Author Topic: SOLD OUT: Seats for Obama's Denver speech snapped up in a day...  (Read 2190 times)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
People will be scalping tickets to see obama speak

Colorado's tickets to see Barack Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field at Mile High were more than spoken for within about 24 hours, officials said, and the application process closed Thursday for all but those willing to be put on a waiting list.

Obama's campaign set aside for Colorado half of the more than 60,000 seats available to the public for the final night of the Democratic National Convention. It turns out the battleground state could have filled the stadium, as the campaign ended applications after collecting more than 60,000 Thursday afternoon.

"This incredible response and excitement shows that there is a huge appetite for change in Colorado," Anne Filipic, the general election director for the Campaign for Change, said in a statement.

The demand for the credentials was so great that phone lines were jammed much of the day.

Callers got an array of messages that suggested the lines weren't functioning. A spokesman for the campaign insisted the hotline number was good but that volunteers couldn't keep up with demand.

Internet sign-up went more smoothly, said the spokesman, Matt Chandler. Chandler also said the campaign's Denver office saw a "steady stream" of applicants who arrived in person.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: SOLD OUT: Seats for Obama's Denver speech snapped up in a day...
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2008, 08:29:18 AM »
I wonder if his Muslim outreach advisor with link to a terrorist organization will be in attendence? 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2008, 08:31:37 AM »
I wonder if his Muslim outreach advisor with link to a terrorist organization will be in attendence? 

I wonder if Mccain would sell 60,000 seats in 24 hours.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2008, 08:38:32 AM »
I wonder if Mccain would sell 60,000 seats in 24 hours.

So that does not bother you? A direct link to a terrorist organization, on Obama's payroll?

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2008, 08:50:41 AM »
People will be scalping tickets to see obama speak

Colorado's tickets to see Barack Obama's acceptance speech at Invesco Field at Mile High were more than spoken for within about 24 hours, officials said, and the application process closed Thursday for all but those willing to be put on a waiting list.

Obama's campaign set aside for Colorado half of the more than 60,000 seats available to the public for the final night of the Democratic National Convention. It turns out the battleground state could have filled the stadium, as the campaign ended applications after collecting more than 60,000 Thursday afternoon.

"This incredible response and excitement shows that there is a huge appetite for change in Colorado," Anne Filipic, the general election director for the Campaign for Change, said in a statement.

The demand for the credentials was so great that phone lines were jammed much of the day.

Callers got an array of messages that suggested the lines weren't functioning. A spokesman for the campaign insisted the hotline number was good but that volunteers couldn't keep up with demand.

Internet sign-up went more smoothly, said the spokesman, Matt Chandler. Chandler also said the campaign's Denver office saw a "steady stream" of applicants who arrived in person.

Only Brett Favre can beat this kind of hype these days....Over $5 million in  NY Jets #4 jerseys were ordered in just one day!!!!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2008, 09:07:38 AM »
So that does not bother you? A direct link to a terrorist organization, on Obama's payroll?

See, here's the deal.

If OzmO, jag, berserker, straw, or any of the somewhat moderate folks here told me that, I'd ask them for more info.  I'd wonder WTF is wrong with obama, etc.

however there are a few people here who attack obama for everything, even when the facts don't support it.  I can't recall any you have done, other than not being able to provide the quote where obama says "America isn't so great" - I asked you for the direct quote, and you linked me to a video where he never said that line.  Rather, you put your own paraphrasing of it - IN QUOTES.

So you have, unfortunately, fallen into the group of people like HH6 and BB who will shit on obama for everything, and assign equal alarmist hype to every single item on him.  I mean, you guys come with "Obama didn't visit the troops!" - despite the pentagon admittedly running interference and obama having visited them in iraq with zero fanfare just a few days earlier - with the same voracity as him admitting to being a muslim.

See what I mean?  When you exaggerate and assign BIG DRAMA tag to everything he does, it lessens the impact of the things that REALLY ARE bad about him.

maybe we need a tag for both candidates.  Like a level 1 to 10.  If obama doesn't meet troops after pentagon interferes and he already met them once, assign that a 3.  If Obama's #1 man David Axelrod spends the summer with Bin Laden in pakistan banging hot bithces, let's give that a 9.

Otherwise your headlines lose all impact, and your desired effect - informing us about the true obama - never happens.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2008, 09:18:18 AM »
Don't even have to read all that, but maybe you should read what the MB is all about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood
Sincerity
Links to violence
Unequal rights for non-Muslims
Holocaust denial
Defense
Terrorist Ties

Hope this helps, cause this is a man that Obama knew, knows, and was on his payroll.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2008, 09:23:49 AM »
Don't even have to read all that, but maybe you should read what the MB is all about

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muslim_Brotherhood
Sincerity
Links to violence
Unequal rights for non-Muslims
Holocaust denial
Defense
Terrorist Ties

Hope this helps, cause this is a man that Obama knew, knows, and was on his payroll.

Can someone else explain to YAM that I value his opinion, but that he's watered down his impact by sensationalizing every anti-obama news story with the same assigned value?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2008, 09:27:00 AM »
Can someone else explain to YAM that I value his opinion, but that he's watered down his impact by sensationalizing every anti-obama news story with the same assigned value?

Just admit that this is bad, if you think it is bad. If you don't think this is bad, then say that.

Is this bad or good for Obama and America?

Would Clinton ever allow a Muslim terrorist in her campaign, be honest? She does not share these types of views, and you know Bill would never allow such.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2008, 09:44:31 AM »
the same could be said about your pro obama threads of which you start a dozen a day...take your own advice.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2008, 10:11:58 AM »
the same could be said about your pro obama threads of which you start a dozen a day...take your own advice.

well, there are a dozen anti-obama threads - many of which contain falsehoods like "Obama's wife said whitey, we'll get the tape tomorrow", and "Obama's a muslim, there's proof but nobody can find it!" - every day.

And, I'll readily admit both candidates are heavily flawed.  Also, mccain would make a fine leader, just as obama wuold, as they'll be surrounded by advisers to ensure they don't screw up too bad.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2008, 10:14:49 AM »
well, there are a dozen anti-obama threads - many of which contain falsehoods like "Obama's wife said whitey, we'll get the tape tomorrow", and "Obama's a muslim, there's proof but nobody can find it!" - every day.

And, I'll readily admit both candidates are heavily flawed.  Also, mccain would make a fine leader, just as obama wuold, as they'll be surrounded by advisers to ensure they don't screw up too bad.
lol
well that doesnt change the fact that you are doing just what you said others were doing and didnt like.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2008, 10:17:31 AM »
lol
well that doesnt change the fact that you are doing just what you said others were doing and didnt like.

rest assured, if obama wins, you'll see me on here daily bitching the loudest about his nafta superhighway, gungrabbing ways, etc.

But I won't be wining about trivial, made-up shit like the pro-mccain group does.

They bury the issues of substance under "he didn't visit the troops a second time!" and other drama.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2008, 10:22:43 AM »
rest assured, if obama wins, you'll see me on here daily bitching the loudest about his nafta superhighway, gungrabbing ways, etc.

But I won't be wining about trivial, made-up shit like the pro-mccain group does.

They bury the issues of substance under "he didn't visit the troops a second time!" and other drama.
i dont see how you can do any bitching at all, it seems that you are dong just as much hypeing as they are drama mongering, right?

ps ill bury them before i give them up.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2008, 10:28:22 AM »
it's fine to talk about all of the issues - but don't assign the same value to them as you would to major stories.

Mccain has said some senile stuff.  None of it is MAJOR news.  When he says 100 years in Iraq?  that's major news.  see the difference?

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2008, 10:31:20 AM »
it's fine to talk about all of the issues - but don't assign the same value to them as you would to major stories.

Mccain has said some senile stuff.  None of it is MAJOR news.  When he says 100 years in Iraq?  that's major news.  see the difference?
didnt he say/mean if necessary?
didnt you start a apple sauce avalanche thread...yea i can see how thats relevant major news worthy of its own thread.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2008, 10:47:32 AM »
didnt he say/mean if necessary?
didnt you start a apple sauce avalanche thread...yea i can see how thats relevant major news worthy of its own thread.

It was a comic piece.  Just like if Obama slipped on a banana peel.  It'd be youtube gold.

If you have any obama piece as funny as the applesauce avalanche, please share :)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2008, 11:04:10 AM »
It was a comic piece.  Just like if Obama slipped on a banana peel.  It'd be youtube gold.

If you have any obama piece as funny as the applesauce avalanche, please share :)
how is a couple of applesauce bottles falling off a shelf while mccain stands next to it funny?
I personally think that inflating your tires and getting a tune up is much more hillarious.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2008, 11:24:21 AM »
how is a couple of applesauce bottles falling off a shelf while mccain stands next to it funny?
I personally think that inflating your tires and getting a tune up is much more hillarious.

Statistically, even the most conservative estimates are that 1% of fuel costs will be reduced with proper air pressure nationwide.  That would be a massive help.

Obama stated the air pressure only when a reporter ASKED HIM if inflating tires would help.

Obama also stated that's only a part of a much bigger plan.

When you characterize his posiiton as only inflating tires, as you and Rush Limbaugh do, you trivialize your position on all other matters.  People say "well, tonymctones was BSing us on that air pressure thing... he must be BSing about this too!"

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2008, 11:27:13 AM »
60,000 in 24hrs, impressive. Doubt many people give a rats ass to hear most politicians speak, I most certainly do not. Poeple can jump on exterior points, and do the good old go off topic and talk about anything but the topic, but fact remains 60,000 seats sold in 24 hrs show great interest and support that few politicians anytime in history can claim.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2008, 11:36:10 AM »
Statistically, even the most conservative estimates are that 1% of fuel costs will be reduced with proper air pressure nationwide.  That would be a massive help.

Obama stated the air pressure only when a reporter ASKED HIM if inflating tires would help.

Obama also stated that's only a part of a much bigger plan.

When you characterize his posiiton as only inflating tires, as you and Rush Limbaugh do, you trivialize your position on all other matters.  People say "well, tonymctones was BSing us on that air pressure thing... he must be BSing about this too!"
LOL wtf is 1% gonna do for me personally? a bigger plan that up to a few days ago didnt include off shore drilling...

you do the same thing when you say mccain said "100 years in iraq" when he said "100 years would be fine as long as americans arent being injured or harmed" LOL you are guilty of the same things you complain about.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2008, 11:49:34 AM »
LOL wtf is 1% gonna do for me personally?

it's not 1% for you, it's 1% nationally. 
AAA: 1 in 4 cars has at least 1 of 4 tires at poor pressure - these are conservative estimates, again.

if they were to fix it, then 1/4 of americans would get better gas mileage and gas consumption would decrease nationally by 1% per day.  That extra 1% would loosen demand a great deal.

Come on, get with it here.  Gas prices would drop for everyone if 25% of drivers would just go fill up their tires.  And it is 4% by some estimates - 1% is the absolute minimum that repubs will admit.

If you don't believe that an extra 1% per day of unused oil/gas will help fix the demand crunch, well...

And I challenge you to find a survey that statistically guarantees that offshore drilling will reduce costs by 1 to 4%.

Shit, that will take years anyway.  Methinks this part of obama's plan is actually BETTER than offshore drilling.  Although both belong in a sensible compromise

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2008, 12:15:36 PM »
it's not 1% for you, it's 1% nationally. 
AAA: 1 in 4 cars has at least 1 of 4 tires at poor pressure - these are conservative estimates, again.

if they were to fix it, then 1/4 of americans would get better gas mileage and gas consumption would decrease nationally by 1% per day.  That extra 1% would loosen demand a great deal.

Come on, get with it here.  Gas prices would drop for everyone if 25% of drivers would just go fill up their tires.  And it is 4% by some estimates - 1% is the absolute minimum that repubs will admit.

If you don't believe that an extra 1% per day of unused oil/gas will help fix the demand crunch, well...

And I challenge you to find a survey that statistically guarantees that offshore drilling will reduce costs by 1 to 4%.

Shit, that will take years anyway.  Methinks this part of obama's plan is actually BETTER than offshore drilling.  Although both belong in a sensible compromise
LOL and you know what if ppl didnt have unprotected sex then the rate of std's would dramtically decrease. you cant leave it up to the ppl to do the right thing or act in the right way.

it will help in the same way that inflating your tires will but on the other axis, by increasing supply you will lower the cost. OK so it will take a while, like ive said many times OIL will be part of our lives for decades probably centuries to come so whatever we can do to ease our foreign dependence needs to be done. Alternative fuels do need to be developed and invested in but that is long term dont you agree? even if a 100% alternative fuel non gas vehicle were to become mass produced tomorrow most american still have car notes to pay and even after they are done paying you think they will go buy another vehicle while they still have one that works sitting in the drive way? no. Not to mention all the other uses of oil that we have, so oil will continue to be an issue for many decades to come. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 08, 2008, 12:17:06 PM »
LOL and you know what if ppl didnt have unprotected sex then the rate of std's would dramtically decrease. you cant leave it up to the ppl to do the right thing or act in the right way.

No.  Sexual education courses have been VERY effective in reducing STDs and pregnancy.

Statistically, it does make a difference.  Methinks you're living in the micro (individual), and me in the macro (talking about how it affects the nation when 310 million people do it)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 08, 2008, 12:19:19 PM »
Not to mention all the other uses of oil that we have, so oil will continue to be an issue for many decades to come. 

I say we don't drill, that away people can't push those gas capsules since you need oil to make plastics, which also make geletin capsules.

Pelosi is doing the right thing acting as both an oil czar, and a consumer advocate.