Author Topic: I always looked at a guy Like Brett Favre as a man of honor....  (Read 7572 times)

Moosejay

...a warrior, etc.

Given his recent acts, anyone here think differently?

I do.

I think he thinks it's "All about him..."

and he  really doesn't care about the Packers or his family at all.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: I always looked at a guy Like Brett Favre as a man of honor....
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 08:30:18 AM »
He can't let go
$

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 08:32:51 AM »
A man of honor because he's exceptional at running in circles and throwing a football?    Epic standards you have.

Moosejay

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 08:34:34 AM »
A man of honor because he's exceptional at running in circles and throwing a football?    Epic standards you have.

Think a bit deeper, if you can, "epic" man.

Honor in his decision making processes, and how they effect so very many other people.

Everyone has value in what they do...

from the 'Shit shovelor from Sheboygan'

To the cancer researcher.

Grow up, junior.

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 08:35:29 AM »

No, he's a good leader.  Big difference.  Mike Vick great at running in circles throwing the ball.  Brett does that and is a leader and spokesperson for the league.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 08:36:14 AM »
...a warrior, etc.

Given his recent acts, anyone here think differently?

I do.

I think he thinks it's "All about him..."

and he  really doesn't care about the Packers or his family at all.

I agree with you in a way, Barry Sanders fucked us right before training camp years back. Different situation, but I lost respect for him as well.
E

nicky.smth

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Hugo Chavez looks like hugo chavez
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2008, 08:37:03 AM »
I think he retired cause he was mad that the packers didn't get him more weapons, so he retired...

Toughest son of a bitch to play the game..Never missed a game at the QB poistion..

Moosejay

« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:10 AM »
No, he's a good leader.  Big difference.  Mike Vick great at running in circles throwing the ball.  Brett does that and is a leader and spokesperson for the league.

Agreed, I just hope he makes the best decision for all and to protect his legacy

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 08:38:50 AM »
Agreed, I just hope he makes the best decision for all and to protect his legacy

I think he's going to the Bucs.

Moosejay

« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:02 AM »
I agree with you in a way, Barry Sanders fucked us right before training camp years back. Different situation, but I lost respect for him as well.

Wasn't that more bc he was tired the team would not erect a winning team/ better players around him?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2008, 08:39:50 AM »
what i don't understand is why Green Bay won't give him a chance after the great year he had last year.

Moosejay

« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2008, 08:40:03 AM »
I think he retired cause he was mad that the packers didn't get him more weapons, so he retired...

Toughest son of a bitch to play the game..Never missed a game at the QB poistion..

Mmmmm...Ida know....they were good....made the NFC champ game and almost won it...he may be using that as a smoke screen

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2008, 08:40:51 AM »

Fuck I loved that dude.  My favorite running back to watch play, and I'm a Cowboys fan that had Emmitt.

Moosejay

« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2008, 08:40:57 AM »
I think he's going to the Bucs.

Sounds like the Jets are heavy for him, as well....that could be the breeding ground of tragedy for poor old Brett if he chooses gang green

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 08:43:07 AM »

Sounds like the Jets are heavy for him, as well....that could be the breeding ground of tragedy for poor old Brett if he chooses gang green

You from Wisc?

Moosejay

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 08:43:16 AM »
what i don't understand is why Green Bay won't give him a chance after the great year he had last year.

Hate to say it, but its like a team taking Barry Bonds on.

I laughed recently bc they said Bonds may go to the Yanks.

His frowning, miserable premadonna show would never, ever float with the players and the NY media. He'd be too much the distraction and be run out of there.

Favre may become just that in GB now, unfortuately. A distraction they don't want.

Moosejay

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 08:43:53 AM »
You from Wisc?

No, spent Summers there while in College in Illinois.

I am from CT and live here now

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 08:44:19 AM »

Great regular season player. Hasn't done anything but hurt the Packers in the playoffs in the last five years.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 08:44:42 AM »
4155 yards, 28 TD's and a 95.7 QB rating for 2007, i'd say that combined with his legendary standing in the game earns him another year with the Packers.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 08:45:55 AM »
Brett Farve is a great spokesperson for the league because he's a white, older, All American type guy and a lot of fans can relate to him.  I don't see how he's a good speaker.  Well when you compare him to most other pro athletes who speak ebonics, sure.

Zach Trowbridge

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2008, 08:46:10 AM »

Because he's an asshat who can't make up his mind, and they don't want to put up with him wanting to play football this Tuesday, but not next Friday.

Moosejay

« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2008, 08:47:40 AM »
4155 yards, 28 TD's and a 95.7 QB rating for 2007, i'd say that combined with his legendary standing in the game earns him another year with the Packers.

Yes, and gives VERY bad bogue to the next guy, Aaron Rodgers...so they may be sacrificing their future for one more questionable year with BF

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2008, 08:48:37 AM »

True.  But I think the management was upset that he choked in that game against the Giants in the playoffs.

Rogers is good man, he came in for two quarters against my Cowboys last year and lit them up.  I'm 50/50 on this.  Bret is awesome but Rogers is the future.

Moosejay

« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2008, 08:50:04 AM »
Because he's an asshat who can't make up his mind, and they don't want to put up with him wanting to play football this Tuesday, but not next Friday.

Don't be surprised if you 'somehow' hear that he is, again, addicted to painkiller drugs.

You'd be surprised how these rumors are seeded to dissuade certain folks from making moves the powers that be prefer they not make

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2008, 08:50:38 AM »
Favre's an asshole. He paralyzes the team every offseason with this shit. "Is he going to retire, is he not" It's pretty selfish to keep jerking an entire organization around like that year after year. Man up, make a decision and stick with it. He should have some respect for his teammates and stop trying to shit all over their season every year by doing this.