Author Topic: Pelosi, Michelle Obama to kick off Dem Convention  (Read 4915 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
Pelosi, Michelle Obama to kick off Dem Convention
« on: August 12, 2008, 02:38:42 PM »
Wow, it seems Michelle up with Pelosi means that M. Obama had more to do with B. Hussein's campaign than we once thought.

Obama can you please explain why the people that talked about your wife will "regret" their comments, when you are pushing her front in line?

Pelosi, Michelle Obama to kick off Dem Convention

DENVER - Michelle Obama and House Speaker Nancy Pelosi will be the featured first-night speakers at the Democratic National Convention, which also will include a videotaped message from Massachusetts Sen. Edward Kennedy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Michelle Obama will be introduced by her brother, Craig Robinson, a former basketball star at Princeton and now coach at Oregon State, on the first night on Aug. 25. Barack Obama's half sister, Maya Soetoro-Ng, also will have a role at the convention.

Other opening night speakers include Denver Mayor John Hickenlooper and Missouri Sen. Claire McCaskill, an early Obama supporter, organizers said Tuesday.

Pelosi will be recognized for helping lead the Democratic Party back to power in Congress, said organizer Jenny Backus. "She was in the vanguard of the movement. She recruited a generation of young leaders," Backus said.

Opening night will also feature a tribute to Kennedy, who has taped a five-minute video to air during the party gathering. Kennedy suffered a seizure at his Hyannisport, Mass., house on May 17 and was diagnosed with a malignant brain tumor. He underwent surgery and recently completed a six-week course of chemotherapy and radiation.

The opening night theme is "One Nation." The Aug. 26 theme is "Renewing America's Promise" with a speech by Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton.

On Aug. 27, the theme is "Securing America's Future" with an acceptance speech by Obama's still-unannounced vice presidential candidate.

The theme for Aug. 28, the night Obama formally accepts the nomination at the Denver Broncos' football stadium, is "Change You Can Believe In." Colorado Gov. Bill Ritter will be among speakers that night.

Other convention speakers will be announced over the next two weeks.

The Democratic National Convention Committee said Tuesday it will issue daily convention webcasts under the theme "Countdown to America's Future." The 15-minute segments will air daily at 4:30 p.m. EDT from Aug. 24 through Aug. 28 on DemConvention.com, Comcast's Video On Demand, and via satellite. A final program will air at 9 a.m. EDT on Friday, Aug. 29.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: Pelosi, Michelle Obama to kick off Dem Convention
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2008, 02:40:49 PM »
I don't get it.

So what?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2008, 03:05:40 PM »
I don't get it.

So what?

Isn't it obvious? Obama has done very little worthy of criticism, so youandme has to invent stuff.
Give the guy a break will ya? If it's not Michelle obama speaking on the opening night, ...it would have been complaints about Obama having a convention to begin with, ...or complaining he accepted the democratic nod. When you're on the war path, ...clearly any excuse, no matter how flimsy will do. 
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2008, 03:30:33 PM »
Isn't it obvious? Obama has done very little worthy of criticism, so youandme has to invent stuff.
Give the guy a break will ya? If it's not Michelle obama speaking on the opening night, ...it would have been complaints about Obama having a convention to begin with, ...or complaining he accepted the democratic nod. When you're on the war path, ...clearly any excuse, no matter how flimsy will do. 

Judi, he's done/said a lot worthy of criticism (to those that do not agree with his politics).

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2008, 03:35:46 PM »
Judi, he's done/said a lot worthy of criticism (to those that do not agree with his politics).

Maybe they should focus on that rather than the fact that his wife will introduce him at the convention then huh?
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2008, 03:38:52 PM »
Maybe they should focus on that rather than the fact that his wife will introduce him at the convention then huh?

It's important because she's said controversial things (like Rev. Wright) and even though it's Barry running for President he still has to defend and/or address the things she says and does.

Like it or not it comes with the territory.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2008, 03:53:39 PM »
It's important because she's said controversial things (like Rev. Wright) and even though it's Barry running for President he still has to defend and/or address the things she says and does.

Like it or not it comes with the territory.

She never said a darn thing that's controversial.  People are grasping at straws.
If her saying 'this is the first time she's every felt proud of her country' is controversial,
...how does that stack up against mccain saying "He never loved America". He's a candidate running for office!   :o

much Ado about nothing!
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2008, 03:58:07 PM »
She never said a darn thing that's controversial.  People are grasping at straws.
If her saying 'this is the first time she's every felt proud of her country' is controversial,
...how does that stack up against mccain saying "He never loved America". He's a candidate running for office!   :o

much Ado about nothing!

Okay, let's say that she said nothing controversial. Anything she says and everything she does will be put under the microscope and Barry's going to have to defend it. It doesn't even matter if it's true or not.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2008, 04:42:24 PM »
Okay, let's say that she said nothing controversial. Anything she says and everything she does will be put under the microscope and Barry's going to have to defend it. It doesn't even matter if it's true or not.

So what do you propose, ...is he supposed to lock his wife in a closet and duck tape her mouth?

I think a far more sensible approach is to not let yourselves be distracted by the desperate criticisms of the ill informed.
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2008, 05:06:02 PM »
She never said a darn thing that's controversial. 

haha yea sure Einstein, she never said anything controversial.  ::)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2008, 05:08:54 PM »
I still don't get it.

BFD.

Why is this even worthy of debate?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2008, 05:10:39 PM »
Insults America

"The whites have beat us down, black America will wake up"

Very Angry Michelle

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2008, 05:11:52 PM »
Why is this even worthy of debate?

It's not a debate I posted an article.....SF

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2008, 05:21:45 PM »
did she not say in her thesis that she would use her resources to help blacks first and foremost??? serious question, ive heard it havent heard her or obama comment on it anybody here no if its for real or not?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2008, 05:22:39 PM »
Insults America

"The whites have beat us down, black America will wake up"

Very Angry Michelle

What has she said in any of those 3 rather inappropriately titled videos, that was untrue?
w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2008, 05:32:19 PM »
did she not say in her thesis that she would use her resources to help blacks first and foremost??? serious question, ive heard it havent heard her or obama comment on it anybody here no if its for real or not?
bump for you to answer jag?
i think you looked over this

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2008, 05:36:38 PM »

Yes she said that.

Jag, that is your opinion and your entitled to think that America is the boogey man and bad and evil, but it also gives you the right to peddle falee gas pills, and cheat people out of money.

So no matter which way you look at it your not that different from the United States. Say one thing, while engineering a plot that is the complete opposite all for financial reward.

You may think what she said is accurate, fine. But the rest of America, the other side sees her statements as racist, and very ODD seeing as how Obama now talks about ending affirmitive action, while his wife preaches that blacks need more help, more money, and the same oppurtunities that their white counterparts have...which that counterpart has worked for, and earned.

Him and his wife have been conflicitng each others statements....he appeases to white voters she rallies the black voters....which is it? And why is she paired up with Pelosi, her agenda must be his as well.

He talks her opposite.... odd

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2008, 06:04:30 PM »
bump for you to answer jag?
i think you looked over this

I'm not familiar with her 'thesis' as you put it, ...so I have no comment.
w

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2008, 06:14:21 PM »

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2008, 06:16:36 PM »
I love the part where she says that when a black person becomes more identifiable with whites it will cause harm and disregard to the black community, and sway his or her attitudes against their won race.

HELLO Mein Kempf

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2008, 06:23:01 PM »
i mean why hasnt this been in the media more? disgraceful probably for fear of being called racist...seriously how can you say things like she has, attend a church like the one they did for 20+ years and still be a presidential candidate? If a white male called for black males to be more responsible and be more involved in the lives of their children like obama did he would probably catch shit and not even have a chance at the presidency...lunacy i say

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2008, 06:30:04 PM »
Remeber Tomy, Bill Cosby said that, and he was called a racist, Obama said it on Fahter's day and he was praised, ?  :-\  ???

Just skim through parts of the paper, catch a few phrases, then stop and start reading Mein Kempf chapter 11 "Nation and Race"

:o

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2008, 06:31:13 PM »
Yes she said that.

Jag, that is your opinion and your entitled to think that America is the boogey man and bad and evil, but it also gives you the right to peddle falee gas pills, and cheat people out of money. So no matter which way you look at it your not that different from the United States. Say one thing, while engineering a plot that is the complete opposite all for financial reward.

How do you figure? What plot am I engineering? Do you think I'm responsible for high fuel prices?
Aren't you the little conspiracy theorist?

I never said 'America was the boogeyman, or that she was bad or evil', ...just some of her neocon leaders.

Why must you bring gas pills into everything?  ???

You may be of the impression gas pills cheat people out of their money, ...but those who use them seem to be of the opinion that the gas pills saves them money. off the top of my head I can think of 2 people running our product in 12 trucks each. Each one of them are saving well over $250,000.oo in fuel costs.  That kind of money is not placebo, and it's not wishful thinking. Those are cold hard facts derived from pen to paper, fuel consumption records, and fuel bill receipts.  One of those companies has each one of those 12 trucks running 24 hrs a day 5 days a week, driving the identical route back and forth, without deviation.

What I do is help people to save money on their fuel costs. As long as fuel costs are high, there is an increased demand for my product. That's just the way it is, ...I have nothing to do with that. Do I benefit from it? sure I do, ...but at least I benefit by saving people money, ...unlike the oil companies and war profiteers who benefit by gouging people. I provide real value. The cost for my product amounts to approx less than 1% of the cost of a person's fuel. If they see a 1% increase... they've broken even while reducing the amount of pollution they spew into the environment. At a 2% increase, ...they're ahead of the game. At a 10% increase, ...they're laughing, ...and if their results are typical of what we've been seeing where their results are 20 - 30%, ...they don't want to be without our product. How does that make me a bad person? When someone can use $10 worth of my product and save themselves $342 dollars? ...would you rather they not spend the $10, ...but instead fork out $352 to the oil companies?

Anyone who wants to hear what these guys are saving, the results they're getting and how they're using the product can feel fee to do so by being a fly on the wall and listening in to a conference call taking place at 10pm tonight EDT.

Dial: (605) 475-8500  conference room 5868476

Real people, ...real results!

You may think what she said is accurate, fine. But the rest of America, the other side sees her statements as racist, and very ODD seeing as how Obama now talks about ending affirmitive action, while his wife preaches that blacks need more help, more money, and the same oppurtunities that their white counterparts have...which that counterpart has worked for, and earned.

Him and his wife have been conflicitng each others statements....he appeases to white voters she rallies the black voters....which is it? And why is she paired up with Pelosi, her agenda must be his as well.

He talks her opposite.... odd

Obama has stated he doesn't believe his kids should be entitled to affirmative action policies.
He does believe in affirmative action for the financially disenfranchised, which thanks to bush policies, can no longer be seen as a predominately african american issue.

If you truly believe that he speaks one way while she speaks another, ...what do you make of mccain who clearly speaks through both sides of his mouth?

w

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2008, 06:36:43 PM »
jag both flip flop ok weve covered this, comment on her thesis for me here.

Affirmative action is ignorant and unjust anyway you cut it and logically makes no sense.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2008, 06:51:39 PM »
jag both flip flop ok weve covered this, comment on her thesis for me here.

Affirmative action is ignorant and unjust anyway you cut it and logically makes no sense.

First I'd have to read it before I can comment on it.

Probably won't be tonight. I have a conference call at 10pm in less than 10 mins,
...afterwhich I have to do laundry, pack, wash my hair and get a good night's sleep.
I have to catch a plane first thing in the morning.
w