Author Topic: Best college running back ever???  (Read 4274 times)

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
Re: Best college running back ever???
« Reply #25 on: August 21, 2008, 08:04:53 AM »
relative to the league or conference they played, in I'll go with Faulk @ SDSU...

my personal favorite ?....I'd go with Earl or archie although I used to dispise Ohio State !
Marshall was great, we had the luck of having him here in STL and he brought us a Super Bowl win, he didn't get the credit he deserved in college because he played for a small school.

UPINTHEMGUTS

• Getbig V
  • I can spot crazy pussy....
« Reply #26 on: August 21, 2008, 10:02:51 AM »
How did RB with Faulk's talent end up at a podunk school like San Diego State anyway?

Man, some major college scouts passed him over while he was in high school. They probably din't like his build. He was always doughy looking and not very muscular. Big thighs and a small upper body is probably what keep the major schools from calling.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #27 on: August 21, 2008, 10:48:27 AM »
How did RB with Faulk's talent end up at a podunk school like San Diego State anyway?

Man, some major college scouts passed him over while he was in high school. They probably din't like his build. He was always doughy looking and not very muscular. Big thighs and a small upper body is probably what keep the major schools from calling.

everyone wanted him to play DB and say he cant play RB and SDSU was the only school that let him play RB....

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #28 on: August 21, 2008, 04:15:23 PM »
Jim Brown.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #29 on: August 21, 2008, 04:26:32 PM »
Jim Brown.
what were his stats at Syracuse? i don't remember off hand.

what:

• Getbig III
  • 2008 Mr. Getbig Premium Sponsor!!!!!
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2008, 06:08:23 PM »
Off-hand his numbers don't jump off the page.  I don't think he ever accumulated 1,000 yards in a season but seasons were shorter in those days.

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2008, 09:43:45 PM »
Brown attended Syracuse University. As a sophomore, Brown was the second leading rusher on the team. That winter, he was Syracuse's second leading scorer in basketball, averaging 15 points. He also earned a letter in track that spring. As a junior, he rushed for 666 yards (5.2 per carry), averaged 11.3 points in basketball and was named a second-team All-American in lacrosse. In his senior year, Brown was first-team All-American in both football and lacrosse (43 goals in 10 games to tie for the national scoring championship). He averaged 6.2 yards in running for 986 yards -- third most in the country despite Syracuse playing only eight games -- and scored 14 touchdowns. In the regular-season finale, a 61-7 rout of Colgate, he rushed for 197 yards, scored six touchdowns and kicked seven extra points for 43 points. Then in the Cotton Bowl, he rushed for 132 yards, scored three touchdowns and kicked three extra points. But a blocked extra point after Syracuse's third touchdown was the difference as TCU won 28-27.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2008, 07:28:38 PM »
damn the years pass so quick, 1995-1997 seems like just yesterday, who can forget Ahman Green and Lawrence Phillips on those awesome mid 90's Nebraska teams.

&feature=related

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2008, 01:36:06 AM »

A better question is why didn't he win the Heisman over Gino Toretta? 

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #34 on: August 23, 2008, 03:12:56 PM »

Valid points...however, despite the fact SDSU doesn't field a minor league NFL team like some schools do, who wouldn't want to go there just for the atmosphere? 
~

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
  • Eat Balut! High in Protein!
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2008, 02:29:04 PM »
Barry Sanders all the way. Hell he could have beat Payton's NFL record and would still have it had he played at least another 4 years.

body88

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2008, 09:01:11 PM »
Barry Sander  (the grestest ever) - The end  :)

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #37 on: September 05, 2008, 05:37:57 AM »
Barry Sanders all the way. Hell he could have beat Payton's NFL record and would still have it had he played at least another 4 years.

College running backs ;)

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2008, 10:12:23 AM »

College running backs ;)
Um, most NFL running backs were college running backs first.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2008, 10:20:57 AM »
Um, most NFL running backs were college running backs first.

Of course my man but you were talking about NFL records.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2008, 12:19:13 PM »
hey old school look at the top of this thread, i believe Sanders had the best single season a college RB ever had in 1988, 2600 yards rushing, 3250 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 39 TD's, 4 300 yard rushing games, 11 200 yard rushing games and bear in mind this was in the Big 12 or Big 8 at the time and was playing teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, etc., absolutely amazing.

Andy Griffin

• Getbig V
  • I know my own name, bitch.
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2008, 01:16:07 PM »
hey old school look at the top of this thread, i believe Sanders had the best single season a college RB ever had in 1988, 2600 yards rushing, 3250 all purpose yards from scrimmage, 39 TD's, 4 300 yard rushing games, 11 200 yard rushing games and bear in mind this was in the Big 12 or Big 8 at the time and was playing teams like Oklahoma, Texas, Nebraska, etc., absolutely amazing.

True...although to be absolutely correct, the old Southwest Conference was still in existence, and Texas played there.  Still, the Big 8 was awesome in those days. 

Speaking of Texas...don't forget "Tyler Rose" Earl Campbell.

I think that sometimes a running back's college career is forgotten because of his NFL achievements (or lack thereof).  For example, a lot of people forget that Ki-Jana Carter was an awesome RB for Penn State; they only remember that his NFL career essentially ended on his third preseason carry.  Oregon's Bobby Moore is also forgotten, probably because after college he moved to receiver and changed his name to Ahmad Rashad, married and divorced that bitch Clair Huxtable, but unlike Jim Brown, does not pee on women.

~

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2008, 04:18:12 PM »
True...although to be absolutely correct, the old Southwest Conference was still in existence, and Texas played there.  Still, the Big 8 was awesome in those days. 

Speaking of Texas...don't forget "Tyler Rose" Earl Campbell.

I think that sometimes a running back's college career is forgotten because of his NFL achievements (or lack thereof).  For example, a lot of people forget that Ki-Jana Carter was an awesome RB for Penn State; they only remember that his NFL career essentially ended on his third preseason carry.  Oregon's Bobby Moore is also forgotten, probably because after college he moved to receiver and changed his name to Ahmad Rashad, married and divorced that bitch Clair Huxtable, but unlike Jim Brown, does not pee on women.

or the NCAA career rushing leader Ron Dayne who didn't do a lot in the pros.

Oldschool Flip

• Getbig IV
« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2008, 01:30:31 PM »
Talk about bad karma for RB's that were great in college, but now nowhere in the NFL...........Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams.

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #44 on: September 11, 2008, 02:41:41 PM »
u can say that again
DAWG

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #45 on: September 11, 2008, 03:52:06 PM »
Talk about bad karma for RB's that were great in college, but now nowhere in the NFL...........Cedric Benson, Ronnie Brown and Cadillac Williams.
hahaha, two of them came out of Auburn, they've still got time, sometimes these guys don't get going in the pros for awhile.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #46 on: September 11, 2008, 04:49:15 PM »

Just about any RB who either played at Penn State or was drafted by the Bears . . . .

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #47 on: September 11, 2008, 06:21:02 PM »

2 Of those guys are from Auburn and Brandon Jacobs the Giants running back left Auburn because he was 3rd string :D

mass 04

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 12, 2008, 08:36:50 AM »
Bobby Moore is also forgotten, probably because after college he moved to receiver and changed his name to Ahmad Rashad, married and divorced that bitch Clair Huxtable, but unlike Jim Brown, does not pee on women.
LMAO