Author Topic: Kiyoshi Moody  (Read 129120 times)

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
Kiyoshi Moody
« on: July 23, 2008, 07:45:51 PM »
Let me start off by introducing myself.

I was originally born in Japan and came to the United States at the young age of two. I grew up in San Diego, California and thats where I currently reside. I first started weight training back in college for football and track where I qualified for the US Olympic trials in the 100m and they went on to play Professional Arena Footbal and a brief stint in the NFL. I became serious about weight training and bodybuilding back in 1998. Where I competed in my first show ABA Hercules Classic where I won the Novice overall title and the Open Overall Title and from there caught the bug and went on to compete in 20 more shows over the next 2 years. Then took a very long layoff from the sport until this past year. Where I competed in the San Diego Classic and won the Light HeavyWeight title and went on to win the Overall as well. Having never competed in the NPC, this was a new avenue I was coming down, knowing that the majority of competitors I was up against have used or are using gear. So with guidance from an NPC judge he convinced me to compete in my first national level show " Team Universe" where I won the light HeavyWeight Class. I usually diet up for a show meaning in the offseason I drop weight. My next competiton will be the 2008 Team Universe in NYC in which I am getting ready for in the next month. You can catch my training logs in either kiyoshimoody.blogspot.co m or kiyoshimoody.com.

I will be open to answer any questions you throw at me!!!

Kiyoshi Moody

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
Re: Kiyoshi Moody
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2008, 08:13:59 PM »
I read the article about you in M&F a few months back.  Awesome physique man, crazy arms.  Good luck with the competitions.

AVBG

« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2008, 08:34:29 PM »
great physique Kiyoshi, welcome to getbig..

q.how tall are you?

q.what supps do you take pre-contest? not interested in knowing specific brands.

q. If you were to take up a ifbb pro card, would you reconsider your natural status?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2008, 08:51:00 PM »
Care to post some pics of yourself here Kiyoshi?

Welcome to the board, I see you've only been registered a couple of weeks, hope you stick around. :)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2008, 08:51:20 PM »
are you saying you gain muscle and lose fat when getting ready for a competition/show?

if the answer is yes then what do you do after a show?

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2008, 08:56:09 PM »
are you saying you gain muscle and lose fat when getting ready for a competition/show?

I'm also interested in hearing how a natural competitor gains muscle/loses fat going into a show and also why get smaller after the show?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 10:44:36 PM »
I have seen Kiyoshi compete and he looks great.   When he is on stage, he had an incredible physique.

He won the 2007 NPC Junior California (Lonnie Teper show here in Pasadena), then went to the Team Universe 3 weeks later and won his class, losing out to Chris Faildo in the overall.

I just saw Kiyoshi at the 2008 NPC Junior Cal, as a spectator, and I hear he will be at the NPC USAs this weekend for the contest.

Here are some pics I took...

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 10:52:39 PM »
I read the article about you in M&F a few months back.  Awesome physique man, crazy arms.  Good luck with the competitions.

Thank you very much anytime I can help or I ask answer any questions for you feel free to ask

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 11:03:41 PM »
great physique Kiyoshi, welcome to getbig..

q.how tall are you?

q.what supps do you take pre-contest? not interested in knowing specific brands.

q. If you were to take up a ifbb pro card, would you reconsider your natural status?

Thank you very much for the compliment Here are some of my stats:

1. I'm 5'10"

2. Precontest supps - whey protein, casein protein, thermogenic, creatine, glutamine, mulitvitamin, testosterone booster(otc), If you need the know the brand just let me know, I'm open to any question.

3. I have been debating and thinking about this question alot and asking myself would. Taking a IFBB Pro card will help my personal training business tremenduosly but at the same time I love my little 5 year old girl that means the world to me and would do anything for, At the same time I have my age to consider, So as of right now I can say NO I would stay natural. Can I compete on a IFBB Pro stage, Yes, Can I place naturally NO, Will things change, yes they can. Hope that helps

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 11:05:22 PM »
Care to post some pics of yourself here Kiyoshi?

Welcome to the board, I see you've only been registered a couple of weeks, hope you stick around. :)

Thanks I will be around!! Not going anywhere!!! I like to help out as many people as I can whether postiv or negative, I know this is a postive board but we all have haters everywhere and they get love too!!!!!!

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 11:08:20 PM »

Correct, I put on weight and muscle and drop bodyfat leading into a show so I grow into the show.

My metabolism is so fast that I can literally eat junk food 3 times per day and alot of it and lose weight. I have been blessed with great genetics and I thank my parents for that. So coming into a show I up my meals from anywhere from 8 to 14 meals per day, thats including shakes.

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 11:14:59 PM »
I'm also interested in hearing how a natural competitor gains muscle/loses fat going into a show and also why get smaller after the show?

Let me ask you this a key ingridient to gain muscle is what? Protein right, Now at my bodyweight of 200lbs then to add muscle I multiply by 1.5 to 2 grams per pound correct now, I drop my carbs from I say 500 per day to 200 to 100 grams per day splitting my meals up between 10 to 14 meals per day so my metabolism will stay consistently high. My fat drops along with carbs having very minimal amounts of fat only fats that I will get for energy are from omega 3 fats, fish oils. So that will with the added protein my muscles increase while my bodyfat drops. I have 3 competitors that I train that have tried it this was after giving up on the traditional method gaingin weight and losing it.

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 11:22:48 PM »
Thank you very much for the compliment Here are some of my stats:

1. I'm 5'10"

2. Precontest supps - whey protein, casein protein, thermogenic, creatine, glutamine, mulitvitamin, testosterone booster(otc), If you need the know the brand just let me know, I'm open to any question.

3. I have been debating and thinking about this question alot and asking myself would. Taking a IFBB Pro card will help my personal training business tremenduosly but at the same time I love my little 5 year old girl that means the world to me and would do anything for, At the same time I have my age to consider, So as of right now I can say NO I would stay natural. Can I compete on a IFBB Pro stage, Yes, Can I place naturally NO, Will things change, yes they can. Hope that helps
#3 was a very sincere and truthful answer.  Props on that

How much cardio do you do during the offseason?

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 11:55:11 PM »
#3 was a very sincere and truthful answer.  Props on that

How much cardio do you do during the offseason?

I dont do any cardio in the offseason, My cardio as you can say is playing in a very competitive flag football league on the weekends down here in san diego sometimes in tourny's in the US.Actually I just started doing cardio for the Team Universe in Sept. 20 Min in the AM then 20 at night Iam trying to hold on to as much size as I can and keep bringing up those lagging bodyparts

Jeffro

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2008, 11:59:21 PM »
I dont do any cardio in the offseason, My cardio as you can say is playing in a very competitive flag football league on the weekends down here in san diego sometimes in tourny's in the US.Actually I just started doing cardio for the Team Universe in Sept. 20 Min in the AM then 20 at night Iam trying to hold on to as much size as I can and keep bringing up those lagging bodyparts
Which bodyparts do you think you need to improve on?

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2008, 12:06:19 AM »
Which bodyparts do you think you need to improve on?

Shyt my back and chest. I have trained with and neen trained with some of th best. My back is one of those bodyparts that is just taking its own sweet ass time to grow. I need width in my back and thickness

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2008, 08:26:39 AM »
What brands do you use for the supps you just listed? You look awesome btw! Hope you stick around!
Team Willet
Max-OT

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2008, 08:40:08 AM »
What brands do you use for the supps you just listed? You look awesome btw! Hope you stick around!

Precontest supps - whey protein, casein protein, thermogenic, creatine, glutamine, mulitvitamin, testosterone booster(otc)

well you asked for it, pen and paper ready. jk. OK for protein I use Isolyze by speciesnutrition, casein protein syntha 6 by bsn, thermogenic hot rox extreme, creatine size on gaspari, glutamine a no name brand, multivitamin from costco or sams club, testosterone booster testosolyze by speciesnutrition, waxy maize by species it's called carbolyze and nano vapor by muscletech I switch back and forth from no explode to nano.

Thank you for the compliment!!!!

jianjohn24

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2008, 10:52:10 AM »
Thanks for the speedy reply! Nano Vapor gets me pretty amped for the gym too. The No-Xplode rips up my stomach however. What's your ethnicity, japanese and? I noticed you don't supplement with BCAA's. Is there a reason for that?
Team Willet
Max-OT

regmac

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2008, 11:27:35 AM »
Congradulations   we were in the Cal  in 2005!!!!
((-::

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2008, 12:50:25 PM »
Thanks for the speedy reply! Nano Vapor gets me pretty amped for the gym too. The No-Xplode rips up my stomach however. What's your ethnicity, japanese and? I noticed you don't supplement with BCAA's. Is there a reason for that?

I am careful when I take nano that shyt gets me a little to amped i get dizzy if I take to much. I am half japanese, 1/4 african american, 1/4 native american (cherokee) pretty good make up.

I use to take BCAA back in the day but this is when I was eating 4 to 6 times per day. Now that I increased my meals and I get alot of nutritients that i need from food plus i supplement with glutamine I really dont need them

KiyoshiMoody

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2008, 12:51:12 PM »
Congradulations   we were in the Cal  in 2005!!!!

? in the CAl, u talking about the ABA?

Obvious Gimmick

• Getbig V
  • I'd hit it
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2008, 07:35:47 PM »
looking sick K: So nice to have guys like you here.

your legs are amazing!!!! Give me a quick overview of your training schedule. nothing specific. just how many sets / reps for each body part.

thanks man

phemonmmill32

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2008, 10:09:00 PM »
Congratulations on your success and hope more comes your way. I also am very active with flag football, co-ed softball, and soon to be a volleyball league.  I, like yourself, also have a passion for training.  Do you find that playing in a competitive flag football league hinders some of your muscular development?

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #24 on: July 25, 2008, 07:29:31 AM »
Welcome buddy.  I remember reading a profile on you in a past FLEX mag I beleive.  Where do you lift in SD?  World's in PB?