Author Topic: triceps  (Read 3257 times)

laurion

• Getbig III
Re: triceps
« Reply #25 on: July 28, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
As a response to your previous statement Zach,

Just a little different than tricep before chest don't you think?
Obviously you have to drop the weight when training chest after pre-exhausting triceps, but anyone who has lifted for awhile will agree it's not about the weight you lift but how you lift the weight.  Yes if you lift heavy weights you will grow but you don't have to be strong to be big.  Also refer to the correction above, you may need to develop whats called "the mind muscle connection."  I try to keep all my pressing movements in the muscle I'm working... it's not that hard, of course you'll feel it in the triceps too but to say "you didn't fatigue the chest" is just a little ignorant of how weight training is done.  I will also repeat everyone should keep an open mind for what works for them, trying something with good form while listening to your body will never steer you wrong.

And I will add that there is almost nothing about this "sport" that isn't a "terrible idea"  ;D

"Fatiguing your stabilizing muscles first puts you in a higher likelihood for injury, and is a terrible idea."  Correct unless you do it appropriately and drop the weight to work the main muscle after fatiguing the stabilizing muscle.  If you attempt to lift business as usual then yes you might get injured.  Listen man if you don't get anything out of a particular principle that should teach YOU not to do it, but it shouldn't mean to advise others against it.  This is a weird "sport" where what doesn't work for you may work extremely well for others. 

We are being repetitive about this subject and I believe this thread was started for advise which has been given already so thanks for you're input and I'm sure that you've helped.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
Re: triceps
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2008, 01:30:30 PM »
As a response to your previous statement Zach,

And I will add that there is almost nothing about this "sport" that isn't a "terrible idea"  ;D

"Fatiguing your stabilizing muscles first puts you in a higher likelihood for injury, and is a terrible idea."  Correct unless you do it appropriately and drop the weight to work the main muscle after fatiguing the stabilizing muscle.  If you attempt to lift business as usual then yes you might get injured.  Listen man if you don't get anything out of a particular principle that should teach YOU not to do it, but it shouldn't mean to advise others against it.  This is a weird "sport" where what doesn't work for you may work extremely well for others. 

We are being repetitive about this subject and I believe this thread was started for advise which has been given already so thanks for you're input and I'm sure that you've helped.

While conceding to "agree to disagree," I will add one final point about the bolded statement - it is a slippery slope from people using that statement to argue the merit of pre-fatiguing stabilizing muscles to arguing the merit of doing a one-legged jumping back with a barbell on your back and a half-stability ball under your feet.  There are indeed certain things that I can guarantee that they will not work for me, and not for anybody.

Again, agree to disagree - you can continue advocating it, and I will continue bashing it to anyone who will listen, and we will both sleep just fine at night.