Author Topic: A Wonderful Person-Lets Open our Hearts  (Read 19664 times)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
Re: A Wonderful Person-Lets Open our Hearts
« Reply #100 on: August 25, 2008, 06:57:30 AM »

But that no longer matters, I now understand most if not all of the background, including the previous history.  It now makes sense that you'd be horrid to me when I previously queried your fan club (and Mike's !!!, that one is even funnier).  I guess I attempted to take up the challenge when you hurled abuse at me and I ended up instead taking the mickey...  In future I'll try always to walk away, hopefully unharmed, when your family goes nasty and plays dirty.

Linda, it's stuff like this that is going to get you banned again.  Please refrain and no one will feel goaded into responding in kind.

R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: August 25, 2008, 08:06:23 AM »
Linda, you need to learn not to take everything posted on here as so personal.  I know it's hard.  Believe me, I was in your spot many times on this board.  If you play into it, you become a bigger victim.  But also know that if you insult on here there will be many that will jump on the opposite bandwagon and slam you back...and there are some very good slammers here, lol. 

No one here "hates" you and we didn't go out to attack you either.  We understand you have a different way of expressing yourself (your long posts/rants) and had explained on several accounts that they came across as ramblings and asked you to make sense or "shorten" the ramblings.  Your writing styles definitely differ from most on here and you know it.  We, the board, joked about it and you retaliated and started with personal attacks on my hair and body, and a lot of backwards compliments. 

I posted my "blow by blow" account of my struggle because I do consider a lot of the members here my friends and they too have their own stories to tell and although you might think they are just "horrid" people with nothing but hate...they are not, they are human.  99% of those here really do care about other members and express so.  Even those who want to known as "hard guys" will at the very least send a PM stating their concerns and well wishes.  And if you took a minute to check the other boards, you would notice that me posting my battle brought a lot of those "hard guys" out and showed that they are in fact only human.   You stated that you wouldn't be able to post a daily overview of a battle with cancer, but for me, it made it a lot easier to deal with. 

Anyway, I hope that with this post you get a better understanding of both the board and the people that post here, and maybe allow you to be able to contribute to it more positively and enjoyably.
:D Weee

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #102 on: August 25, 2008, 08:17:22 AM »
nice way to ruin a beautiful thread

(someone has cancer and Linda still comes in here and throws out "shots")

BIHB

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #103 on: August 25, 2008, 08:26:26 AM »
Anyone coming in this thread with any crap needs to shove off.

Now, nor this thread are the time.

99.9 % of this board supports Laura to no end, most of us have posted with her for years, chatted behind the scenes, she is not just a "screenname" to us - and this is serious stuff.

So, piss off with anything that isn't positive.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: August 25, 2008, 08:30:23 AM »

99.9 % of this board supports Laura to no end, most of us have posted with her for years, chatted behind the scenes, she is not just a "screenname" to us - and this is serious stuff.

Thanks CQ   :-*

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #105 on: August 25, 2008, 01:58:14 PM »

Thats why I love her.

CQ is right, If you do not support Laura and Mike just Fu$% off, we dont need negativity, Laura, Quicker has been praying for you, never met you, most likely will never meet you but I do not like to see people sick, even if they are cyber-buddies

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: August 25, 2008, 02:04:38 PM »
Thats why I love her.

CQ is right, If you do not support Laura and Mike just Fu$% off, we dont need negativity, Laura, Quicker has been praying for you, never met you, most likely will never meet you but I do not like to see people sick, even if they are cyber-buddies
I know QB.  You were one of the very first people voicing your concern and prayers.  Thank you.  :-*

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #107 on: August 25, 2008, 02:17:07 PM »
I know QB.  You were one of the very first people voicing your concern and prayers.  Thank you.  :-*

Your welcome, I may come across and sexist and a chauvinist but in reality Im all heart...with a few packs of condoms.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #108 on: August 26, 2008, 11:22:06 AM »
If you do not support Laura and Mike just Fu$% off, we dont need negativity

Correct

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
« Reply #109 on: August 30, 2008, 01:58:45 PM »
Thank you Ron, it used to be fun.  Take care Laura.
x

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #110 on: September 12, 2008, 02:07:48 PM »
Linda, you need to learn not to take everything posted on here as so personal.  I know it's hard.  Believe me, I was in your spot many times on this board.  If you play into it, you become a bigger victim.  But also know that if you insult on here there will be many that will jump on the opposite bandwagon and slam you back...and there are some very good slammers here, lol. 

No one here "hates" you and we didn't go out to attack you either.  We understand you have a different way of expressing yourself (your long posts/rants) and had explained on several accounts that they came across as ramblings and asked you to make sense or "shorten" the ramblings.  Your writing styles definitely differ from most on here and you know it.  We, the board, joked about it and you retaliated and started with personal attacks on my hair and body, and a lot of backwards compliments. 

I posted my "blow by blow" account of my struggle because I do consider a lot of the members here my friends and they too have their own stories to tell and although you might think they are just "horrid" people with nothing but hate...they are not, they are human.  99% of those here really do care about other members and express so.  Even those who want to known as "hard guys" will at the very least send a PM stating their concerns and well wishes.  And if you took a minute to check the other boards, you would notice that me posting my battle brought a lot of those "hard guys" out and showed that they are in fact only human.   You stated that you wouldn't be able to post a daily overview of a battle with cancer, but for me, it made it a lot easier to deal with. 

Anyway, I hope that with this post you get a better understanding of both the board and the people that post here, and maybe allow you to be able to contribute to it more positively and enjoyably.
One of the best posts I have read on this forum and dead on balls accurate.

Laura, we are rooting for you and we (your friends) are on your side.  :)

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2008, 11:56:04 AM »
This girl's fighting for her life! THE SHIT'S NOT FUNNY!!!!
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

michael arvilla

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • facebook.com/michael.arvilla
« Reply #112 on: January 05, 2009, 09:18:49 AM »

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #113 on: February 01, 2009, 06:34:28 AM »
I can honestly say that I am a 100% into that group of 99.9% that supports you, Laura ;)
I don't log as much in here as I used to, and I found out today that you had difficulties
with your health. That made me sad and upset. You are going trough difficult times in
your life. I really hope that you recovers. Keep up that positive mindset of yours!
U guys opened up a bit a let us take part of your life by using your real name, pictures,
stories from your life etc. and have in a big way contributed to keep getbig interesting.
Thank you for that.

All the best for you and Mike

djohnsen

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #114 on: February 01, 2009, 07:56:40 AM »
I can honestly say that I am a 100% into that group of 99.9% that supports you, Laura ;)
I don't log as much in here as I used to, and I found out today that you had difficulties
with your health. That made me sad and upset. You are going trough difficult times in
your life. I really hope that you recovers. Keep up that positive mindset of yours!
U guys opened up a bit a let us take part of your life by using your real name, pictures,
stories from your life etc. and have in a big way contributed to keep getbig interesting.
Thank you for that.

All the best for you and Mike

djohnsen

Thank you DJ.  I really appreciate it.  :)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: February 13, 2009, 10:08:24 AM »
Laura, how about an update please?  Is the hair growing in, how are you feeling, are you off the prednisone?  When do you go in to get tested again (if you do)? :-*
R

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: February 13, 2009, 12:58:14 PM »
Laura, how about an update please?  Is the hair growing in, how are you feeling, are you off the prednisone?  When do you go in to get tested again (if you do)? :-*
Weird that you asked today Stella.  I went for my follow-up blood work today.  We shall know in a few days how that went.  My hair is growing back and better too.  I feel really good for the most part.  When I drop the prednisone each week I have a day of yucky.  I'm down to 2.5mg a day now and my last pill will be next Monday!  Then I'll be off of them!!!!  YAYYYYYY.  Hopefully for good!

Thank you for being such a love!   :-*

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #117 on: February 13, 2009, 01:27:00 PM »
Weird that you asked today Stella.  I went for my follow-up blood work today.  We shall know in a few days how that went.  My hair is growing back and better too.  I feel really good for the most part.  When I drop the prednisone each week I have a day of yucky.  I'm down to 2.5mg a day now and my last pill will be next Monday!  Then I'll be off of them!!!!  YAYYYYYY.  Hopefully for good!

Very glad to hear that things are looking up Laura!!  Stay strong!!   :-*

:)

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #118 on: February 13, 2009, 01:37:02 PM »

Wow good news!  YAY!  Please let us know what the blood work reveals dweetir :-*
R

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #119 on: February 13, 2009, 01:38:43 PM »
great news Laura.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #120 on: February 13, 2009, 02:15:47 PM »

Keep on fighting. You will prevail. We are all behind you, Laura.  :)

yng466

• Getbig III
« Reply #121 on: February 13, 2009, 07:38:45 PM »
Open up my heart. Why? Every time I do it just gets broken again.Here it is.Take what you want.I don't care anymore. :'(
PARTY LIKE A PIRATE!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #122 on: February 14, 2009, 05:28:15 AM »
Don't be to hard on xLinda...GetBig has programmed her to react that way...she did realize her mistake..
And of course the lovely Laura has my best wishes as usual... :-*
K

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2009, 11:02:54 AM »
bump for the bloodwork update!
R

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing