Author Topic: I always looked at a guy Like Brett Favre as a man of honor....  (Read 7568 times)

Moosejay

Re: I always looked at a guy Like Brett Favre as a man of honor....
« Reply #75 on: July 28, 2008, 05:25:47 AM »
Are the rumors true that Favre never did kick his pain killer addiction and that the NFL just swept it under the rug and protected him? It would make sence that his behavior is so up and down...Some have even stated that he hates practice and would always show up high...You wonder how full of drugs he was when he fcked up his shoulder last year but still played...Some people have stated that the guy couldn't even form a sentence...The guy did have some serious natural talent to play the game of football...I will give him that...

The say Brady and Manning actually love to practice...They are usually the first there and the first to leave...These two guys have a true love for the game and will be coach material after there playing days are over...Brett Favre will be looking back at his career for the rest of his life and maybe some pregame show will hire him for min/talking advice...While Brady and Manning will go on to win at what ever else they decide to do...

I could see far winding up like Marino with a hidden coke addiction taking jabs from nobodies about throwing interceptions and losing big games...Its hard to take a grown man serious while he is wearing a pair of wranglers...Look at Dale Jr.  The guy is half retarded...

It could be very lkikely that bthis is spin and he is still a pill popper

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #76 on: July 28, 2008, 06:33:07 AM »
yeah, he can go back to the pack and get his $18 mil or whatever.  he'll be the #2 QB and get his paycheck.

The pack fans would go absolutely apeshit if they started 0-3 while dickhead Erin [sic] Rodgers throwing 3 picks a week while a freshly rested HOFer who had one of his best seasons last year, sits on the bench.

Dude, Favre is "Mr. Interception". Im almost positive that he has the thrown the most career interceptions ever. He is the undisputed interception champion of the world.

Ive seen Rogers play once. And he kicked ass. He replaced Favre after Favre was getting absolutely chewed up and spit out by the Cowboys defense on (national TV) during a monday night game last season.

Moosejay

« Reply #77 on: July 28, 2008, 09:50:25 AM »
I would too... Only a dumbass owner would let that much salary sit on the sidelines and call in plays or whatever.

Can you imagine how stupid that is?

Think of how many really good players you can get for 12 million a year.

Insanity.

Not so dumb.

Some owners truly doi not care about winning.

Some want to teach lessons.

A couple of years ago, Dan Snyder was fed up with his three top receivers.

2 were #1 choices, another nearly so.

They had about 20 catches btw the three, and it was week 5 or so.

They started the 'primadonna' shit with him.

Snyder said (To paraphrase)

"Okay. I know you guys think you are the shit, and that you have my tits in the wringer.

But, you do not.

What I will do is, I will put hard work first, honrr second, and winning third.

If you guys are not gonna try, I will bench you all, for the rest of the year.

I don't think we will do much worse, given your production. And your trade value will be irreparably diminished."

Don't know the outcome, but Snyder did man the fuck up to those fucking gang bangers.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #78 on: July 28, 2008, 10:09:56 AM »
Not so dumb.

Some owners truly doi not care about winning.

Some want to teach lessons.

A couple of years ago, Dan Snyder was fed up with his three top receivers.

2 were #1 choices, another nearly so.

They had about 20 catches btw the three, and it was week 5 or so.

They started the 'primadonna' shit with him.

Snyder said (To paraphrase)

"Okay. I know you guys think you are the shit, and that you have my tits in the wringer.

But, you do not.

What I will do is, I will put hard work first, honrr second, and winning third.

If you guys are not gonna try, I will bench you all, for the rest of the year.

I don't think we will do much worse, given your production. And your trade value will be irreparably diminished."

Don't know the outcome, but Snyder did man the fuck up to those fucking gang bangers.

Well, what I DO know is that The Redskins have been one of the worst teams in the league since around 2000 or so.

Don't know if it ended up being that much of a statement.

Moosejay

« Reply #79 on: July 28, 2008, 10:15:46 AM »

Well, what I DO know is that The Redskins have been one of the worst teams in the league since around 2000 or so.

Don't know if it ended up being that much of a statement.

True.

The Snyder's are known for their spending and similar largesse....but thye will not be disrespected by players. they feel they must know their place, I guess.

And, since profit sharing, its likely true some owners, given guaranteed big profits even if on the coattails of better clubs, don't care if they are 1-15

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: July 28, 2008, 10:21:06 AM »
Dude, Favre is "Mr. Interception". I'm almost positive that he has the thrown the most career interceptions ever. He is the undisputed interception champion of the world.

Ive seen Rogers play once. And he kicked ass. He replaced Favre after Favre was getting absolutely chewed up and spit out by the Cowboys defense on (national TV) during a Monday night game last season.

Bro, you are an idiot.  Brett threw alot of interceptions because he has played every game and almost every play in every regular season game for the past 16 years!  It is bound to add up.  You forgot he has three MVP's and also a super bowl ring.  You know nothing about football go back to watching soccer you fruit!

Moosejay, Brett has done so much for the team and the community of Green Bay.  As a former resident it is amazing to see how much he gave to the community, time and money.  Why dont you put your posing trunks up for sale and donate the money.....oh ya thats right you are nobody so no one cares or would buy them.  You have done nothing for society except pay taxes.  Still a pill popper?  Only he would know that.

Hate some more and looking at your post count spend more time posting, since obviously you both dont have anything else better to do.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #81 on: July 28, 2008, 01:32:57 PM »
Bro, you are an idiot.  Brett threw alot of interceptions because he has played every game and almost every play in every regular season game for the past 16 years!  It is bound to add up.  You forgot he has three MVP's and also a super bowl ring.  You know nothing about football go back to watching soccer you fruit!

Moosejay, Brett has done so much for the team and the community of Green Bay.  As a former resident it is amazing to see how much he gave to the community, time and money.  Why dont you put your posing trunks up for sale and donate the money.....oh ya thats right you are nobody so no one cares or would buy them.  You have done nothing for society except pay taxes.  Still a pill popper?  Only he would know that.

Hate some more and looking at your post count spend more time posting, since obviously you both dont have anything else better to do.

as far as post count, Ive been posting since 2003 (3 posts a day)

anyway Guys like Peyton And Tom Brady dont have Farves aweful interception tendencies. Cant argue with the stats.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #82 on: July 28, 2008, 03:24:29 PM »

It is true that Brett Favre holds the record for INTs... He also holds the record for games started and for Touchdowns in a career. It seems that those numbers (even with the INTs), in my opinion of course, make Favre a top 10 QB of all time.

A lot of guys have thrown a lot of picks, but haven't thrown the yards, TDs, or come close to winning a superbowl.

body88

« Reply #83 on: July 28, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »
4155 yards, 28 TD's and a 95.7 QB rating for 2007, i'd say that combined with his legendary standing in the game earns him another year with the Packers.

Right, but he retired, and the packers changed the entire offensive scheme..... He has done this many times, eventually the packers have to say enough. In the playoffs, Farve has screwed the packers over the last five years, and done nothing but hurt them. Look how he played last year vs Dallas. What he is doing, is holding the packers hostage, and playing by his rules.

He should have committed to play another season when the pack approached him, but he pulled a Farve.

Farve has been getting his balls licked by the media since day one....they ignored his drug addiction, ignored the fact he holds the packers hostage, and have ignored the fact that he has screwed up in every big playoff game in recent memory....they can only take so much!

body88

« Reply #84 on: July 28, 2008, 03:41:38 PM »

Your wrong.... All you have to do is compare season by season his td to int ratio.....it's high, its always been high and anyone who is an NFL historian would agree, that Brett is a great player, BUT he is slightly overrated. Career totals don't mean shit, look at a bunch of his NFL seasons. I am not saying he is not a great player, but to be the greatest of all time, your td / int ratio should be lower.

body88

« Reply #85 on: July 28, 2008, 03:43:55 PM »
It is true that Brett Favre holds the record for INTs... He also holds the record for games started and for Touchdowns in a career. It seems that those numbers (even with the INTs), in my opinion of course, make Favre a top 10 QB of all time.

A lot of guys have thrown a lot of picks, but haven't thrown the yards, TDs, or come close to winning a superbowl.

He would be number 10, maybe lower if you count early era qb's.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #86 on: July 28, 2008, 03:44:42 PM »
He would be number 10, maybe lower if you count early era qb's.

I have him around 8 or 9 or so.

body88

« Reply #87 on: July 28, 2008, 03:51:54 PM »
I have him around 8 or 9 or so.

Thats fair.... I would talke Montana, Marino,  Brady, Manning, Elway, Kelly, Starr, Unitas, Staubach, Tarkington and Otto G before I took Farve.

The_Punisher

• Getbig V
  • The Unrighteous Shall Pay
« Reply #88 on: July 28, 2008, 06:25:50 PM »
...a warrior, etc.

Given his recent acts, anyone here think differently?

I do.

I think he thinks it's "All about him..."

and he  really doesn't care about the Packers or his family at all.

Fuck Brett favre and his stupid selfish ass. Kudos for Green bay for rejecting this fool. that Biatch just can't make up his fcuking mind on whether he wants to keep playing or retire. I salute green bay packers for putting this fool in his place.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #89 on: July 28, 2008, 06:28:05 PM »
Thats fair.... I would talke Montana, Marino,  Brady, Manning, Elway, Kelly, Starr, Unitas, Staubach, Tarkington and Otto G before I took Farve.

I don't have Otto or Kelly on my top 10.

The others are all there.

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #90 on: July 28, 2008, 09:19:57 PM »
But if Favre is so overrated and all...

Why won't they let him go? Make someone else pay his oversized salary?

body88

« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2008, 09:21:31 PM »
I don't have Otto or Kelly on my top 10.

The others are all there.

Kelly really shouldent be there.....I thought he was a damn good player though.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2008, 09:27:54 PM »
Kelly really shouldent be there.....I thought he was a damn good player though.

True...  He was very very good.

I met him at a company picnic once... my dad worked with his brother or something.

6 degrees they say.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2008, 09:43:59 PM »
My guess is Brett Favre can make up his mind but is just a premadonna...I think he knows every year that he is going to play but just needs the attention...