: July 21, 2008, 11:14:40 AM »

Weak arguements all round.

How many abortion clinics have been blown up by Christians?

Let's compare then if this is the silly way you want to debate to be: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks
الاسلام هو شيطانية

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: July 21, 2008, 11:17:06 AM »
Weak arguements all round.

How many abortion clinics have been blown up by Christians?

Let's compare then if this is the silly way you want to debate to be: http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/index.html#Attacks

Awful lot of dead women and children in those attacks. It's ok though, this Christian guy named Eric Rudolph blew up some clinics in the 90's so every Muslim terrorist is ok because Christians do it every now and then too!

7/16/2008     Pakistan     Lahore     1     0     A teenaged Christian boy is kidnapped, tortured for two days, then killed by Muslims for dating a Muslim girl.

7/17/2008     Somalia     Huriwa     5     3     A mother and her two children are among five killed when Holy Warriors stage an ambush.

7/10/2008     Pakistan     Bajaur     1     2     Islamic militants kill a 15-year-old girl in a targeted rocket attack on a home.

7/10/2008     Pakistan     Dosli     1     0     A doctor is shot four times in the chest. A note pinned to the body accuses him of 'opposing Islam and Jihad.'

7/9/2008     Jordan     Mafraq     1     0     A 16-year-old girl is stabbed to death by her brother on suspicion of pre-marital sex.

7/8/2008     Thailand     Pattani     2     0     A husband and wife team of laborers is shot, showered with gas and then burned by radical Muslims.

6/28/2008     Iraq     Samarrah     50     0     A mass grave is discovered containing women and children among fifty people rounded up by Sunni militants and executed.

6/3/2008     Iraq     Baquba     1     0     An 11-year-old boy is shot to death by Freedom Fighters.

6/3/2008    Iraq    al-Katoun    1    0    A 5-year-old boy is kidnapped and hung by sectarian Jihadis.

5/22/2008     India     Meerut     3     0     Three Hindu youth are brutally tortured and beheaded by a Muslim gang.

That's just a quick scan of that list. Would take me a while to go through the hundreds of attacks on there.  :-\

drkaje

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: July 21, 2008, 09:44:17 PM »
I give up. You guys are smart enough to understand the point and I'm just too lazy to break it down.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: July 21, 2008, 10:10:49 PM »
I give up. You guys are smart enough to understand the point and I'm just too lazy to break it down.

Giving up eh, mind if we stone you to death?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 12:30:53 AM »
That's a terrible argument. Why is that Muslims have no problem disobeying the law and following through on their aims? You think a little law like 'murder is illegal' is going to stop them? That's why groups like Al Qaeda operate with impunity. Why is it that 99.99% of these Christian "whackjobs" obey the law while Muslims don't?

Should I really be surprised you're referencing the abortion clinic bombings? Let's see, I can probably name on one hand the number of serial abortion clinic bombers in this country. Most people against abortion go to peaceful rallies where they wave posters. Meanwhile, a very large number of Muslim fundamentalists blow up those types of rallies to prove their point.

Why is it that the flaws of Islam can never be pointed out without some Muslim apologist showing up and trying to steer the blame to Christianity? Maybe if you were arguing with people who weren't atheists it might hold some water.

All I know is that a couple million Christians aren't running around trying to kill me every chance they get. If they were, I'd have a problem with them, too. As it stands, they don't. Unless of course, you would like to equate the actions of a few people like Eric Rudolph to the actions of millions of moslems?  ;)

Go ahead and prove your point Doc. Eldon posts a thread every month showing the list of terrorist attacks carried out by Muslims over the last thirty days. It's usually 300-400 attacks long. Post a list of attacks carried out by Christian fundamentalists for just one month this year. I'd love to see the comparison. My guess is that it wouldn't even be 1/10 the size of the Muslim one.

I agree.  No comparison at all.  And I agree with you and BF that you don't have to compare Islam to anything else when assessing whether or not they have some pretty bizarre teachings and practices. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 12:39:22 AM »

Jake,

I see option B) and option D) appeal to you too.  :P
w

Nordic Superman

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 03:27:51 AM »
I agree.  No comparison at all.  And I agree with you and BF that you don't have to compare Islam to anything else when assessing whether or not they have some pretty bizarre teachings and practices. 

Bingo, it works AGAINST the islamic apologist to bring up other religions when islam is attacked.
الاسلام هو شيطانية