Author Topic: What vitamins and minerals do you take daily????  (Read 2938 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
What vitamins and minerals do you take daily????
« on: July 26, 2008, 08:26:23 AM »
curious about what you guys take on a daily basis, besides what i get from fruit and other foods etc. i take 500mg. Vitamin C, 200 IU Vitamin E, 30mg. Zinc, 400mg. Magnesium and 2-3 grams Fish oil, how about you guys?

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: What vitamins and minerals do you take daily????
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2008, 08:56:14 AM »
just centrum now. mega mens multi is too expensive.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2008, 09:18:49 AM »
i take maybe 20-30 g fish oil everyday. i go through a bottle about every week.

as for vitamins and minerals... i take zinc and magnesium everyday. i take calcium sometimes.  when i have it, i mega dose vit c at about 5 grams per day.  i take capsulated greens pills with most meals.  and i eat veggies, at least a little bit, at almost every meal as well.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »
what have you noticed with the mega dose of fish oil?

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2008, 09:25:34 AM »
main thing is how it effects body fat storeage, and body fat recudtion. if i eat around maintanence, i slowly get leaner. if i eat below maintanence, the fat MELTS. if i eat way above maintanece, i dont get fat  :D.

but i also think it helps me grow a little bit faster as well. as least, it seems that way.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2008, 09:27:28 AM »
intersting, that is a huge amount of fish oil, never heard of someone taking that amount, seems like it would be cost prohibitive for a lot of people.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2008, 09:28:36 AM »
charles poliquin recommends doing mega doses of fish oil. he actually has some people go as high as 50 + grams a day.  he has a lot of good success stories working with athletes of all kinds using this method. thats why i origianally tried it.

dustin

« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2008, 09:38:43 AM »
I tried mega dosing fish oil and thought I noticed stuff but when I stopped cold turkey, I felt the same. Guess everything else was just in order. There was a study a while back about too much fish oil actually being counter productive. So I just take a cap or two each day and eat some fish whenever my gf makes fish soup, or if my parents make halibut or swordfish.

I'm taking r-ala, nac, a multi and just the basics I suppose. Pin some b12 while on cycle and that's about it for vitamins. Used to take tons but I feel that my diet is pretty on point. Just need the basics to fill in the gaps. I take more antioxidants and cissus quandrangularis when my immune system feels compromised or when I start getting sore joints.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 09:40:55 AM »
its possible that you might be too  healthy and too lean and too sensitive to insulin already. i could see high dose fish oil maybe being useless then.

i could never do b12 injection !! oh man, even on anadrol and ephedrine i want to  eat way too much food !  god knows i dont eed b12 !  :D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 09:41:25 AM »
i'm a big believer in anti oxidants too.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 09:57:04 AM »
Multi-4
Fish Oil-4
B-Complex-2
Coq10 100mg-1
MSM-2
E-1
Zinc-1 or 2
Pomegranate-1
I am a big baby

dustin

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 02:42:08 PM »
its possible that you might be too  healthy and too lean and too sensitive to insulin already. i could see high dose fish oil maybe being useless then.

i could never do b12 injection !! oh man, even on anadrol and ephedrine i want to  eat way too much food !  god knows i dont eed b12 !  :D

Well I tried it with hopes that it'd increase my appetite and I felt nothing. I bombed a gram and a half of EQ e/w, which I now think was fake, but still nothing. Wasn't taking any orals, was getting plenty of rest, and I probably have the best ganja that anyone on here has every smoked in their life (not trying to brag, but I'm being 100% honest) and still nothing spectacular. I was really discouraged.

My appetite is back to normal right now and I'm on no anabolics, only smoking marijuana when I get a migraine... gonna go pick up some b12 though. Usually save it for when my skin is breaking out though. When I start lean bulking I'll see how it goes by itself. Too many variables and out-of-whack hormones to know what the fuck was going on last time around. I'm happy to be cutting/recomping. :)

trainer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 07:22:04 AM »
i take at least 4000 mg of c a day, u guys say fish oil? is that the same as omega 3. i take carlson super omega 3, how much do i need, and when is the best time to take fishoils, or for that matter any vitamins? can u buy b12 at stores? the smoke i get rocks also, what state u in? what about milkthisel, do u need it. thanks guys and girls,

trainer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 07:30:44 AM »
oh ya , does the fishoil have to be in refrige? or a cool temp in condo good. plus no one said anything about gluti.? what your thoughts on jay robb protein, i like it, but its alot of cash. but i do think it one of best protein.

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 08:04:26 AM »
fish oil is epa dha omega 3, yes. yes its best refridgerated. no, you dont need milkthistle.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 08:49:27 AM »
oh ya , does the fishoil have to be in refrige? or a cool temp in condo good. plus no one said anything about gluti.? what your thoughts on jay robb protein, i like it, but its alot of cash. but i do think it one of best protein.

A cool dark place would be fine.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 08:51:03 AM »
10-15 grams of fish oil.
1 multi-vitamin
1 multi-mineral
1000-2000mg of vitamin C
1 1ml B12 shot a week

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 09:20:58 AM »
10-15 grams of fish oil.
1 multi-vitamin
1 multi-mineral
1000-2000mg of vitamin C
1 1ml B12 shot a week
what have you noticed from that amount of fish oil?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 09:45:18 AM »
what have you noticed from that amount of fish oil?

Less joint pain & oddly enough a decrease in migraines.

dustin

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 02:01:35 PM »
Less joint pain & oddly enough a decrease in migraines.

Sometimes too much n-6 can cause headaches. I used to get them whenever I'd eat a steak as a child. But now I can take supplements like X-Factor and mow a steak or two each day without trouble, even when I'm not taking any fish oils.

I'm almost out of fish oils and I'm thinking of trying krill oil. It's supposed to be a much better source of EPA/DHA. Any of y'all nuckas try it before? Don't think it's important enough to start a new thread over... just wondering.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 03:29:50 PM »
I take about 20 grams of fish oil per day
500 mg of magnesium before i go to bed
50mg zince with my first meal
1 gram of vitamin C after workout

Thats it! :)

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 03:33:59 PM »
I take about 20 grams of fish oil per day
500 mg of magnesium before i go to bed
50mg zince with my first meal
1 gram of vitamin C after workout

Thats it! :)
i saw study once that showed vitamin c blunts stress adpation to exercise. so, like fish oil, i keep it away from post workout.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 03:36:38 PM »
i saw study once that showed vitamin c blunts stress adpation to exercise. so, like fish oil, i keep it away from post workout.

I once saw a study that said your study was wrong, so i keep it in my pwo formula :)

haha actually i use it pwo because it lowers cortisol

suckmymuscle

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2008, 03:19:07 PM »
curious about what you guys take on a daily basis, besides what i get from fruit and other foods etc. i take 500mg. Vitamin C, 200 IU Vitamin E, 30mg. Zinc, 400mg. Magnesium and 2-3 grams Fish oil, how about you guys?

I take 2,000 miligrams of C in sustained-release mode - taking the regular is a waste of money because you'll piss it all out in a couple of hours - and 400 I.U of E. That's it. I don't take any other supplements. Go read Linus Pauling on why you should do this and don't be a noob. He is a Nobelist in chemistry and much smarter than all the people writing about nutrition in bodybuilding mage and nutrition journals.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2008, 05:23:59 PM »
Multi
B-6
B -12
ZMA
Fish Oil