Author Topic: Which is more important in a street fight?  (Read 6455 times)

Tombo

• Getbig V
Re: Which is more important in a street fight?
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 12:08:06 PM »
sounds like someone has 'little man complex'.  ;)

seriously, everything in life requires a balance...including this

thats a pretty general philosophy you got going there, probably works but probably isn't applicable in most situations either lol
but i think you do make a good point, if someone excells in ALL areas (god knows what they are im not a fighter) then im assuming they will come out on top, unless the other guy lands a punch first

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 12:12:16 PM »
In a street fight the most important factors are speed of the mind and the hands.  Unless you have a weapon everything else falls on the wayside.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 12:13:32 PM »
Neither.  I would say 4 of my buddies to jump the guy then I will stomp him.  That's how a real man fights. 

Moosejay

« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 03:24:24 PM »
Good running shoes.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #29 on: August 09, 2008, 05:16:56 PM »
The ability to outcrazy a guy in the street is what helps a lot of times.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2008, 05:18:29 PM »
Strength

or

Fighting Skill/Technique?

I would say strength, imagine if a 180lbs man with a black belt martial arts got into a fight with a WSM competitor... the martial artist would get crippled. Ime fed up of people underestimating how important strength is.

;D
This post was inspired by the bald 180lbs beast at my sports center who walks around staring everyone down because he is a karate instructor, his famous line is "Being strong means nothing in a fight, you need to take up a form of martial arts for self defense".

throwing the first punch

and/or running really fast

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
  • Jesse James Dean Martin Lawrence Fishburne
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2008, 05:41:18 PM »
its the same with anything.... strength doesnt mean ur good at it.....it varies

if u are any good at fighting its because u learned how its done....not because ur above average strength and weight....

naturally...poeple are better fighters than others , but its until u actually learn how its done.... thats when u take it to the next level...and this gives u the slight edge in a situation....certainly more of an edge than strength or weight.

8)

Captain Equipoise

• Getbig V
  • back from the dead...
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2008, 05:45:46 PM »
Some of you guys are retarded,  you really think a pro fighter like (for example) GSP would have trouble destroying someone Ronnie Coleman's size ?? you guys are delusional and have never been in real fights. Size doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to use it (ie. the bigger guy doesn't know how to plant his feet and get power from his hips)

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2008, 05:48:31 PM »
Some of you guys are retarded,  you really think a pro fighter like (for example) GSP would have trouble destroying someone Ronnie Coleman's size ?? you guys are delusional and have never been in real fights. Size doesn't mean shit if you don't know how to use it (ie. the bigger guy doesn't know how to plant his feet and get power from his hips)

yep ... its the same old story i dont know why i still post in threads like this.....

u either know the truth/reality of it or u dont....  ::)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2008, 05:53:15 PM »
Who cares?  Street-fights are for low-lives anyway.  Why are so many guys obsessed with fighting, who would win in a fight, challenging others on the internet to fighting, etc.  ??? ::)

Moosejay

« Reply #35 on: August 09, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
Who cares?  Street-fights are for low-lives anyway.  Why are so many guys obsessed with fighting, who would win in a fight, challenging others on the internet to fighting, etc.  ??? ::)

Exactly. They should just have a pecker length contest...that's what it comes down to anyway

monstercalves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #36 on: August 09, 2008, 06:01:42 PM »
Exactly. They should just have a pecker length contest...that's what it comes down to anyway

im afraid i'd been in another division ....dont think they'd let me compete in the "pecker" length division.... hahahha german smoked sausage division   ;)

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #37 on: August 09, 2008, 06:05:53 PM »

WANNA BANG DAWG?  ::)

jpm101

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: August 09, 2008, 06:17:55 PM »
Not having any fighting skills or experience in a street fight is like jumping into the middle of a lake without knowing how to swim. In both cases you are going down, and pretty fast at that. In either event, being strong does not always guarantee anything.
F

under_rated

• Getbig I
  • Getbig!
« Reply #39 on: August 09, 2008, 06:24:22 PM »
The most important thing is being able to land a clean punch.  Any strength more than knockout power is nice to have but essentially meaningless.

Honestly does anyone doubt a bare-knuckle welter weight lacks knockout power?

p.s. carry a weapon = pussy.

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 01:09:25 AM »
The only thing important in a street fight, is walking away on your feet afterwards.