Author Topic: Columbia Student rapist that tortured girl for 19 hours gets 422 years in prison  (Read 11457 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Yeah the guy that raped, tortured, forced her to gouge her eyes out, forced her to swallow liquid cleaners, and then burned her, gets 422 years.

He should get death. And the lawyer should as well, just for trying to plead for his client.

Ex-con Robert Williams gets life in prison for Columbia student torture
By BARBARA ROSS and BILL HUTCHINSON
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITERS

Thursday, July 24th 2008, 5:51 PM

Calling the sex-torture of a Columbia student an "extraordinary evil," an angry judge sent the sadistic rapist to jail for 422 years on Thursday - and said he deserved even more.

"The defendant by his own conduct has forfeited his right to liberty or to the hope of liberty," Manhattan Supreme Court Justice Carol Berkman said of sex monster Robert Williams.

"Although (he) has clearly and unequivocally demonstrated his disdain for the legal process, we who are a part of it are bound to follow the rules."

The remorseless rapist, who had to be forcibly dragged into court, showed no emotion, sitting shackled at the defense table, his hands draped in protective mitts to prevent him from scratching anyone.

"It is safe to say that the person who is before you today is a brutal, sadistic monster," prosecutor Ann Prunty said of Williams, a 31-year-old ex-con.

The victim didn't attend the sentencing, but wrote the judge a letter pleading for the maximum punishment.

"All I ask is that he be given a sentence appropriate for the crime ..., one that ensures he'll never be free to hurt anyone again," the victim wrote.

Berkman was clearly moved.

"Every decent person who witnessed [the victim's] testimony in this courtroom was impressed by her bravery, her intelligence and her extraordinary grace in the face of the horror that this defendant inflicted upon her," the judge said.

A jury of eight men and four women convicted Williams in June on 44 counts of attempted murder, kidnapping, arson, rape, sodomy and burglary.

During the trial the 23-year-old victim testified that she feared she would not survive the nightmarish April 13, 2007 assault in her Hamilton Heights studio apartment.

She described how Williams followed her from the elevator to her apartment door, forcing his way inside and repeatedly raping her.

"I thought after he took all my stuff, I thought he would leave," she testified.

"When he started raping me again, I was sure I was going to die," she continued.

Over 19 hours, Williams tortured the victim as she pleaded for her life. He blinded her with bleach, scalded her with boiling water, sealed her lips with crazy glue, made her cut off her own hair - and demanded she gouge out her eyes before slicing her eyelids.

He capped his fiendish crime by setting her ablaze while she lay bound to a futon frame.

"If Robert Williams is free to walk the streets, someone is going to die," said Prunty, imploring Berkman to lock him up and throw away the key.

Berkman said that if Williams ever comes up for parole, "the parole board should be aware that this is an extremely dangerous man, who has no regard for the safety or welfare of others or for any legal rule."

Defense lawyer Arnold Levine argued that Williams was "psychotic" and pleaded with the judge for mercy.

"Nothing I can say mitigates the crime," Levine said. "Give him some hope of someday getting out. To do that is the humane thing to do."

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
Good.

Agreed. Should get death though...
No doubt about it...

Dreadlord

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Death is too easy - let him rot in prison with the rest of his brethren.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...

True. Would be good if they could torture him...
No doubt about it...

Method101

• Getbig V
so the girl is blind now?  :-\
i can't imagine anything worse than being blind..
they should blind that vermin and send him back to the jungle

youandme

• Getbig V
so the girl is blind now?  :-\
i can't imagine anything worse than being blind..
they should blind that vermin and send him back to the jungle

She was able to have a couple of surgeries, and repair her eyelids. She had severe liver problems for awhile since he made her drink a clorox like substance and take a bottle of OTC pain medicine.

The defense attorney plans to appeal  ::)

The.Giant

• Getbig IV

for sure. He'll probably die in prison with a broomstick shoved up his ass, then into his eyes.
It's Hip to be Square!

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III

exactly. . . prison is too easy for guys like this. torture the fuck out of him till he dies.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
exactly. . . prison is too easy for guys like this. torture the fuck out of him till he dies.
a black fucking idiot..

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III

spinnis

without even reading this.
Im gonna guess a black man did it.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
without even reading this.
Im gonna guess a black man did it.

ding ding ding

we have a winner!!
No doubt about it...

spinnis

ding ding ding

we have a winner!!

wow!!

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
Most serial killers are white or latino, mostly white.  In fact most child rapists are also white, FYI.

spinnis

Most serial killers are white or latino, mostly white.  In fact most child rapists are also white, FYI.

you fucking racist.

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter

but ALL blacks are criminals.
Deep Tissue Massage

spinnis

but ALL blacks are criminals.

hahahahahahahaha

BOOM

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
His a Black C.unt, if that's a racist statement then so be it, he is black, and he is a C.unt.

so its not officially a racist quote

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
His a Black C.unt, if that's a racist statement then so be it, he is black, and he is a C.unt.

so its not officially a racist quote
Right  ::)

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
Right  ::)
ok fuck it, it is racist, but its ok in this situation.

affeman

• Getbig V
  • Rusty Trombone looks like an abortion in a thong
I bet he'll be released for good behavior in less than 190 years. :-\

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V

Yeah have to say this is a good idea.  See how the dude likes spending the rest of his life in a 5x7 cell.

Women need to be able to protect themselves from animals like this.  Im a bit of a gun control advocate but women for sure should be able to carry guns.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
one question.
How many rapists/pedophile actually die in jail?

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
one question.
How many rapists/pedophile actually die in jail?

rape happens in jail. richard speck, the rapist murderer evolved in prison to become a transexual morphine addict.

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
422 years in prison is much worse than Death.

Death would be a gift.
Q