Author Topic: I always looked at a guy Like Brett Favre as a man of honor....  (Read 7621 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Re: I always looked at a guy Like Brett Favre as a man of honor....
« Reply #50 on: July 27, 2008, 09:22:39 AM »
4155 yards, 28 TD's and a 95.7 QB rating for 2007, i'd say that combined with his legendary standing in the game earns him another year with the Packers.

Just stats, he lost the last game for them with a dumb play. His replacement has been waiting patiently and deserves the shot, plus quite frankly they're tired of him going back and forth unable to make up his mind and yanking the team around as a result. I don't blame them at all.

Moosejay

« Reply #51 on: July 27, 2008, 09:23:48 AM »
Actually Bradshaw and others were as tough or tougher.

The Packers gave him plent of weapons, bottom line he lost their last game himself with another stupid call. He's incredibly hyped, was never the best QB of any era.

#s wise the best

But right, not vest ever

Yes....guys like Bednarik who'd lose their teeth and keep playing and went with leather fucking helmets and no face masks were tougher in my book

Moosejay

« Reply #52 on: July 27, 2008, 09:26:19 AM »
Just stats, he lost the last game for them with a dumb play. His replacement has been waiting patiently and deserves the shot, plus quite frankly they're tired of him going back and forth unable to make up his mind and yanking the team around as a result. I don't blame them at all.

This is the selfish and disrespctful part of it all.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2008, 09:43:49 AM »
It's just hard to let it go sometimes man. MJ you should know this.
a

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: July 27, 2008, 09:47:35 AM »
That play contributed to the loss, what about Al Harris giving up 15 receptions to Plexico Burris?  It's a team loss you idiot not just one play.  The team lost it not just one play. Offensive line was bad, defence was terrible Brett was not on.  It was a team loss.  You know nothing son.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #55 on: July 27, 2008, 10:40:50 AM »
That play contributed to the loss, what about Al Harris giving up 15 receptions to Plexico Burris?  It's a team loss you idiot not just one play.  The team lost it not just one play. Offensive line was bad, defence was terrible Brett was not on.  It was a team loss.  You know nothing son.

Plaxico had a MONSTER game that day. He was all over Harris and Harris could do nothing. The temp was -2 degrees that night. Awesome game.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #56 on: July 27, 2008, 10:43:48 AM »
I agree with you in a way, Barry Sanders fucked us right before training camp years back. Different situation, but I lost respect for him as well.

Agreed.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #57 on: July 27, 2008, 11:12:30 AM »
If the Packers don't want to let him play and start, and have decided to move on with the other guy that's fine, that's their call, but why then won't they release him to play for someone else?  Seems to me the Packers are the ones being dicks here.

maybe they don't want him playing for another team and possibly beating them ::)

E
E

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #58 on: July 27, 2008, 01:25:53 PM »
Wasn't that more bc he was tired the team would not erect a winning team/ better players around him?

Yeah, but he announced his retirement just a few days prior to training camp.
E

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #59 on: July 27, 2008, 01:33:22 PM »
Favre is all about Favre.  :(
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: July 27, 2008, 01:33:42 PM »

ttt

Red Hook

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: July 27, 2008, 01:39:13 PM »

look at it this, the average NFL player has a career of less than 3 years. Their contracts are not guaranteed, and the minute that a player is injured he gets cut by the team.  I don't see anyone screeming about how selfish the owners are.

As a matter of fact the NFL has the worse pension and health plan amongst all major sports. There are countless stories of ex-players with serious medical issues and no money.

yet, the average person calls the players selfish.. :-\
I

Moosejay

« Reply #62 on: July 27, 2008, 02:11:50 PM »
It's just hard to let it go sometimes man. MJ you should know this.

Haha, yes, I do indeed.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #63 on: July 27, 2008, 04:01:19 PM »

Well, then they should start him on their team.   Again, their call, but they can't have it both ways..."we won't play you on the Packers, but you can't play for anyone else either".  ::)

they moved on after he shed tears and said "I have nothing left to give" ::)

you can't quit a job and then decide months later that you want to come back when they already moved forward and replaced you

allowing him to play for another team would be stupid unless they got a 1st round pick

E
E

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #64 on: July 27, 2008, 04:04:37 PM »
...a warrior, etc.

Given his recent acts, anyone here think differently?

I do.

I think he thinks it's "All about him..."

and he  really doesn't care about the Packers or his family at all.

He wants to continue to play without being a backup.

What's wrong with that?  ::)

Tom

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #65 on: July 27, 2008, 04:11:11 PM »
I DON'T KNOW ABOUT FAVRE ANYMORE!!! i mean damn, can't he make up his mind ever! sometimes you have to think more about the team and the community and organization then yourself! you had many moments in the sun, now end it already!

i just think something has to be said about a man who goes on and on about retiring and this is it and changes his mind 3 months later?! huh?! it would be different if he was 25 or 30 and left the game for 2,3,4 years and THEN GOT THE ITCH TO PLAY AGAIN AND WAS STILL YOUNG!  but now at 38 and 3 months later he changes his mind and also the fact is that he's been hedging about retiring for how many years now?

AND SPEAKING ABOUT FAVRE BEING A SHINING EXAMPLE OF A HUMAN BEING UM....
 wasn't it true that not only did he have an "addiction" problem, but back in the day he was a bar hopping, skirt chasing lech! along with his buddy mark chmura and the other teammate that they were VERY WELL KNOWN for their "after hour" shenanigans and were not affectionately called "the three amigos"!

but hey he's a great quarterback for the green bay packers and that team is worshipped in all of wisconsin and he donates money and time to charities, who cares what he does off the field and behind and not so behind closed doors! oh brother!

Bauce Major

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: July 27, 2008, 04:15:28 PM »
favre = most overrated player in nfl history

thank god desmond howard won him that super bowl.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #67 on: July 27, 2008, 04:30:57 PM »

Agreed, but that doesn't mean you can't submit your resume to competitors.

he's under contract

E
E

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #68 on: July 27, 2008, 04:34:25 PM »
Can't fault a guy for wanting to play when he still can.  The guy is a warrior.  The Packers passed up so many good weapons and draft picks and constantly leaned on Favre to win but one person can only do so much.  Not going after Moss was just one in a number of mistakes in the Packers' organization (and that's my team). 

The guy is the toughest in the SOB in the league and they ma end up regretting going with Rodgers who was nothing special in college anyway, hence his draft position.

Plus, we don't know everything going on in the org.
Squishy face retard

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #69 on: July 27, 2008, 04:38:02 PM »

So what's that mean, they still have to pay him even if he's not playing?

i'm not sure, i don't know if he has to be reinstated or not but they own his rights and he can't play for another team unless he is released or traded

E
E

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #70 on: July 27, 2008, 04:44:15 PM »
yeah, he can go back to the pack and get his $18 mil or whatever.  he'll be the #2 QB and get his paycheck.

The pack fans would go absolutely apeshit if they started 0-3 while dickhead Erin [sic] Rodgers throwing 3 picks a week while a freshly rested HOFer who had one of his best seasons last year, sits on the bench.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #71 on: July 27, 2008, 04:44:33 PM »
i'm not sure, i don't know if he has to be reinstated or not but they own his rights and he can't play for another team unless he is released or traded

E

He has to apply for reinstatement, which as far as I know, he hasn't done yet. I think he was supposed to do it Friday but I'm not sure. I think if he gets reinstated, he is still contractually obligated to the Packers.

TechnoViking

• Getbig V
  • Too weird to live, too rare to die...----HST
« Reply #72 on: July 27, 2008, 06:11:56 PM »
Are the rumors true that Favre never did kick his pain killer addiction and that the NFL just swept it under the rug and protected him? It would make sence that his behavior is so up and down...Some have even stated that he hates practice and would always show up high...You wonder how full of drugs he was when he fcked up his shoulder last year but still played...Some people have stated that the guy couldn't even form a sentence...The guy did have some serious natural talent to play the game of football...I will give him that...

They say Brady and Manning actually love to practice...They are usually the first there and the last to leave...These two guys have a true love for the game and will be coach material after there playing days are over...Brett Favre will be looking back at his career for the rest of his life and maybe some pregame show will hire him for min/talking advice...While Brady and Manning will go on to win at what ever else they decide to do...

I could see far winding up like Marino with a hidden coke addiction taking jabs from nobodies about throwing interceptions and losing big games...Its hard to take a grown man serious while he is wearing a pair of wranglers...Look at Dale Jr.  The guy is half retarded...

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2008, 12:22:00 AM »

So what's that mean, they still have to pay him even if he's not playing?

Yes - if he gets back.

In one interwiev BF said that he'd like to check that GB bluff. Making him hold the clipboard with a cap and paying him 12million a year to do so.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #74 on: July 28, 2008, 12:29:37 AM »
Yes - if he gets back.

In one interwiev BF said that he'd like to check that GB bluff. Making him hold the clipboard with a cap and paying him 12million a year to do so.

I would too... Only a dumbass owner would let that much salary sit on the sidelines and call in plays or whatever.

Can you imagine how stupid that is?

Think of how many really good players you can get for 12 million a year.

Insanity.