Author Topic: 5 reasons FEDOR might be OVERRATED  (Read 8681 times)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
5 reasons FEDOR might be OVERRATED
« on: August 02, 2008, 12:39:10 PM »
#1 - Dude doesnt fight the best. Hasnt fought Randy. Hasn't fought Josh. Hasnt fought Werdum. Hasnt fought Arlowski. The list goes on and on...

#2 - Dude got some fast heavy hands, yet he doesnt knock anybody out. What a shame for the fans. ONE KO his whole career (!) back in 2000 against a japanse can who had his debut (and then went on and lost 3 outta 4 fights before he quit altogether!)

#3 - When he meet some tough competition, he cant finish the fights. His submission skills and tko power goes out the window. Winning by decision. He couldnt finish either Nog or Crocop.

#4 - "but he got 30 fights!! and never been beaten" oh yeah? ever take a close look at that record? half the fights are against cans, has-beens, leftovers or fighters that have more losses than wins! it's embarrasing to see the kinda fighters they hook him up with over in Japan. His real record should be 13-14 fights and that's stretching it...

#5 - Fedor fights in the HW, but is the HW the toughest fight division, with the most fierce competition? Let's take a look at the top 10 - randy is over the hill, nog has seen better days, sylvia... arlovski ufc leftovers... crocop seen better days... ben rothwell... gonzaga...

Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
Re: 5 reasons FEDOR might be OVERRATED
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 03:12:16 PM »
sounds more like 5 things you can wipe your ass with if ya run out of toilet paper.

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2008, 03:34:56 PM »
Imteresting points.  P4P who is the best will always be a matter of personal oppion. Even you Bluto are entilted to this.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2008, 04:00:00 PM »
sounds more like 5 things you can wipe your ass with if ya run out of toilet paper.

I can wipe my ass with your comments
Z

Dball

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2008, 07:22:42 AM »
I'm not convinced. You could theoretically apply many of these same arguments to another best pound for pound fighter. GSP hasn't straight up knocked anyone smooth out either, and he only has won three, I believe, by TKO from strikes.  Most of his wins come by submission.  He couldn't finish Koscheck, BJ or Jason Miller.  The competition in the welterweight division isn't the toughest it has ever been either. Fitch and Alves are both tough, but then who? How many times do we want to see him beat up Matt Hughes?

All that being said, I still think the P4P crown is between Fedor, Silva and GSP.  I like the playing of Devil's advocate here, though.  Make people think about WHY they actually like their "favorite" fighter instead of just folowwing everyone elses opinions.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2008, 09:08:20 AM »
I'm not specifically talking about P4P here but about Fedor in general.
Z

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2008, 09:15:10 AM »
He will probably never fight another decent fighter in his career. Couture couldn't even beat Chuck, so I don't consider him to be top class. There is just no one out there for Fedor to fight.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2008, 09:25:59 AM »
there's a half dozen guys out there in the shitty hw division that fedor should fight, then he can retire.
most of them have been around as long as he has, so that makes you wonder why he hasnt fought them already.

machida fought 4 times in 2007. a total of 11 rounds of fighting.

fedor fought 2 times. a total of 2 rounds. (once against matt lindland that isnt even a hw and once against the retard hong man choi)

i wonder if he has the condition to fight as much as some of the other guys of the sport!!

Z

BIG_O

• Getbig IV
  • Assumptions are the mother of all Fuck-ups.
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2008, 11:33:38 AM »
Not only has Fedor fought Nog twice, Coleman twice, Arona, Fujita, Crocop, Sobral, Herring, Goodridge, Randleman, Hunt, Lindland, Sylvia and a few others but he has also won the Sambo championships from 1997 to 2008. The funny thing about fighting is that everybody seems to get caught. It's kind of like football. On any given Sunday.....

Fedor has only been caught once and he recovered. The Fujita fight. The first Kohsaka fight was bull. Fedor would have still fought.

I think it is safe to say he has more than 30 fights. Ever watched Sambo?

Moderators are supposed to be knowledgeable and unbiased.

You are neither.

I'd resign.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2008, 12:02:32 PM »
Not only has Fedor fought Nog twice, Coleman twice, Arona, Fujita, Crocop, Sobral, Herring, Goodridge, Randleman, Hunt, Lindland, Sylvia and a few others but he has also won the Sambo championships from 1997 to 2008. The funny thing about fighting is that everybody seems to get caught. It's kind of like football. On any given Sunday.....

Fedor has only been caught once and he recovered. The Fujita fight. The first Kohsaka fight was bull. Fedor would have still fought.

I think it is safe to say he has more than 30 fights. Ever watched Sambo?

Who cares about his Sambo record? We're talking MMA here and if you take away all the cans he fought, you can cut his 30 fight record in HALF.

We could probably cut it down to about a dozen times he fought some decent competition in 8 years. Not very impressive IMO.
Z

*ChuteBoxe*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2008, 02:16:14 PM »

We could probably cut it down to about a dozen times he fought some decent competition in 8 years. Not very impressive IMO.

I'm sure he's devastated that he hasn't impressed you. 
Predictions
 40/61

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 03, 2008, 02:56:52 PM »
STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!'

give the guy some credit. you say he hasn;t fought anyone but he made sylvia look like a bum..the guys is a machine. he will not be beat for a very long time and there is no doubt in my mind he would run through the ufc
irongearco.com

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #12 on: August 03, 2008, 03:06:08 PM »
STOP IT!!!!!!!!!!'

give the guy some credit. you say he hasn;t fought anyone but he made sylvia look like a bum..the guys is a machine. he will not be beat for a very long time and there is no doubt in my mind he would run through the ufc

Yeah we need to give Fedor some credit here... cut the guy some slack. Everybody is against Fedor...
Z

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2008, 03:17:56 PM »
he hasn't lost a fight in eight years. name anyone else who can claim that. arlovski got beat by tim sylvia twice in a row, fedor manhandled him in 30 seconds.

the bitch of being the best is that everyone's gonna find a reason to say you aren't. he's gonna keep on winning, and people will keep making up reasons why he's overrated. he could have 100 straight victories and people'll still bitch.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2008, 03:21:22 PM »
he hasn't lost a fight in eight years. name anyone else who can claim that. arlovski got beat by tim sylvia twice in a row, fedor manhandled him in 30 seconds.

the bitch of being the best is that everyone's gonna find a reason to say you aren't. he's gonna keep on winning, and people will keep making up reasons why he's overrated. he could have 100 straight victories and people'll still bitch.

I agree with you, but I honestly don't see a scenario where he fights a decent opponent. Not in Affliction, maybe not even in the UFC. Which is not to say he isn't heads and shoulders above all the other HWs. There are just no excellent HWs other than him right now.
E

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2008, 03:32:17 PM »
Here's the only decent fighters fedor fought his whole career... lemme know if i missed one!

arona. (arona has 3 losses due to ko, 1 split decision and one decision loss... by fedor!)
sobral. (win by decision... chuck on the other hand ko'ed him once, tko the 2nd time.. Overeem submitted him. jason lambert knocked him out, but not fedor)
heath. (tko win by cut...)
semmy. (win by decision. fedor couldnt finish him, after that semmy fought nog and josh - both submitted him and did what fedor couldnt....)
nog twice (both by decision. couldnt finish him)
fujita. (submission win after 4 mins, travis wuiff managed to KO him 1.24 now thats more like it!)
randleman (submitted him in 1.33mins, crocop on the other hand needed only 41 secs to do the same.. thats how hard it is to submit randleman!)
crocop (couldnt knock him, tko him, or submit him, win by decision)
hunt (wow submitting hunt, took him 8 minutes, josh did it in 2min, overeem in 1min)
sylvia (ufc leftover coming off a loss against nog got submitted in 36 secs, but not the first time - arlovski did it in 47 secs, frank mir in 50secs)

These are the fights that made fedor the legend, the king of mma, the P4P champ that you talk about....  ::)
Z

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:10 PM »

a dozen decent fights in 8 years isnt much. dodging half the fighters on the top-10 hw list isnt impressive. not being able to ko or submit people that others are able to ko or submit isnt impressive either.

fedor mandhandled sylvia. so did arlovski. so did mir. doesnt say shit. he's gonna keep on winning? based on what? based on the shitty quality of the HW maybe. and as shitty as it is, he's still hasnt fought half of them on there...

Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2008, 03:35:55 PM »
Fedor is the best fighter in MMA. Anyone who thinks differently is an idiot.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2008, 03:49:22 PM »
not gonna watch 9 minutes of fedor fighting cans... or winning by decision against the FEW good fighters he fight. sorry
Z

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2008, 03:51:23 PM »
fedor fighting cans

quit already...

>:(

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #20 on: August 03, 2008, 03:54:13 PM »

quit already...

>:(

Just take a look at his record... it doesnt exactly spill over of great fighters in their prime fighting him...
Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: August 03, 2008, 04:05:40 PM »
Just take a look at his record... it doesnt exactly spill over of great fighters in their prime fighting him...

He has fought alot of great fighters and won.

I can't believe you are trying to debate that. ::)

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #22 on: August 03, 2008, 04:11:29 PM »
He has fought alot of great fighters and won.

I can't believe you are trying to debate that. ::)

Yes he has. And so have a lot of others. Whats your point?

Z

Mark Kerr

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2008, 04:13:49 PM »
Yes he has. And so have a lot of others. Whats your point?

He's never been beat.

That's why he is the best and highest paid fighter in MMA.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #24 on: August 03, 2008, 04:17:44 PM »
He's never been beat.

That's why he is the best and highest paid fighter in MMA.

He's not the only one that hasnt been beat.

And it's a lot easier not to be beat, if you dont fight the best. Or only fight once or twice a year. Josh fought 7 times in 2006. Fedor fought twice. Now tell me statistically who has the greatest risk of losing or getting injured?

But you guys dont think about that. All you see is a fight record that says 30 fights and no losses, even though half the fights was against cans. And half the worlds best HW's are missing. Including the no 1 competition in both ufc AND ex-pride.

To be the best... you gotta fight the best.
Z