Author Topic: Michael Phelps expected to make close to 1 billion dollars in the next 8 years  (Read 14926 times)

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
My understanding is that Starbucks does not franchise.

Carl Lewis is the greatest Olympian and he isn't raking in that kind of dough.

Carl Lewis failed a drug test/s...
No doubt about it...

LatsMcGee

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
If he really makes that kind of money he'd be posting on getbig.  He'd be telling us all how Jamie Eason isn't attractive on a daily basis.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If he really makes that kind of money he'd be posting on getbig.  He'd be telling us all how Jamie Eason isn't attractive on a daily basis.

LMFAO

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
There is only 1 black Billionaire in the US and thats Opera.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
yeah, 900 Bil was the last I heard.

Plus he has the cure for HIV, that must be worth something lol

700 Million was the number I heard... but my point being that those were investments... not money he received directly from his sport or endorsements.

Also, that's the value of his company, which may or may not be his solely.

Tiger is expected to be the first Billion Dollar paid athlete.

The Coach

Just herd this one the news?, Id figure he'd make Hundred mill or something on endorsements etc, but 1 billion seems abit high  ???

If Obama gets into office he can expect to take home about 40% of that.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
If Obama gets into office he can expect to take home about 40% of that.

Bush devalued the dollar by 41% in his 7 years in office.

So I guess you could say the same thing about mccain, who will keep Bush economic plan in place.

we're fvcked either way lol...

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
No way.  Just read a Wall Street Journal article today that estimates around $100 mill.  Olympic stars have a short shelf life.  In a year, Phelpsmania will be dead, and he'll need to look to 2012 for his next big fiscal shot in the arm.

Only someone like Tiger Woods who is actively competing and winning every year can hope to reach $1 billion in earnings over their career.  (Woods makes about $100 million per year in winnings and endorsements.)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
He'll make about $50 million next year, but then the star will begin to fade. 

In the next 8 years, he can expect to earn $250-300 million.  That's great money, but not a billion.

where is this money gonna come from? who is going to pay him that and why?

Rudee

• Getbig V
OP - you're an idiot.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
Not even f-ucking close ::)
it was in the news this year that within 10 years Tiger will be worth a billion.
so how could anyone in their right mind think Phelps would do it in 8 ::)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Just herd this one the news?, Id figure he'd make Hundred mill or something on endorsements etc, but 1 billion seems abit high  ???
bullshit.

Polska_Sensation

• Getbig II
  • Only bitch do dumble kick backs
Phelps is a God, white people are going to start swimming now, fuck 100m dash, we are not good at that. Why should white's support a black sport when we have a freak in the water named PHELPS. Black's are hating, just being real

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Phelps is a God, white people are going to start swimming now, fuck 100m dash, we are not good at that. Why should white's support a black sport when we have a freak in the water named PHELPS. Black's are hating, just being real

White people swam before... This star will fade in about 6 months unless he comes back in 2012.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
My understanding is that Starbucks does not franchise.

Carl Lewis is the greatest Olympian and he isn't raking in that kind of dough.

Starbucks franchise.  Over 600 of them closed last month.  My friend who used to have the franchise for Blockbuster Video on Hawaii has all the Starbucks and Jamba Juice in Hawaii.  24 Hour Fitness does not franchise.  They pay Magic to use his name.  They are all corporate owned gyms.  He may be a stockholder or had that in the deal but they are not his gyms.

And Phelps is an all-american boy.  If you guy think endorsements aren't coming his way in a big way.  American Express alone will give him a million dollar deal.  He is perfect for just about every company.  Not bad having the most decorated Olympian in history as a spokesperson.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination

And Phelps is an all-american boy.  If you guy think endorsements aren't coming his way in a big way.  American Express alone will give him a million dollar deal.  He is perfect for just about every company.  Not bad having the most decorated Olympian in history as a spokesperson.

Bingo! Dude has not only become an American icon, but an international one. He is now a household name in emerging places like China and even India, and also in wealthy european nations.

But I don't think he'll make a billion dollars.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
Bingo! Dude has not only become an American icon, but an international one. He is now a household name in emerging places like China and even India, and also in wealthy european nations.

But I don't think he'll make a billion dollars.

Billions is out there but hundreds of millions for sure.  Remember this guy is just a kid.  He has one maybe two more olympics.  Companies are going to want to jump on this guys bandwagon NOW. 

body88

He wont make a billion, but he will make hundreds of millions.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
He wont make a billion, but he will make hundreds of millions.
no way that much, he'll make 15-20 million tops, there's no money in swimming.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
Starbucks franchise.  Over 600 of them closed last month.  My friend who used to have the franchise for Blockbuster Video on Hawaii has all the Starbucks and Jamba Juice in Hawaii.  24 Hour Fitness does not franchise.  They pay Magic to use his name.  They are all corporate owned gyms.  He may be a stockholder or had that in the deal but they are not his gyms.

I am aware that 600 Starbucks closed last month, but they certainly were not all under franchisee ownership. Whether or not Starbucks allowed franchisee ownership, I was not aware. However, the overwhelming majority of Starbucks are under corporate ownership. I studied Starbucks in many case studies in business school and I know in the past they did not like the idea of franchises because they wanted to keep unanimity of quality and service in all of their cafes.

OP - you're an idiot.
He didn't say it was true, simply what he had heard on the news.
!

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination

It wont be in swimming.

Just him being spokeman for companies like AmEx. I don't think they'll draw the swimming angle on everything, but rather just have Phelps speak on their ads about him using their products

body88

Sure he will, he's marketable on a worldwide level.... Thats a whole different ball game.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
Even if snaggle-tooth makes $1,000,000,000, he'll be broke in 6 months paying for those 12,000 calories per day. Yes, I said 12,000.
a

Heywood

• Getbig IV
It wont be in swimming.

Just him being spokeman for companies like AmEx. I don't think they'll draw the swimming angle on everything, but rather just have Phelps speak on their ads about him using their products

Okay, so he'll make a million with AmEx, and maybe VISA, and some large food companies (Kellogg, General Mills, etc.)  That's maybe 25 million total, and that's certainly not bad.

But he won't be on TV on Sunday afternoons like the Manning brothers.  And unless he can act, like Johnny Weissmuller, nobody's going to know his name in a year.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
"hundreds of millions", oh brother. ;D