Author Topic: top bodybuilding salaries  (Read 4598 times)

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: top bodybuilding salaries
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2008, 03:51:05 PM »
My guess that of the guys competing today, Ronnie and Jay are making more than 1mil profit per annum. Wolf will shortly also get there.

Below that, I would guess that most guys of the top 30 guys are making 100-250K profit purely form their sport, sponsorships, prize money etc.

Moosejay

« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2008, 03:55:42 PM »
My guess that of the guys competing today, Ronnie and Jay are making more than 1mil profit per annum. Wolf will shortly also get there.

Below that, I would guess that most guys of the top 30 guys are making 100-250K profit purely form their sport, sponsorships, prize money etc.

Cutler, yes, Ronnie, a bit less now.

Profit? Maybe not after taxes, which would be profit.

The other guys???

No way...noty close for most

IronMagazine.com

• Getbig IV
  • IronMag Bodybuilding Blog Online Since 2001
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2008, 04:34:06 PM »
if the show THE HILLS on mtv or some other bullcrap reality show can prosper..why cant bodybuilding?.....are the top men in the business not trying hard enough? do they lack marketing skills?..why dosent muscle tech or brands advertise on tv, signs , busess......is the reason why bodybuilding is such a low key sport because of the lack of knowledge on how to expand?....i know the olympia can draw some ratings on cable tv is marketed and proposed right?....discuzz

very simple...because about .01% of the population cares about it.  :-\

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2008, 07:49:09 PM »

Where exactly do you think Ronnie is getting streams of revenue from?

BBers dont get "salaries"

THey get $$ From endorsements, guest posing, "private posing sessions" and contest winnings.

When was the last show ROnnie did?
When was the last guest posing he did?
Is he still with BSN?

If you think for 1 second Ronnie is currently earning anywhere near 1 mil anually then you are out of your mind.

Hell Chick doesnt even earn 6 figures and he is the "face" of BBing.com

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2008, 09:47:18 PM »
Where exactly do you think Ronnie is getting streams of revenue from?

BBers dont get "salaries"

THey get $$ From endorsements, guest posing, "private posing sessions" and contest winnings.

When was the last show ROnnie did?
When was the last guest posing he did?
Is he still with BSN?

If you think for 1 second Ronnie is currently earning anywhere near 1 mil anually then you are out of your mind.

Hell Chick doesnt even earn 6 figures and he is the "face" of BBing.com

Let add something additional to this...based another GetUnreal user.  If the top 30 were netting 6 figs...then Chick wouldnt have to get group health.  They could afford BC/BS ($150 mthly or so in CO), Aetna, Cigna or another private policy eventhough grp saves them hundreds. 

Melvin is like top 10 and just stop doing nails recently.  King would be eating his neighbor's grass if it wasnt for Barbara.  After Ron, Jay, Phil, Wolf, Victor, Gunther and Dex...who is really earning a solid living on the men's side?  If I was a sponsor...they'd all be broke b/c I'd be putting my money on the women.  Dina and DJ wouldnt have to work again in this life.     
Oh...Monica!

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: July 25, 2008, 01:59:25 AM »
Let add something additional to this...based another GetUnreal user.  If the top 30 were netting 6 figs...then Chick wouldnt have to get group health.  They could afford BC/BS ($150 mthly or so in CO), Aetna, Cigna or another private policy eventhough grp saves them hundreds. 

Melvin is like top 10 and just stop doing nails recently.  King would be eating his neighbor's grass if it wasnt for Barbara.  After Ron, Jay, Phil, Wolf, Victor, Gunther and Dex...who is really earning a solid living on the men's side?  If I was a sponsor...they'd all be broke b/c I'd be putting my money on the women.  Dina and DJ wouldnt have to work again in this life.     

The only other guys I can think of are Gustavo, Branch and Toney. Branch and Toney are smart though because they are taking their money and opening businesses so they will be set up pretty well when they quit.

On a side note I watched this MDtv video of an interview with the kid that just won the Teenage nationals and he said he's not going to college because he is planning on becoming a pro bodybuilder. So he's just working at a supplement store and training. lol. Someone needs to fucking slap that kid. 

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #31 on: July 25, 2008, 02:03:50 AM »
The only other guys I can think of are Gustavo, Branch and Toney. Branch and Toney are smart though because they are taking their money and opening businesses so they will be set up pretty well when they quit.

On a side note I watched this MDtv video of an interview with the kid that just won the Teenage nationals and he said he's not going to college because he is planning on becoming a pro bodybuilder. So he's just working at a supplement store and training. lol. Someone needs to fucking slap that kid. 

I forgot about Branch. He would actually be earning quite a healthy sum each year. He has a muscletech contract that would pay well, contest/guest posings, owns a very nice gym and is a personal trainer there and also owns a freight/logistics company. He said every sent he earns from bb'ing goes straight into the bank. Branch is doing very well. Smart guy.
No doubt about it...

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #32 on: July 25, 2008, 02:04:49 AM »

Candidizzle?
HAHA, RON.....

Nordic Beast

• Getbig V
  • Old World Values
« Reply #33 on: July 25, 2008, 02:25:45 AM »

haha post teh link

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2008, 04:02:55 AM »
I forgot about Branch. He would actually be earning quite a healthy sum each year. He has a muscletech contract that would pay well, contest/guest posings, owns a very nice gym and is a personal trainer there and also owns a freight/logistics company. He said every sent he earns from bb'ing goes straight into the bank. Branch is doing very well. Smart guy.

Yeah i guess he has never spent a dime of his money he gets from Muscletech. I just hope the guy doesn't have any health problems by the time he quits bb.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2008, 04:13:21 AM »
Yeah i guess he has never spent a dime of his money he gets from Muscletech. I just hope the guy doesn't have any health problems by the time he quits bb.

Yeah i hope so.

Up until about a year ago i did not like Branch at all. I'd only ever seen footage of him in the gym and thought he seemed like a wanker. Then i saw the video MD did on him (pretty recently i think) and i was really impressed. Smart and hardworking guy. One of my favourites now.
No doubt about it...

mogulgangi

• Getbig IV
  • fitness celebrity
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2008, 07:05:28 AM »
Yeah i hope so.

Up until about a year ago i did not like Branch at all. I'd only ever seen footage of him in the gym and thought he seemed like a wanker. Then i saw the video MD did on him (pretty recently i think) and i was really impressed. Smart and hardworking guy. One of my favourites now.

Bob chic drives an escalade....he was showing it off on the boards at Flexonline....he dosent ever compete....makes more money than the athletes...kinda weird!!!