Author Topic: My nut and belly.  (Read 3727 times)

ChrisGB

• Getbig I
My nut and belly.
« on: July 30, 2008, 04:01:58 PM »
I don't think I have a hernia but I think I may have put stress where it didn't need to be. About 4 or 5 months ago I was unloading some transformers at work and I guess I lifted too heavy or wrong and kind of hurg myself. Felt like someone was pulling down on my right nut and some aching in the belly. I took it easy for a couple of seeks and have been feeling fine. I joined a gym about two months ago so I could get stronger and maybe look better. Anyway it was all going pretty smooth until last week doing dead lifts. I didn't do them this week but I still feel slight discomfort since last Wednesday. At my job nothing is light. It's mans work. I have the rest of this week and next week and my program I downloaded from here (MAX-OT) says to take a week break. I also have a doctors appointment for next Friday. Wonder should I stop cold turkey until I see the doctor or still go and watch the heavy lifts. Which is the whole point right? Could it be weight related? I have a nice little gut. Gah I hope it's not a hernia.

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
Re: My nut and belly.
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2008, 05:06:37 PM »
Well, that’s quite a first post there, Chris.
Welcome to Getbig.

I think you answered your own question:
YES!!!
By all means, it is highly advisable to stop lifting until you meet with your Dr. and find out what’s going on down there.

Good luck.

ChrisGB

• Getbig I
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2008, 05:40:26 PM »
Kind of sucks. Doing this to get healthier and wind up hurting myself heh. Makes me wonder how everyone else does it. I saw a guy dead lifting 5 plates on each side. I'm at the point where I was gaining measurable muscle and now this..

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2008, 06:21:10 PM »
Don’t get discouraged.

It’s not always about weight.
Oftentimes injury can result from technique or even repetition – you can wipe out your elbows from swinging a tennis racket.
And how much does that weigh?

I knocked a rib head off of my thoracic vertebrate one time just loading a case of beer into a shopping cart. It wasn’t heavy, nor did the movement even feel the least bit awkward, but the pain was very real. It was a good example of the cliché, “anything can cause anything.”

Get better, and get back into it…
…safely and smart.

And don’t compare yourself to the guy DL’ing 5 plates. Don’t compare yourself to anyone except you. That’s how you measure results.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2008, 10:33:59 PM »
well sounds like a hernia, welcome to the club. Does your right nut look bigger than your left? I have an inguinal hernia and my stomach will hurt from time to time. I get an uncomfortable feeling in my gut from my hernia from time to time.