Author Topic: Obama took one on the chin tonight!  (Read 6978 times)

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
Obama took one on the chin tonight!
« on: August 16, 2008, 07:20:50 PM »
I just watched the conversations with both senators Obama and McCain.  This was the best debate format that I have ever seen.  Who says Christians can't be objective about the issues? This was fantastic.  I want to give both of these presidential candidates my utmost respect for agreeing to sit down and discuss issues with a pastor.    Thanks to both of them.  The MSM could learn a thing or two from this event.

That being said, I thought John McCain dominated the answers tonight.  Now, I have to admit that I'm biased about what McCain's answers were, and I'm sure those who are Obama fans feel like he hit a home run.  The difference for me personally, is that going into tonight debate setting, I was not a big fan of John McCain.  But where a vote be held at this very moment. I would not choose 'none of the above', but rather I would check Sen. John McCain.

youandme

• Getbig V
Re: Obama took one on the chin tonight!
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2008, 07:31:16 PM »
AGREED!
The questions were great. The set-up was flawless, a perfect controlled enviroment, neither candidates got hit with any flawed questions.

It was really good, and I really hope to see the two of them in a real live town hall debate format. McCain had some tremoundous answers, I was only dissapointed to hear him say "this would be my last story, I promise" haha.

I can't believe how Obama answered the questions "Why do you want to be president?" and the childbirth question, he swung out terribly on the way he handled that question.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2008, 07:32:47 PM »
I just watched the conversations with both senators Obama and McCain.  This was the best debate format that I have ever seen.  Who says Christians can't be objective about the issues? This was fantastic.  I want to give both of these presidential candidates my utmost respect for agreeing to sit down and discuss issues with a pastor.    Thanks to both of them.  The MSM could learn a thing or two from this event.

That being said, I thought John McCain dominated the answers tonight.  Now, I have to admit that I'm biased about what McCain's answers were, and I'm sure those who are Obama fans feel like he hit a home run.  The difference for me personally, is that going into tonight debate setting, I was not a big fan of John McCain.  But where a vote be held at this very moment. I would not choose 'none of the above', but rather I would check Sen. John McCain.

Missed it.  What specific questions and answers had the biggest impact on you? 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2008, 07:36:19 PM »
"I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich," McCain said. "I don't want to raise anybody's taxes. I really don't."

"We have to have work as a centerpiece of any social policy," Obama said.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2008, 07:49:44 PM »
Missed it.  What specific questions and answers had the biggest impact on you? 
For me it was this question:  Which of the current supreme court justices would you have least likely nominated and why?

McCain answered that he would have not nominated Ginsberg, Souter, and Stevens, and would be more likely nominate strict constructionist judges like Alito and Roberts.

Obama said he would not have nominated Thomas, Scalia, and though he gave him props, he wouldn't have nominated John Roberts.

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 07:58:35 PM »
For me it was this question:  Which of the current supreme court justices would you have least likely nominated and why?

McCain answered that he would have not nominated Ginsberg, Souter, and Stevens, and would be more likely nominate strict constructionist judges like Alito and Roberts.

Obama said he would not have nominated Thomas, Scalia, and though he gave him props, he wouldn't have nominated John Roberts.

geeze la fucking uise dude. Just say that mccain wouldn't nominate the liberal/progressive and nominate conservatives. Constructionist? LOL... ::)

what a fucktardish question to ask anyways. Do they think we're that dumbified?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2008, 08:03:18 PM »
geeze la fucking uise dude. Just say that mccain wouldn't nominate the liberal/progressive and nominate conservatives. Constructionist? LOL... ::)

what a fucktardish question to ask anyways. Do they think we're that dumbified?

Do you share the same heroes as Obama? His grandmother, mother, and wife?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2008, 08:12:40 PM »
"I don't want to take any money from the rich. I want everybody to get rich," McCain said. "I don't want to raise anybody's taxes. I really don't."

I haven't seen it yet

did McCain pledge to the Rev and God that he wouldn't raise taxes?

did the Rev follow up with any questions about how McCain would raise taxes...if he had to.... ?

my guess is he would start at the bottom aka some form of increase in payroll tax

the tax "issue" is pretty simple to figure out

just look at your paystub

If you don't have a paystub you're already voting for McBush

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2008, 08:14:43 PM »
Do you share the same heroes as Obama? His grandmother, mother, and wife?

look at hannity jr. here   ::)

yes i share they're views, hardcore baby. Now tell me why i'm bad and why my views harm the innocent, precious america ::)

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2008, 08:21:27 PM »
look at hannity jr. here   ::)

yes i share they're views, hardcore baby. Now tell me why i'm bad and why my views harm the innocent, precious america ::)

So many eye rolls, does your forehead have wrinkles?

Speaking of heads, Obama's is hurting tonight after that blubbering knockout performance.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2008, 08:29:16 PM »
I haven't seen it yet

did McCain pledge to the Rev and God that he wouldn't raise taxes?

did the Rev follow up with any questions about how McCain would raise taxes...if he had to.... ?

my guess is he would start at the bottom aka some form of increase in payroll tax

the tax "issue" is pretty simple to figure out

just look at your paystub

If you don't have a paystub you're already voting for McBush
It doesnt matter who gets in Obama or McCain they will raise taxes on the middle class...mark my words

2ND COMING

• Getbig V
  • Might is right.
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2008, 08:32:22 PM »
So many eye rolls, does your forehead have wrinkles?

Speaking of heads, Obama's is hurting tonight after that blubbering knockout performance.

yes im rolling my eyes. It's a fuct question dude. If i answer your question with a yes, than you would give me your opinion on why i'm wrong and why my views are everything thats bad in america. If i answer no, you would give me some info that i already knew and expect me to believe you can do no wrong. stop it

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2008, 08:39:27 PM »
yes im rolling my eyes. It's a fuct question dude. If i answer your question with a yes, than you would give me your opinion on why i'm wrong and why my views are everything thats bad in america. If i answer no, you would give me some info that i already knew and expect me to believe you can do no wrong. stop it

Calm yourself, and remember it's always darkest before dawn.

I expect Obama's heroes to help him dust himself off, and continue on the downward campaign trail.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »

Both good quotes, especially McCain's comments. 

One of the problems I have with liberals and their views about money is they talk about helping people just get by, when they should be talking about how to help people build wealth. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2008, 09:02:08 PM »

Yeah.  Huge issue that isn't talked about much (Supreme Court appointments).  Stevens probably goes during the next term.  Ginsberg is 75 so should could be getting close too. 

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 16, 2008, 10:35:19 PM »
WOW everytime ive seen McCain on tv he has looked uncomfortable and awkward but this guy owned the shit tonight he looked confident and in his own enviroment and Obama looked uncomfortable and unsure. Obama made very little eye contact with the host and his body language seemed like he was uncomfortable.

Anybody pick up on this or was it just me

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2008, 10:49:10 PM »
Both good quotes, especially McCain's comments. 

One of the problems I have with liberals and their views about money is they talk about helping people just get by, when they should be talking about how to help people build wealth. 

Yeah, but if you can try to pull it up on youtube or something. Maybe they will reply it.

McCain's answers were short, but the responses in regards to the questions of "evil", and his philosophy oh Christianity were great. I loved the untold story, of him sharing a moment of faith with his Vietnam captors.

The "Why do you want to be president" perfect answer.

He came across as a down to earth guy, that could share a joke.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2008, 11:00:12 PM »

thanks. your opinion is very thought-provoking.

NOT. ::)

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2008, 11:01:43 PM »
WOW everytime ive seen McCain on tv he has looked uncomfortable and awkward but this guy owned the shit tonight he looked confident and in his own enviroment and Obama looked uncomfortable and unsure. Obama made very little eye contact with the host and his body language seemed like he was uncomfortable.

Anybody pick up on this or was it just me

Just you, "mctones."

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2008, 11:22:00 PM »
Just you, "mctones."
so you dont think that mccain came out and shocked alot of ppl with his performance tonight...CNN seems to think he did quite well.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2008, 11:28:40 PM »
He came across as a down to earth guy, that could share a joke.

are you fucking kidding me?

who ever it is, is going to be the next president. More than likely he is the farthest away from Earth like every other president before him. Why do you fall for this? The last guy was elected twice because so many thought they could enjoy a dumb joke and beer with the man, now look at the world. Give me a break, It's the president not your little buddy.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2008, 11:32:42 PM »
are you fucking kidding me?

who ever it is, is going to be the next president. More than likely he is the farthest away from Earth like every other president before him. Why do you fall for this? The last guy was elected twice because so many thought they could enjoy a dumb joke and beer with the man, now look at the world. Give me a break, It's the president not your little buddy.

Ah, yeah I could crack open a nice one with McCain, and ask him to tell me his views on the world. Then afterwards we could go hunting or something, or watch a sporting event. Then offer him a nice contribution to the GOP, for doing the right thing.

Maybe go hang out with hi sons and ask his daughter, what she is up to, remind her not to get into any trouble. Also thank him for both of his son's service to their country.

Yep, McCain, the man America needs.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2008, 11:34:01 PM »
what and then he would shoot you and you would apologize?  ::)

it's kang and kodos up on stage anyway they're all on the same team.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2008, 11:35:33 PM »

hahaha.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2008, 11:36:33 PM »

it's kang and kodos up on stage anyway they're all on the same team.

Sure, we will all still have our guns, since Osama won't be in office. Also I will have private healthcare, so no problems on going to the hospital. Heck he saved me tons of $$ with his tax plan, and not raising CGT, hell I'll take one for the HOMETEAM.

I'd play it off as an accident....Johnny is always joking around. Plus a little buck shot never hurt no body.