Author Topic: My cat keeps peeing on my pillow  (Read 13243 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
My cat keeps peeing on my pillow
« on: August 04, 2008, 07:26:47 PM »
Advice, so that I don't snap and do something terrible?

Tapper

• Getbig IV
  • You're an SMF!
Re: My cat keeps peeing on my pillow
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2008, 07:48:20 PM »
Male or female, 240? It might be a sign of dominance on the cats part??

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2008, 07:55:29 PM »
get rid of the stinky cat and get a dog

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2008, 09:29:12 PM »
female cat.  like 3 years old?  she does it when she gets in the room.  wife left the door open.  I don't know which one I should beat first lol...

j/k, crybabies who will be offended

Alex23

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2008, 12:21:59 AM »
Advice = wash your hair.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2008, 08:59:01 AM »
first of all....

Get rid of the pillow.  You cannot clean the pillow enough, no matter what enzymes, so the cat can't smell it.  Write it up as a lost....& get a new one.

Secondly...does the cat have rules?  If you do not want the cat on the bed....don't let it.  Whatever you do with a cat...you do not physically scold it.  This can send the cat off in a 'pissing match' if you know what I mean.  If I don't want a cat in a certain area...I block it off.  If the cat gets close to the area...I just say "no" or 'get'.  This usually makes the cat more curious about the area but if done properly & with a lot of persistence...the cat will give it up.

Third...the cat is 'marking'.  She's trying to claim it 'her' territory.  Keep the room closed when you're not around.  When you get a chance...lay on the bed with the door open & see if the cat tries to come in.  This is where you can set the drill of claiming your room/bed back.  Just keep shooing her out. 

To be honest...this can sometimes take a long time to break.

If vet was here...he would say 'make sure you take it to the vet & run tests"....which to me can be more $$$ than resulting in any solution.  Granted, cats sometimes go through imbalances & tests at the vet might bring them out.  In this case....I would bet on the territory issue first.  The cat is young & trying to establish her territory.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2008, 09:10:27 AM »
first of all....

Get rid of the pillow.  You cannot clean the pillow enough, no matter what enzymes, so the cat can't smell it.  Write it up as a lost....& get a new one.

Secondly...does the cat have rules?  If you do not want the cat on the bed....don't let it.  Whatever you do with a cat...you do not physically scold it.  This can send the cat off in a 'pissing match' if you know what I mean.  If I don't want a cat in a certain area...I block it off.  If the cat gets close to the area...I just say "no" or 'get'.  This usually makes the cat more curious about the area but if done properly & with a lot of persistence...the cat will give it up.

Third...the cat is 'marking'.  She's trying to claim it 'her' territory.  Keep the room closed when you're not around.  When you get a chance...lay on the bed with the door open & see if the cat tries to come in.  This is where you can set the drill of claiming your room/bed back.  Just keep shooing her out. 

To be honest...this can sometimes take a long time to break.

If vet was here...he would say 'make sure you take it to the vet & run tests"....which to me can be more $$$ than resulting in any solution.  Granted, cats sometimes go through imbalances & tests at the vet might bring them out.  In this case....I would bet on the territory issue first.  The cat is young & trying to establish her territory.
We have a cat that for awhile would pee on the side of the litter box, not in it, but on the outside of it, took him to the vet, got some pills.........that didn't work, got a new littler box, boom problem solved. Strange kitties.......
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2008, 10:00:07 AM »
We have a cat that for awhile would pee on the side of the litter box, not in it, but on the outside of it, took him to the vet, got some pills.........that didn't work, got a new littler box, boom problem solved. Strange kitties.......

Nope....mine did the same thing. 

I've had a lot of cats over the years & this one I have now is surely different.

She did not like the inside of the cat box dirty.  Now if that makes sense.

If I clean it out once in the morning & once in the evening...she's 110% happy.  I had her going strong in this routine for 6 months...no incidents.  I forgot 1 stupid day....& she let me know by peeing outside of it.  Prior to that....it didn't matter how many times I cleaned it....she did not like it, so I went out & got a new one.  Presto...she was fine with that.

Cats are funny.  I've had cats that would sit outside their box & meow until you cleaned it.  They wouldn't go elsewhere & had to go in the box...but didn't want to go in until it was cleaned out.  Most of the cats in the past were ok with every 3-4 days with a cleaning (1 cat per cat box).  If there were two cats....it was every other day.  I've seen some go longer...but mine is so picky it has to be done daily or else.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2008, 12:55:41 PM »
thanks guys.  I keep replacing the pillow, and it's hard to find smashed pillows like I prefer them :(

Also I shampoo 4-5 times per week.  The rule is that the cat doesn't go in the bedroom.  We keep the kid outta there unattended too.  Wifey leaves it open.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2008, 02:12:58 PM »
Rob, do you have more than one cat?  (In my past experience having cats) Like knny said it helps if each cat has it's own litter box.

My mom had a male cat that started urinating in places other than the litter box but he was sick.  If I remember right he had "crystals" or something in his urine and needed help from the vet.  I can't remember the details exactly but as I said, it was a male cat.
R

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2008, 02:19:15 PM »
Rob, do you have more than one cat?  (In my past experience having cats) Like knny said it helps if each cat has it's own litter box.

My mom had a male cat that started urinating in places other than the litter box but he was sick.  If I remember right he had "crystals" or something in his urine and needed help from the vet.  I can't remember the details exactly but as I said, it was a male cat.

Which is true & can happen with alot of cats when they get older.

Alex23

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2008, 06:15:26 PM »
Sorry, but the cat has to go. Any respectful Southerner, even black would pick up on this one.

11PM, a shovel, a .22 and a portable kennel is all you need.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2008, 06:54:50 PM »
Nope....mine did the same thing. 

I've had a lot of cats over the years & this one I have now is surely different.

She did not like the inside of the cat box dirty.  Now if that makes sense.

If I clean it out once in the morning & once in the evening...she's 110% happy.  I had her going strong in this routine for 6 months...no incidents.  I forgot 1 stupid day....& she let me know by peeing outside of it.  Prior to that....it didn't matter how many times I cleaned it....she did not like it, so I went out & got a new one.  Presto...she was fine with that.

Cats are funny.  I've had cats that would sit outside their box & meow until you cleaned it.  They wouldn't go elsewhere & had to go in the box...but didn't want to go in until it was cleaned out.  Most of the cats in the past were ok with every 3-4 days with a cleaning (1 cat per cat box).  If there were two cats....it was every other day.  I've seen some go longer...but mine is so picky it has to be done daily or else.
Once the cats figured out how to use the doggy door, they don't even use the box anymore.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 06:05:26 AM »
yeah i have two cats.  this cat is pissed at me.  In my old house, I let her sit on my lap all day as I worked on the laptop.  In the new house, much nicer office, I have a gate up (for baby) and nobody is allowed in.

I don't think she likes me anymore.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 01:46:56 PM »
well...having 2 cats can set up some other problems

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 01:56:01 PM »
Sorry, but the cat has to go. Any respectful Southerner, even black would pick up on this one.

11PM, a shovel, a .22 and a portable kennel is all you need.

LOL forget about the gun, hit it over the head a few times.

this reminds me of a story my Serb soccer coach had, when he was in Yugoslavia.
He had to get rid of the dog, so he took the dog out a few KMs' from the house hit it a few times over the head with the shovel and buried it. An hour later the dog made it's way back LOL

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 02:10:10 PM »
LOL forget about the gun, hit it over the head a few times.

this reminds me of a story my Serb soccer coach had, when he was in Yugoslavia.
He had to get rid of the dog, so he took the dog out a few KMs' from the house hit it a few times over the head with the shovel and buried it. An hour later the dog made it's way back LOL

Sounds kinda like what should happen to most serbs.

::)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2008, 02:26:24 PM »
Sounds kinda like what should happen to most serbs.

::)

Serbs are good people

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2008, 10:58:28 PM »
I'm sure most people who beat animals over the head (and then joke about it) are 'good people'...

Gimme a break.   ::)

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2008, 11:01:31 PM »
I'm sure most people who beat animals over the head (and then joke about it) are 'good people'...

Gimme a break.   ::)

you had to hear the story and the tone, it wasn't anything malicious.
After it came back they kept it haha.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2008, 11:33:38 PM »
Sleep with your mouth closed

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 05:56:13 AM »
You should pee in the spot where the cat usually sleeps..karma is a bitch.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 09:35:50 PM »
Advice, so that I don't snap and do something terrible?

Don't own cats.  Best advice ever.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 09:14:09 AM »
Give the cat to your mother-in-law.

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2008, 09:45:00 PM »
Female cats are terrible, male cats if neutered are the best.  Anyway, throw the pillow out if that doesn't work get that special spray that will keep the cat off your bed, or better yet just shut your door.