Author Topic: Tampa Pro: Bob Weatherill doing the show in Tampa  (Read 6451 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Tampa Pro: Bob Weatherill doing the show in Tampa
« Reply #25 on: August 08, 2008, 04:17:37 AM »
Good delts! Looks good. 8)

DanKennedy

• Getbig II
« Reply #26 on: August 08, 2008, 04:25:16 AM »
Bob is a good guy.  Great physique.  I hope he does well.
Dan

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #27 on: August 08, 2008, 05:47:12 AM »
Did you know JOHN RUTSY fortress ?

johnnytosh

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #28 on: August 08, 2008, 06:00:40 AM »
My buddy, Bob Weatherill, is doing the pro show this coming weekend in Tampa, and he's looking fantastic. Believe me, if politics are kept somewhat a bay, the guy could land himself in a primo spot.

He'll be bringing one trim and refined package to Florida.

He will place where he desrves. I will be there for the show tomorrow.  The "politics" rationalization is
has grown tired. Everybody who doesn't win, blames it on politics.  1/2 the people on this board talk about shows being "fixed".  They sound like little girls. Why don't they get a room with Lee Priest so they can all discuss how they got "Screwed Again".
     When Dorian lost to Mohammed Benaziza & Lee Haney, he didn't cry "Fixed". He recognized his weaknesses and improved them. The rest is history.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 08, 2008, 08:40:48 AM »
Did you know JOHN RUTSY fortress ?

No, never met or spoke with the man. Too bad about his recent death. I know he entered two bodybuilding competitions in the 80s.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2008, 08:51:08 AM »
     He will place where he desrves. I will be there for the show tomorrow.  The "politics" rationalization is
has grown tired. Everybody who doesn't win, blames it on politics.  1/2 the people on this board talk about shows being "fixed".  They sound like little girls. Why don't they get a room with Lee Priest so they can all discuss how they got "Screwed Again".
     When Dorian lost to Mohammed Benaziza & Lee Haney, he didn't cry "Fixed". He recognized his weaknesses and improved them. The rest is history.

I appreciate what you're saying, of course.

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2008, 08:57:18 AM »
Bob,

Good luck. I used to train at Monster too. Back in the good ol days... remember Henderson, Laura Binetti, Astrid Falconi , Pat and Melissa Mok.

Anyway, looking real good

I recently rejoined Monster Gym (now Fitness 365). I was last a member in 1996, and I certainly remember Henderson, Laura, Astrid, Pat, etc. Do you remember Gold's and Powerhouse? I swear the former in the late 80s was Toronto's hub of bodybuilding during the city's bodybuilding-craze-days (ha, ha).

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2008, 10:04:29 AM »
I recently rejoined Monster Gym (now Fitness 365). I was last a member in 1996, and I certainly remember Henderson, Laura, Astrid, Pat, etc. Do you remember Gold's and Powerhouse? I swear the former in the late 80s was Toronto's hub of bodybuilding during the city's bodybuilding-craze-days (ha, ha).

I remember seeing a picture of Henderson Thorne squating like 650 pounds back then. It was probably fake though. However, that was before the Fux incident, so maybe it was real

CT_Muscle

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2008, 10:06:25 AM »
This is DJ's contest all the way

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:01 AM »
I remember seeing a picture of Henderson Thorne squating like 650 pounds back then. It was probably fake though. However, that was before the Fux incident, so maybe it was real

No, the guy is one strong mofo. He motivated me to be the squatter I now am. I watched him squat 765 in the late 80s. His reps weren't Platz-deep, but solid to parallel.

It was weird watching him squat, actually. As he progressed plate-to-plate (225-315-405-495-585, etc.) you'd swear he couldn't go any heavier ... and then he did. All his reps looked the same, whether with 315 or 585 on his back. 

THEBOSS

• Getbig IV
  • Another day of being huge
« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2008, 02:11:07 PM »
No, never met or spoke with the man. Too bad about his recent death. I know he entered two bodybuilding competitions in the 80s.

We used to hang  at the eglington golds back in 88 ( remember marsha and eric levine ) ! I met him and alex lifeson when I was working there ! BOB was a friend of JOHNS back then and was a very hard gainer !

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: August 15, 2008, 11:29:17 AM »
We used to hang at the Eglington Gold's back in '88 (remember Marsha and Eric Levine )! I met him and Alex Lifeson when I was working there! Bob was a friend of John's back then, and he was a very hard gainer.

Really? Cool. I'll have to ask Bob about that.

I lifted at that Gold's one or two times, before eventually joining the gym for a couple of years in the early 90s when it was called Pitbull Gym. Weatherill worked there for a time, too. It was a great gym. I mean, there were some water problems in the basement where the changerooms were (ha, ha).

I remember the owner won the trip to LA to hang with Arnold (at the Classic), and he came back and actually believed him and The Oak became tight, and would remain friends.

So, John trainined there, eh? And you met Alex there, as well? I know the two men stopped communicating 15 or 20 years ago. Just lost contact, I suppose.