Author Topic: the obsession of bodybuilding of teens  (Read 4153 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
the obsession of bodybuilding of teens
« on: August 06, 2008, 04:01:57 PM »
I see so many young kids really obsessed w/ bodybuilding. Theyre spending hundreds of dollars on supplements, and trying to do everything like the pros do. They are so obsessed with the propoganda put out there by the mags. I remember talking to a young 15 year old kid who was stuffing his face after a workout with burgers, fries, and ribs, and he told me he could eat all this becasue he was on a test product.

What is your opinions guys??
w

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
Re: the obsession of bodybuilding of teens
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2008, 04:15:25 PM »
Sad really that a young kid would have that impression. Kids should start bbing to stay fit and become stronger, IMO, not to get huge and take "test products".
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 04:19:47 PM »
Sad really that a young kid would have that impression. Kids should start bbing to stay fit and become stronger, IMO, not to get huge and take "test products".
this kid is far from fit looking-but is obessed on bulking up..face is broken out horribly from all the supps and he just looks bad-told us he spends all his money on supps and food...sad indeed
sites like animalpak really push the propoganda bad to the young kids
w

candidizzle

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= TRB953
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2008, 04:23:29 PM »
i agree to an extent.

on the supplement part.

i think there needs to be more truth in advertising, and no 'white lies'... like.. " yeah, i really do take hydroxycut, but of course i ALSO take steroids, any body should know that by looking at me" (quote from bigger stronger faster from a guy who models for muscle tech ..."christian boeving")
that is fucked up. kids dont know hes on steroids. and they are going to spend 80 bucks on a worthless bottle of hydroxycut because of the misleading ad.

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2008, 04:26:42 PM »
I find like on animalpak.com they have all these sponsored bodybuilders talking to these kids and telling them about how great the products are, and like u said Cand-they dont comprehend that its the steroids that make up the majority of their success

w

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2008, 04:30:50 PM »
i agree to an extent.

on the supplement part.

i think there needs to be more truth in advertising, and no 'white lies'... like.. " yeah, i really do take hydroxycut, but of course i ALSO take steroids, any body should know that by looking at me" (quote from bigger stronger faster from a guy who models for muscle tech ..."christian boeving")
that is fucked up. kids dont know hes on steroids. and they are going to spend 80 bucks on a worthless bottle of hydroxycut because of the misleading ad.
I'd rather see the kid blow his money on supps and learn a lesson while he's young than start juicing before he's built a base.

You know this. ;)
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2008, 04:33:03 PM »
id rather see a kid save his money entirely.

define "base".. and why you think acheiving that matters? and explain to me the percentage of ifbb pro bodybuilders, or guys with physiques like theirs, who have acheived this 'base' ?

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2008, 05:46:03 PM »
id rather see a kid save his money entirely.

define "base".. and why you think acheiving that matters? and explain to me the percentage of ifbb pro bodybuilders, or guys with physiques like theirs, who have acheived this 'base' ?
Achieving a "base" means achieving all the muscle mass, weight lifting, and strenght experience necessary to have the knowledge of your body before you take steroids.

Why does it matter? Don't you think it's important to have the muscles/tendons strengthened together naturally before hammering the muscle with steroids?

And I don't give a shit about how many IFBB pros took the time to create a base before they juiced, but I'm willing to bet someone like Johnnie J could come off everything tommorow and would be bigger than alot of other guys. Why? Because he took the time to build a 'base' of muscle that will stick with him after his competitive days.
Besides any old time bber that I did name, you would automatically say 'HRT'..... ::)

Seems to me the trend back in the day was to get bigger going into a show, meaning that guys were working their asses off building the foundation before they ramped up into the contest.

Why don't you think a base is important?
Do you not think when someone stops using steroids they will shrivel up if they haven't built a foundation of muscle first?
Seems powerlifters hold more of their size when they "retire" than bbers, ever wonder why that is?

Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

candidizzle

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2008, 06:07:48 PM »
i agree completely, based off of how you defined 'base'.

however i dont think there is any science to support your assertion that amount of muscle mass attained prior to using exogenous homrones dictates the amount youll hold onto after you come off those hormones.

Stavios

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2008, 09:58:12 PM »

I completely agree

oh well, too late now  :)

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2008, 10:02:45 PM »

I completely agree

oh well, too late now  :)
Didn't you compete natural?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stavios

« Reply #11 on: August 06, 2008, 10:06:59 PM »
Didn't you compete natural?

my first show at 17 yes,the others no.

I know I am tiny, I have very bad genetics for putting on muscle mass. most of my friend don't take it half as serious as I do and they are much bigger

sad.. but what can you do about it  :-\

chaos

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 06, 2008, 10:09:40 PM »
my first show at 17 yes,the others no.

I know I am tiny, I have very bad genetics for putting on muscle mass. most of my friend don't take it half as serious as I do and they are much bigger

sad.. but what can you do about it  :-\
I didn't really start "growing" until about 24-25, then I started putting on some mass, before that I was a skinny 215lb guy... :-[
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Stavios

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2008, 10:15:33 PM »
I didn't really start "growing" until about 24-25, then I started putting on some mass, before that I was a skinny 215lb guy... :-[

I think it is like that for most people, I don't know why but when I watch around me I see guys around those ages making huge gains

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2008, 10:18:43 AM »
All "younger" folks that I know who are training are "supplementing".
Seems to be lotsa peer pressure of being a tough/strong/frightening mofo.
At least they are competitive about something.

The ChemistV2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2008, 11:53:54 AM »
I can understand being obsessed with bodybuilding as a teen. I certainly was..but I was lucky to have a father that always emphasized the importance of staying healthy throughout your life. So even though when I was 23 or so and experimented with steroids, I always made sure I wouldn't use them in a way that would ever jeopordize my health. I researched them and tried to obtain the one's that produced the least amount of pituitary shutdown, least liver toxicity, and never did more than 8 weeks and never used more than a total of 300 mg a week. This was just so I could preserve some muscle while dieting for a couple of shows. Looking back, if I took some serious doses, I probably could have eventually made it to a National level(back in the early 80's) if I hadn't been concerned with health. The teens of today go on these websites and listen to the internet "Bro's" for their advice. I don't think many of them realize the effects of long term high dose usage, in terms of LDL HDL levels, cardiac side effects, kidney stress. Most of these kids will never compete, so their big reward is to walk around in a tight shirt with their arms held out, lats flexed, walking duck-like from overdeveloped thighs. As you mature, you realize being a big lumpy looking guy isn't so great after all. Better to have a Zane like physique, wearing perfectly tailored clothes and being cool..and articulate..intelligent. That's more impressive than just being a dime a dozen, juiced up doofus.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2008, 01:17:23 PM »
It's teenagers nature to be curious and naive when trying out new things - I was the same when I was a kid. It's not just bodybuilding - it's everything they experiment with - alcohol, drugs, lifestyle choices, etc. They don't have a clue - what makes people think that they will act any different with bodybuilding? Let them make mistakes I say - you don't learn anything by getting things right all the time.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2008, 06:47:56 PM »
I see so many young kids really obsessed w/ bodybuilding. Theyre spending hundreds of dollars on supplements, and trying to do everything like the pros do. They are so obsessed with the propoganda put out there by the mags. I remember talking to a young 15 year old kid who was stuffing his face after a workout with burgers, fries, and ribs, and he told me he could eat all this becasue he was on a test product.

What is your opinions guys??

Apparently, he isn't listening to the "propoganda", because even a "We luv roids" publication like MD wouldn't recommend someone, especially a beginner in his teens, eating so poorly.

As I said in another thread, supplements will do you no good, if your diet is garbage. Some of these youngsters eat like this, then get mad when CELL-TECH and NITRO-TECH don't turn them into monsters. Then, when they run out of money and can't buy the fancy supplements, anymore, they are FORCED to go back to basics. They actually read the nutrition articles and start buying high-quality food. When they finally make some decent gains, they turn right around and swear that supplements are worthless.

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2008, 06:59:30 PM »
i agree to an extent.

on the supplement part.

$80 on Hydroxycut? Where are you shopping, brother?

I've never paid more than $35 for Hydroxcut (in any of its incarnations). In fact, the cheapest I've ever purchased Hydroxycut Hardcore is $20.

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2008, 07:42:45 PM »
$80 on Hydroxycut? Where are you shopping, brother?

I've never paid more than $35 for Hydroxcut (in any of its incarnations). In fact, the cheapest I've ever purchased Hydroxycut Hardcore is $20.

They now have hydroxycut at costco, its a huge bottle, not sure of the price but im sure its pretty cheap.

Muscletech has even invaded costco. Thats how u know its taking over the world.

turner98

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: August 10, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »
i agree completely, based off of how you defined 'base'.

however i dont think there is any science to support your assertion that amount of muscle mass attained prior to using exogenous homrones dictates the amount youll hold onto after you come off those hormones.

That sounds so lame and geeky. You'll be glad when you're through with this "phase".