Author Topic: My cat keeps peeing on my pillow  (Read 13336 times)

STARDOT

• Getbig II
Re: My cat keeps peeing on my pillow
« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2008, 03:33:58 AM »
Rob, do you have more than one cat?  (In my past experience having cats) Like knny said it helps if each cat has it's own litter box.

My mom had a male cat that started urinating in places other than the litter box but he was sick.  If I remember right he had "crystals" or something in his urine and needed help from the vet.  I can't remember the details exactly but as I said, it was a male cat.
very true. also how often are you cleaning the litter box? i change it twice a day just takes a minute. makes a huge difference. or try changing litter brands

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2008, 09:28:53 AM »
When the cat is sleeping, sneak up on it and piss all over it.  After a couple times he will get the hint

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2008, 10:25:18 AM »
Don't own cats.  Best advice ever.

Spoken like a true dog-lover.

Permabulker

• Getbig IV
  • 1*
« Reply #28 on: November 01, 2008, 09:47:05 AM »
get rid of the stinky cat and get a dog

X 2!

Vet

• Getbig IV
  • Immortal
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2008, 10:10:20 AM »
Female cats are terrible, male cats if neutered are the best.  Anyway, throw the pillow out if that doesn't work get that special spray that will keep the cat off your bed, or better yet just shut your door. 

Thats not true.   Male Incact cat> Male neutered cat (if netuered after having started scent marking)>female intact cat>female spayed cat>neutered male cat (if neutered before starting scent marking).

I've gotten to the point where I'm sick of the cat peeing on the floor questions.   I'm firmly convinced the problem with cats are humans are stupid with them.  Humans cant get it through their thick skulls that cats are territorial hunters.  We take them into a small house and demand 2, 4, 6, or more cats that normally would kick each others asses magically get along with each other and not misbehave.    Then we get pissed when they act like cats.    CATS USE URINE TO MARK TERRITORY.    You want ot control the urine?   Get rid of the cat piss smell and get rid of the territorial agitation between the two cats.  Also provide a litter your cat agrees with in a litterbox that the cat doesn't find intimidating in a place the cat thinks is a good place to pee.   Thats the perfect recipe for stopping cat urination in the house. 

I see about 1 out of every 100 people even understanding that.  And less than that actually doing it.    Stupid humans........     :-\

drkaje

• Getbig V
  • Quiet, Err. I'm transmitting rage.
« Reply #30 on: November 03, 2008, 09:40:48 AM »
Isn't putting up with smelling like an animal part of the 'pet experience'?

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2008, 04:53:25 PM »
My guess would be a change of environment (i.e. new house or set up). She's probably just telling you she's mad at you. Shit every time we go on vacation...the cats tear something up when we get back.

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: November 07, 2008, 01:34:19 PM »
Sorry, but the cat has to go. Any respectful Southerner, even black would pick up on this one.

11PM, a shovel, a .22 and a portable kennel is all you need.

LOL
i