Author Topic: Will Michael Phelps Get Caught?  (Read 14377 times)

rk272727

• Getbig IV
Re: Will Michael Phelps Get Caught?
« Reply #50 on: August 12, 2008, 11:10:37 AM »
A comeback champion are you?

::) ::)
wow strong come back
b

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: August 12, 2008, 11:54:46 AM »
I don't think any of us can claim to KNOW whether a guy smashing world records and winning medals is on any kind of assistance or not.

I keep hearing "he works so hard, he eat so well..", but so do most people at that level.

I'd be wrong to say I KNOW the guy is on gas, and you'd be wrong to claim to KNOW he's natural.

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2008, 11:59:30 AM »
You need to watch BIGGER STRONGER FASTER and you will see why the OVER DRUGGED UP USA COMPETITORS are not disqualified even though the Olympic committee knows they FAILED the drug tests.
yes! i mean that is the holy grail of competitive sports with regards to doping after all. you cant be an expert w/out watching that dvd..simply cant.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2008, 12:11:24 PM »

I can say with confidence that Babe Ruth was not on riods, and the same goes for Jim Brown and Ted Williams

Terrible example, picking eras where nobody was using, or hardly anyone, now THE MAJORITY are using, you have to use to even keep level.

mcb650

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2008, 12:16:35 PM »
There's a little bit of everything in this thread.

You've got the same broken records who refuse to accept that anyone can get anywhere in sports without juicing.

You've got the conspiracy theorists who say he's pretty much bought off all of his doctors and the entire IOC doping watchdog.

And finally you've got the people who say he's not a real athlete because he's just a swimmer and doesn't run fast or tackle people.

Pretty well rounded thread!

ATHEIST

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2008, 12:17:04 PM »

It would make him the most amazing physical specimin ever - surrounded by athletes using drugs.  Sure, it's possible.  Statistically, not probable.  Until they have a hgh test, which they don't have now, these guys will have recovery help that is absolutely undetectable.  Does Phelps choose to do the right thing and avoid an undetectable drug which can help him recover faster from his 5-hour training regimens?  We don't know that.

every Olympics there is an athlete that seems to sweep up medals, if it was so probable and such common knowledge that he/she was on drugs opposing countries take action. there is no conspiracy in which countires allow otheres to sweep medals in todays Olympics. China would not allow Phleps to dominate the events if it was common knowledge that was was on something, they like other countries would be drooling at the mouth to expose the reasons for his dominance over their athletes. furthermore whomever is supplying the substance would have so much leverage over the athletes and the sport for the information they have that could destroy the sport. just my opinion though..

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2008, 12:18:40 PM »
is it me or is that dude a stoner ...
L

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2008, 01:21:42 PM »
Look at thorpedo, his stature was just meant for swimming.

Alain Bernard has the perfect swimmer body.

fluffy

• Getbig II
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 01:38:08 PM »
We have had decades with assisted/doped athletes. The whole DDR was juiced to the gills, especially the swimmers. Every record was broken at that time by the juiced athletes.

Now with so much more knowledge about juicing and doping some guy comes along and breaks every record. You must very ignorant not to recognize he is assisted, too.

Take Lance Armstrong. He somehow managed to survive every doping accusation and even the positive EPO tests with his blood. Now it is clear that everyone on the tour the France is/was juiced. But the one man that has won the tour more times than everyone - with one ball and normally half the testosterone? No - he must have a very great work ethic! Oh boy...

Wake up - it is everywhere. Every celebrity is chemically enhanced and every athlete is, too.. Just accept it.

These guys and girls are AMAZING - but also juiced...

JOCKTHEGLIDE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: August 12, 2008, 01:49:32 PM »
and burns 10x as much.
DUE TO HIS DRUGS OF CHOICE.......

WeightPSHR

• Getbig IV
  • _____________
« Reply #60 on: August 12, 2008, 01:57:09 PM »
Let's assume he is using drugs. I am sure that he has access to the same types of drugs as anyone else in the Olympics.

He is still, drugs or not, a phenom!!

I think anyone who has aspirations of being an Olympic or Pro athlete, is aware that at some point in their career, they will, or must, consider drugs as a way to be competitive.

This is no shocker to anyone on this level. Drugs are just ONE part of the equation. They are very important, as in every PART of the equation. Take just one part of the equation out, such as diet, cardio, drugs, sleep, training, genetics. etc. and you will not have the same result. The Athlete that can put all of these together in the BEST way, is a champion. Simple. Don't make it bigger than it is.

The Coach

« Reply #61 on: August 12, 2008, 02:41:04 PM »
DUE TO HIS DRUGS OF CHOICE.......

Hahahaha.........yeah genius, it has nothing to do with the 5 hours a day of swimming ::)

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #62 on: August 12, 2008, 02:50:43 PM »
just as  a note, when that 40 year old chick was swimming, they said they take blood samples randomly during the olympics and freeze them.  their blood is tested later for chemicals they have no test for (like gh).  if they fail then, their medals are stripped.

also, phelps said they tested him for doping a few times already.  at any given morning of the olympics, they call a few of them (including phelps) to have their blood drawn for testing / freezing.

so if he's passing now, doesn't mean he's passing forever.

or...the IOC will just look the other way.

but for now, he's definitely clean.
Deep Tissue Massage

El_Pajero

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: August 12, 2008, 03:06:22 PM »
hope he gets busted soon, that overhyped "athlete"

yeah if the heavyweight boxer could box in everyweight class he could get 8 times gold too...  ::) does that make him the best athlete ever? NO!

just_a_pilgrim

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: August 12, 2008, 03:35:37 PM »
The media's sterotyping of steroids/GH etc. has fooled so many. So many-even on here-believe that these drugs are used to build muscle and that if you don't have muscle you must be clean.

When Ronnie won his first Olympia he'd been training 20 years. He said he was natural. Did anyone here believe him? All those years of eating and training consistently but no, because he has muscle, it must just be drugs.

They are all using. Each of them know this. The times they give blood for future tests is when they are off cycle, you think they'll give their blood when they are juiced up?

Look at it another way. We all know people who train in the gym and juice, and still look like rubbish. Then there are guys who naturally can build a very good physique. But the freaks in our sport are the ones that have the natural genetics and still juice on top of it.

That's what the olympics is. The best guys are still the best guys. They're just getting better times, just like in bodybuilding where it's pushed to get bigger and bigger, these guys are pushed to keep breaking the records.

Moosejay

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2008, 03:39:06 PM »
He juices.

Phelps juices... Everyone does.
The thing that makes him the best is exactly what you are saying + juice.

But the real question is... "Will he get caught?!?!""

Cynical but unfortunately likely true

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2008, 03:43:14 PM »
how do you know and what proof do you have that he juices?! there was an article in my local paper before the olympics started of 31 athletes that were tested for roids and disqualifid from competing because of juicing. NONE OF THEM WERE AMERICAN! HOWEVER, THE ENTIRE BULGARIAN WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM WAS DISQUALIFIED. i think phelps is just a gifted athlete with tremendous genetics for his age. i think he's cool, and i back him up all the way!  i ense jealousy cause the american are kicking ass in gold medals!  8)

Moosejay

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2008, 03:43:56 PM »
how do you know and what proof do you have that he juices?! there was an article in my local paper before the olympics started of 31 athletes that were tested for roids and disqualifid from competing because of juicing. NONE OF THEM WERE AMERICAN! HOWEVER, THE ENTIRE BULGARIAN WEIGHTLIFTING TEAM WAS DISQUALIFIED. i think phelps is just a gifted athlete with tremendous genetics for his age. i think he's cool, and i back him up all the way!  i ense jealousy cause the american are kicking ass in gold medals!  8)

How do they nail the HGH?

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2008, 03:53:53 PM »
Alain Bernard has the perfect swimmer body.
Jason Lezak must be better than.  Fag.

Phelps has a long ass torso, short legs, wingspan of like 7 ft at a height of 6'4", double jointed knees, and size 14 feet.  I'd say he owns Bernard.
Squishy face retard

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2008, 03:58:16 PM »
I think he is clean. The reason being that he has been so heavily tested. I think he is a true champ, amazing genetics for swimming, and of course has had all the training and right mental attitude to win.

And the right swimsuit...

http://swimming.about.com/od/swimsuits/a/FastskinFSPRO.htm

Phelps and the other swimmers wouldn't be breaking the world records fast and furious without this new Nike swimsuit.

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 12, 2008, 03:59:45 PM »
Jason Lezak must be better than.  Fag.

Phelps has a long ass torso, short legs, wingspan of like 7 ft at a height of 6'4", double jointed knees, and size 14 feet.  I'd say he owns Bernard.

Bernard owns Phelps. He's taller with ultra small feet and the widest shoulders/lats in swimming.

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #71 on: August 12, 2008, 04:06:14 PM »
Bernard owns Phelps. He's taller with ultra small feet and the widest shoulders/lats in swimming.

Is that why Bernard was the reason the French lost the 4x100 finals while Phelps just tied the record for most gold medals ever and will probably win eight in these games alone?

Bernard sucks. He's not even the 100 free record holder any more to boot.  :D

It's good to see that the French inability to win anything spans everything from sports to war.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #72 on: August 12, 2008, 04:23:08 PM »
Lol, Phelps is richer, more popular, and actually has world records.  I think Phelps can live with being an inch shorter.
Squishy face retard

Leadog

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #73 on: August 12, 2008, 05:52:30 PM »
Mark Spitz did what Phelps is doing more than 30 years ago.  He didn't take drugs.  Phelps is not taking any drugs.  The guy is built to swim.  It is all he does.  His adrenalin is flowing so much for the games.  He seems to be to dedicated to swimming and I just don't see him jepordizing everything he has worked so hard for. 

someone who is up there in recent times and nearly as good., Ian Thorpe. Had some questionable tests last year for high test levels. he was australias golden boy and nobody thought he juiced. just cause he has a sqeeky clean image, doesnt mean he doesnt. He is obviously highly talented moreso than anyone else- but clean, I highly doubt it

HeyNow

• Getbig III
« Reply #74 on: August 12, 2008, 06:37:09 PM »
I love how if anyone does anything positive, they are juiced to the gills. Just another example of insecure bb fans, unable to accept that someone could do something without some sort of illegal aid. Phelps has the perfect body for swimming, and he dedicated his life to it. Sometimes, if someone is freaky good at something, and they dedicate their entire life to that endeavour, they can be the best in the world at it.

I can say with confidence that Babe Ruth was not on riods, and the same goes for Jim Brown and Ted Williams.... How where they so good at what they did? Shit, Ruth could have been BETTER at what he did, if he dropped a few pounds. Drugs are a huge part of sports, but Phelps has been an amazing swimmer since he was a kid. He is getting better as he matures. He's not on juice.

bump, the kid is just lean.  physically he's not anything out of the norm.  however what he can do is crazy because he dedicates his life to it.  i hate to see any of you douche bags in the gym anyone with even an ounce of muscle is on juice, I can imagine how you all must give up if you dont look like ronnie or jay in 12 weeks.  get a life losers the kid is a swimmer lean with about 14 inch arms