Author Topic: Arnold vs. Sergio Olivia Mr O. 1972 Video  (Read 20372 times)

ibfasport

• Getbig III
Re: Arnold vs. Sergio Olivia Mr O. 1972 Video
« Reply #25 on: August 09, 2008, 04:02:30 PM »
che cazzo vuoi?

forget something mportant Sergio smelled and Arnold not

Moosejay

« Reply #26 on: August 09, 2008, 04:06:37 PM »
che cazzo vuoi?

forget something mportant Sergio smelled and Arnold not

English please, Flavio

ibfasport

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: August 09, 2008, 04:07:58 PM »
ma vaffan'culo

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #28 on: August 09, 2008, 11:51:48 PM »
In 72 Arold would have been 25 years old.

I stand corrected. Still a kid for the Olympia.
and keep moving!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #29 on: August 10, 2008, 12:00:23 AM »
Sergio= 10

Arnold= 9

oldman

• Getbig III
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2008, 12:09:12 AM »
first of all guys, in those days, that was ripped.  who looked better was already decided years ago, get over it. 

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2008, 05:06:49 AM »
first of all guys, in those days, that was ripped.  who looked better was already decided years ago, get over it. 

I agree conditioning was obviously not on par with today or even in the late 70s however its clear Arnold has better conditioning than Sergio which is one of the factors he beat him.

kevcat

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2008, 06:05:16 AM »
In an interview, Arnold was ragging on how neurotic bb's were with their diets and such.

He said, "Me? I would always go to the House Of Pies a week before a show, and have a whole pie."

As if he were inhuman compared to the rest.

Spin.

Do u actually believe everything u read???

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2008, 06:51:10 AM »
I agree conditioning was obviously not on par with today or even in the late 70s however its clear Arnold has better conditioning than Sergio which is one of the factors he beat him.

You just have to love the way this IFBB shill keeps insisting the shows were actual competitions with 100% integrity.

The level of conditioning then was lower but Schwarzenegger wasn't in the condition he would be in just a year later or IMO had been previous to 72.

Both a little smooth, Sergio clearly better given his huge advantage in balance considering Schwarzenegger's extremely tiny thighs.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2008, 07:23:42 AM »
You just have to love the way this IFBB shill keeps insisting the shows were actual competitions with 100% integrity.

The level of conditioning then was lower but Schwarzenegger wasn't in the condition he would be in just a year later or IMO had been previous to 72.

Both a little smooth, Sergio clearly better given his huge advantage in balance considering Schwarzenegger's extremely tiny thighs.

Your posts are always ignorant and biased , your comment Arnold made sure he was better conditioned in 73/74 because of Sergio is just plain stupid seeing Sergio wasn't in either contest , your comment both were a little smooth , again reeks of ignorance , Arnold was sharper before & since however in 1972 his conditioning is again clearly sharper than Sergios , bias refuses you to admit it

And Sergio's advantage in balance doesn't trump better conditioning and posing , and development look at the differences in back separation its night & day , Sergio does have better balance & structure , he has a better base he looked unfinished next to Arnold , and your cries of politics is a default excuse what happened when Sergio faced Bill Pearl in 1971 at an NABBA contest? he was soundly defeated whats your excuse now? you can't cry Uncle Joe was pulling the strings , face it your ebony hero wasn't nearly as great as he could have been and he was beatable , like many before him he thought his superior genetics would bail him out and he was in for big surprise

Sergio bitched about his places in 84/85 what does that tell you? more politics? see a pattern here? of course not you're stuck on stupid.

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2008, 08:52:53 AM »
&feature=related

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2008, 10:12:01 AM »
&feature=related

Man Franco looks bad there.
and keep moving!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #37 on: August 10, 2008, 12:16:36 PM »
Man Franco looks bad there.

Come on Franco looks good with 15 inch arms, and he and Arnold can BOTH hit 315# for 12 perfect reps while weighing 160#-190#............... I see it everyday in the gym  :D

jason armstrong

• Getbig IV
  • Riverview Trailer Park St Louis MO
« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2008, 02:29:54 PM »
franco had terrible genetics almost worse than Chris dickerson...

Arnold beat Sergio on mass ---sergio was dwarfed by Arnie when they were side by side or...

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #39 on: August 10, 2008, 06:02:57 PM »
After seeing that vid their is no doubt in my mind Sergo should have won. Brunschwagger was a little shaper but Sergio looked like a cartoon when he hits a crab pose, the cuts across his inner pecs are in sane. When he hits the 3/4 rear shot with is  right arm held high all you can see are arms. Gad dammmmm! those are some freaky arms! His forearms look like a bunch of knotted ropes, just insane!
X

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2008, 06:04:13 PM »
Sergio= Dennis James of the 70's.
Got his ass handed to him every time by Arnold.

Moosejay

« Reply #41 on: August 10, 2008, 06:06:03 PM »
Do u actually believe everything u read???

I asked Zane about this story.

He said, "Yeah, I'd go with him sometimes."

I don't believe everything I read. No.

KillerMonk

• Getbig IV
  • Future President Of USA
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2008, 03:02:44 AM »
After seeing that vid their is no doubt in my mind Sergo should have won. Brunschwagger was a little shaper but Sergio looked like a cartoon when he hits a crab pose, the cuts across his inner pecs are in sane. When he hits the 3/4 rear shot with is  right arm held high all you can see are arms. Gad dammmmm! those are some freaky arms! His forearms look like a bunch of knotted ropes, just insane!
Agreed
Sergio kills Arnold on legs, though i do give it to Arnold he was close to Sergio but hardly a knockout punch, only the Weider blessing gave him the edge.
All hail Sergio the true champion,The only bodypart id give to Arnold would be incredible Bicep peak and shape just my humble opinion.
Arnold For President 2012.2016

Antony77

• Getbig II
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2008, 05:10:21 AM »
franco had terrible genetics almost worse than Chris dickerson...

Arnold beat Sergio on mass ---sergio was dwarfed by Arnie when they were side by side or...

Arnold is clearly the winner in those photos. I mean it's one thing to see both guy's on stage by themselves doing their routines like in the video, but when you get a side by side comparison it's all over. Both guys look great but Arnold simply dwarfs Sergio, he also has better conditioning. It's close but Arnold gets the nod.

MisterGX

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #44 on: August 15, 2008, 06:40:11 AM »
This is a prime example of how one has to see the contest than just look at pics.  Looking at pics alone, I had Sergio beating Arnold (barely).  See this clip--not even close...ARNOLD WAS THE WINNER!!!

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2008, 07:13:36 AM »
Arnold is clearly the winner in those photos. I mean it's one thing to see both guy's on stage by themselves doing their routines like in the video, but when you get a side by side comparison it's all over. Both guys look great but Arnold simply dwarfs Sergio, he also has better conditioning. It's close but Arnold gets the nod.

It's not even close, Arnold was the better man.