Author Topic: Illegal immigrant kills cop in my town  (Read 4655 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Illegal immigrant kills cop in my town
« on: July 20, 2008, 04:28:06 PM »
Pisses me off...
This fvcker was an illegal immigrant who they just wouldn't deport.

My band plays in the rock club located next door to the pizza joint where this illegal POS decided to shoot a cop.

Despite his record and warrants, they just wouldn't deport this idiot.

FORT MYERS: The man who police say shot and killed officer Andrew Widman early Friday morning was identified as Abel Arango, a man with a history of arrests.

He was arrested back in 1998 for burglary, robbery with a deadly weapon, and grand theft.

He spent 5 years at a correctional facility in Dade County and was released in 2004.

After that, the Florida Department of Corrections lost track of him and he was labeled an absconder/fugitive.

In mid-May, Lee County deputies arrested Arango for allegedly selling cocaine. He was released the next day.

Days later, Collier County issued a warrant for his arrest for a probation violation, on May 29th.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Illegal immigrant kills cop in my town
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2008, 04:32:04 PM »
Deceased cop had 3 kids...
4 year old, 22 month old, and a 5 month old.
He was 30 years old.  One year on the force.
Broke up a fight between this A-hole and his girlfriend, so the illegal immigrant shoots the cop in the face.
Immigrant is quickly killed by 4 other cops on the scene

FORT MYERS: Andrew Widman, a police officer with the Fort Myers Police Department, was shot and killed Friday morning. NBC2 spoke with the suspect's girlfriend to hear what she had to say about the shooting.

Tercotte's uncontrollable tears Friday evening told an unfathomable story - one of devastating loss from a senseless act of violence and one she calls a lose-lose situation for everybody.

"She has lost the father of her child. She has lost an individual who saved her life," said Tercotte's attorney Steve Leskovich.

Tercotte calls Officer Andrew Widman a hero. She says Arango would have killed her if he didn't step in.

"She is more in shock and still in disbelief that somebody lost their life for her," said Leskovich.

Tercotte, who has a 10-month-old daughter with Arango, says the horrific shooting blindsided her.

"She has no idea why he did what he did. She never saw the gun, never gave him a gun, never heard of a gun, didn't know he had a gun, and somehow he had it," said Leskovich.

While the shooting will never make any sense to Tercotte, she and her attorney noted what may have motivated Arango.

"Abel had the warrant out from Collier County, had pending charges in Lee County, knew that he was going back to prison and felt that he wasn't going," Leskovich said.

Tercotte says he just snapped. Leskovich says both of them had been drinking at several downtown clubs throughout the night.

Now, the physically and emotionally bruised 26-year-old is talking with police.

"She gave a six-hour-long statement. She's going to do whatever she can do to help the police figure out why Abel did what he did," said Leskovich.

She is also sending her deepest condolences to the Widman family. She broke down talking about the fallen officer, saying she's so sorry and she wouldn't be here if it weren't for his bravery.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Police Officer killed in line of duty. Charlie Crist comments
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2008, 04:33:46 PM »
Police identify officer and suspect killed in shooting

FORT MYERS: Fort Myers Police are mourning the loss of an officer who was shot and killed by a suspect at Main & Hendry streets in downtown Fort Myers early Friday morning.

Major Doug Baker says the officer, 30-year-old Andrew Widman, responded to a domestic dispute between a man and his girlfriend in front of the pizza shop on Hendry Street at 2:03 a.m.

When Widman stepped in to break up the fight, police say Abel Arango pulled out a gun and shot Widman at point blank range in the face.

Widman died at the scene.

Baker said it happened so fast Widman didn’t have enough time to pull his weapon.

Police say Arango fled the scene, followed by other officers.

Arango fired at officers, requiring them to take cover. They shot and killed Arango.

The officers involved have been placed on paid administrative leave during the investigation into the shooting.

The officers have been identified as Alain Gagnon, Wolfgang Daniel, Mike Perry and BJ Ades.

During a press conference, Major Baker said Arango had said he was going to go out "Miami style" and take an officer with him.

DONATIONS
Donations can be made to the Andrew Widman Memorial Fund at any Fifth Third Bank. They can also be made to the Andrew Widman Family Fund at any Preferred Community Bank branches.

THE FALLEN OFFICER
Andrew Widman started with the Fort Myers Police in April 2007.

Baker said Widman has a wife, three children, and was "well-liked... dedicated... hard worker."

Local family members have been told of his death, but the department is still working to contact family members out of the area.

Baker said taking care of the family is the department's number-one priority.

"It's very difficult," Baker said, when asked about how other officers were dealing with the news. "This is very tragic and difficult to get by."

The last time a Fort Myers officer died in the line of duty was in 2003, when Officer Daniel Starks was killed in a traffic accident.

THE SUSPECT
The man who police say shot and killed officer Andrew Widman early Friday morning was identified as Abel Arango, a man with a history of arrests.

He was arrested back in 1998 for burglary, robbery with a deadly weapon, and grand theft. He spent 5 years at a correctional facility in Dade County and was released in 2004.

After that, the Florida Department of Corrections lost track of him and he was labeled an absconder/fugitive.

In mid-May, Lee County deputies arrested Arango for allegedly selling cocaine. He was released the next day.

Days later, Collier County issued a warrant for his arrest for a probation violation, on May 29th.

STATEMENTS FROM OFFICIALS:

Florida Governor Charlie Crist:
"Today I share the sorrow of Florida’s law enforcement family as we mourn the loss of Officer Andrew Widman who was tragically killed in the line of duty this morning. I join the Ft. Myers community and all Floridians in expressing my deepest sympathy and prayers for Officer Widman’s wife and three children.

"Officer Widman will be remembered as a hero who cared deeply about keeping his community safe. His life will long symbolize the outstanding work Florida’s law enforcement officers perform every day and I thank every officer for protecting and keeping Floridian's safe. "

Attorney General Bill McCollum:
"I'm deeply saddened by the shooting death of Fort Myers Police Officer Andrew Widman, who lost his life while protecting other citizens. My heartfelt condolences go out to his wife and young children, family, friends and colleagues.

"This is a difficult time for Florida's law enforcement community, as Officer Widman's death comes just weeks after the line-of-duty slaying of Tomoka Corrections Officer Donna Fitzgerald. Like Officer Fitzgerald, Officer Widman will always be remembered for his dedication to the safety of his community. I offer my prayers and support to the victims' families, friends and colleagues during this challenging time."

Cape Coral Mayor Eric Feichthaler:
Today is a very sad day throughout our area.  Fort Myers Police Officer, Andrew Widman, was senselessly taken away from us last night, as he worked to keep our community safe.  Although he served the City of Fort Myers, he was also a Cape Coral resident.  Our thoughts and prayers will be with his family, friends, and brothers and sisters at the Fort Myers Police Department through this very difficult time.

The City of Cape Coral will be flying our flag at half-staff today to mourn the loss of one of our own.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2008, 04:36:24 PM »
DAMN, I was just fixing to say I beat this guy left behind kids.

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 04:39:25 PM »
i would do the same thing if the po-po harrassed me

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2008, 04:39:51 PM »
DAMN, I was just fixing to say I beat this guy left behind kids.

It's major news in this town.  Last month the husband of IFBB Pro Amanda Dunbar's sister killed her and came to Ft Myers to kill himself.  String of home armed invasions recently.  Now this prick shoots up a cop at a pizza joint I visit twice a month.  Rediculous.  

I drove past this cops house today when leaving my mom's house.  

40 cars in the street.  20 of them cop cars.  Big family memorial thing.  
Seeing all the cops standing around = very sobering.

They're collecting $ at every walmart in town.  Cops everywhere are on high alert, driving their cars in pack now, in case some asshat copycat decides to do the same thing.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2008, 04:41:07 PM »
"She has no idea why he did what he did. She never saw the gun, never gave him a gun, never heard of a gun, didn't know he had a gun, and somehow he had it," said Leskovich.

The fiancee is lying.

You KNOW if your man carries a gun.  You KNOW if you live with him, have a baby with him, suck his dick every night... you KNOW he packs heat. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2008, 04:45:02 PM »
It always make me furious to hear of a cop getting killed. It's alwsy unsavory characters, and the officer is always getting shot in the face or head.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 04:49:42 PM »
It always make me furious to hear of a cop getting killed. It's alwsy unsavory characters, and the officer is always getting shot in the face or head.

Closed casket memorial service on Tues night.

They lay him to rest on Wednesday.

All because the system releases a guy after his 3rd coke sell to officers.
They released him despite warrants and immigration woes.

The 4 other cops on the scene wasted the fvcker.  Put so many bullets into him they had to shut down 4 blocks for 24 hours as they fished out all the bullets from buildings.

I was standing in that same pizza place 6 days earlier chomping on a meatball sub from there.  And people still wonder why I carry heat everywhere I go?  You never know when some prick is just going to start shooting. 

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 04:51:58 PM »
And people still wonder why I carry heat everywhere I go?  You never know when some prick is just going to start shooting. 

maybe the us shouldnt allow people to carry guns?  :o

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2008, 04:58:15 PM »
maybe the us shouldnt allow people to carry guns?  :o

do you think this illegal immigrant with arrest warrants, who was already illegally carrying a weapon, would have followed this gun ban?

No.

only law abiding people like me would.  The people who carry them illegally now would still carry them, and would use them much more, as they wouldn't have to worry about the quiet dorky kid in the pizza place eating his sub firing back.

The Coach

« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2008, 05:13:21 PM »
If Obama becomes President, you can expect more of that.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2008, 05:16:40 PM »

Why do you cry so much for the pig? Cops know they can die, anytime, so why so much bs?

The Coach

« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2008, 05:25:10 PM »

Why do you cry so much for the pig? Cops know they can die, anytime, so why so much bs?

The point he was killed by an illegal. Crap like this happends all the in LA.

benz

• Getbig V
  • ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶ boo! ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾•̃̾)۶
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2008, 05:28:58 PM »

does it make a difference if the assasin were american, chinese, etc?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 05:33:33 PM »
That is insane. Criminals belong behind bars, not out on the street.

That man must have been criminally insane. If you know you've got outstanding warrants, you sure as heck don't call attention to yourself, and beating a woman in a public place filled with cops is calling attention to yourself.
Like he didn't know every cop would open fire on him?   ::)

It's terrible when good men go down because they've been failed by the system they uphold. The system should have had this criminal behind bars rather than roaming the streets to make widows and fatherless children.  :'(

DONATIONS
Donations can be made to the Andrew Widman Memorial Fund at any Fifth Third Bank. They can also be made to the Andrew Widman Family Fund at any Preferred Community Bank branches.
w

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 05:37:38 PM »

That man must have been criminally insane. If you know you've got outstanding warrants, you sure as heck don't call attention to yourself, and beating a woman in a public place filled with cops is calling attention to yourself.
Like he didn't know every cop would open fire on him?   ::)

It's terrible when good men go down because they've been failed by the system they uphold. The system should have had this criminal behind bars rather than roaming the streets to make widows and fatherless children.  :'(

Criminally insane? Unless you can prove it, stfu. Looks to me like he was a piece of shit with no regard for anything. Hardly criminally insane. Just another thug illegal who skirts the law. ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 05:41:22 PM »

Like he didn't know every cop would open fire on him?   ::)

It's terrible when good men go down because they've been failed by the system they uphold. The system should have had this criminal behind bars rather than roaming the streets to make widows and fatherless children.  :'(

The cop took the argument outside and asked for his ID.

He said he'd prefer to go out "miami style" instead of going back to jail.

When he reached for his ID, he pulled his gun and shot cop in face close-range.

Cop never even unholstered his weapon.

The perp then ran, as the 4 trailing cops (they hang in the pizza place all night) drew their pieces and opened up on him.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 05:43:23 PM »
Too bad the US doesn't give a shit about illegal aliens

Over stay your visa it's no biggie

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 05:53:40 PM »
Criminally insane? Unless you can prove it, stfu. Looks to me like he was a piece of shit with no regard for anything. Hardly criminally insane. Just another thug illegal who skirts the law. ::)

Considering the archaic stance of the US government and their policy of welcoming Cubans with open arms, no questions, ...I'd say his status could hardly be that of an illegal alien.

As for the POS with no regard for anything, ...you got no arguments from me there.

ps: When I said 'criminally insane' wasn't referring to the legal definition,
...just commenting on the mindset of a POS.  'miami-style'. What a piece of work!
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 06:00:10 PM »
The cop took the argument outside and asked for his ID.

He said he'd prefer to go out "miami style" instead of going back to jail.

When he reached for his ID, he pulled his gun and shot cop in face close-range.

Cop never even unholstered his weapon.

The perp then ran, as the 4 trailing cops (they hang in the pizza place all night) drew their pieces and opened up on him.

Not assigning any culpability or anything, ...but I'm wondering... where were his colleagues while this went down?

I know he's a rookie, and looking at his pic, ...he looks really "fresh faced". Cops know domestic disputes are the most volatile of all calls they can possibly attend, ...and looking at Arango... well... let's just say that one of the guys in that altercation looks a little more 'hardcore' than the other for want of a better word. His buddies must be feeling real down. Always a tragic day when you lose one of the good guys!  :'(
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 06:12:52 PM »
You know Coach, ...sometimes I feel sorry for you because your level of understanding is all too obvious,
...but dammit you say some of the stupidest things!

Aside from being factually incorrect, ...the point is a cop was killed in the line of duty!

Cubans are welcomed into the USA with open arms and automatically given US citizenship as a great big FU to Castro.

If Obama becomes President, you can expect more of that.

Considering you big point that you thought the guy was illegal, this statement is even more ridiculous.
it is  McCain / Bush who are pushing for amnesty, and it is McCain Bush who are content to keep borders insecure and the flood of illegals into your country. Sheesh, get a clue! 
w

24KT

• Getbig V
Re: Police Officer killed in line of duty. Charlie Crist comments
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 06:19:20 PM »
How come you post this twice in 2 separate threads?
w

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 06:32:56 PM »
I was listening to the radio the other day and some talk show guy said fully 1/3 of all people incarcerated in the USA are illegals.

It would be great if we could just kick them the F out huh?  But we can't because our borders or more open than there are stars visible on a clear night.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
Re: Police Officer killed in line of duty. Charlie Crist comments
« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 06:45:22 PM »
How come you post this twice in 2 separate threads?

This one was the main article, which I didn't find until later.

The other was me ranting about illegals being able to sell coke here and not get deported.