Author Topic: Just to let you know: Georgia has now officialy declared war on Russia  (Read 3669 times)

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
Re: Just to let you know: Georgia has now officialy declared war on Russia
« Reply #50 on: August 10, 2008, 07:45:31 AM »
I wonder if border states like Alabama, South Carolinia, or Florida will get sucked into this mess?  :P

jajaja ::)

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #51 on: August 10, 2008, 07:54:54 AM »
It just amazes me how these republics that seceded from the old Soviet Union late last century, all citing the God-given right to determine whether they wanted to be an independent country (or not) now all of a sudden WILL NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES accept the same right to anyone within their newly created territory.

Talk about being full of shit.

Slapper

• Getbig V
  • Vincit qui se vincit
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2008, 07:57:44 AM »
And now the people on both sides must suffer from this bullshit dispute.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2008, 08:54:49 PM »
This is the second time I've heard this via people, but not news.  Is there any news link on this incident?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2008, 08:56:07 PM »
Let's call it what it is...

Russia wanted to starve them, but it wasn't working.  Since 2006 they've been sanctioning them on everything.  They know that hitting them once Obama is (possibly) in office could mean trouble.  Doing it on Bush's watch means the US cannot - say - sheeit - to them for it, since Bush did the same thing.

Perhaps we'll see more of this... nations 'getting in' their licks before Bush leaves office.  President Obama might be headed to the UN on news of this, to get the whole world to condemn it and start resolutions against Rus.  Right now?  Hell, the UN human rights division is re-investigating 911 as an inside job.  Bush doesn't have room to say a word to russia.
you've lost your mojo.

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2008, 09:03:03 PM »
Brilliant deduction slapper. So by your estimation, If France wanted to secede from the EU, Paris could then secede as its own country from France and so every other city in France could then do the same thing?  Why have cities or territories at all? Lets just have the entire world be broken down into millions of countries.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 11, 2008, 06:51:33 AM »

Why did you quote me and make the font larger?  ???
:D Weee

Eldon

• Getbig III
« Reply #57 on: August 11, 2008, 06:57:22 AM »

The facts :

Russia wont allow Chechnya to break away from them (Russia) and become independent, yet Russia demands that another Country (Georgia)  must allow part of their land to break away and become independent.  Hypocrisy at its finest!

Russia is trying to show the other FSU's what happens to a Country that is pro-west and wants to become part of NATO.  They are currently doing the same to Ukraine by tripling the price of natural Gas, as a penalty for electing a pro-west President. And doing this after first having him  poisoned.

Also just like the ex-KGB guy that Putin had poisoned in England, they wanted to show the world that no place is too far, that they cant get someone who they think is a threat. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2008, 07:00:27 AM »
Why did you quote me and make the font larger?  ???
because you're hot baby!!!  Oh yea!!! ;D

I did it to highlight the point.  It's insane that coverage of this is minimal.  This is potentially very huge and the media has walked by it like it's a confrontation between Hawaiian tribes.  On the up side, I got to hear about John Edwards affair 90 million times over the weekend while we're probably at Defcon 2 lol...

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2008, 07:05:53 AM »
because you're hot baby!!!  Oh yea!!! ;D

I did it to highlight the point.  It's insane that coverage of this is minimal.  This is potentially very huge and the media has walked by it like it's a confrontation between Hawaiian tribes.  On the up side, I got to hear about John Edwards affair 90 million times over the weekend while we're probably at Defcon 2 lol...
I hear ya, the media prefers to report on infidelities over problems in the world.  Sad.
:D Weee