Author Topic: Better Olympian: Phelps or Bolt?  (Read 5527 times)

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Better Olympian: Phelps or Bolt?
« Reply #75 on: August 22, 2008, 03:41:25 PM »
The dominant sprinter si can remember are

Linford Donovan Bailey Era

John Drummond Jon Cappel Ato Boldon Mo Green Era

Tim montgomery Justin Gatlin Asafa Powell

Usian Tyson Gay it seems now.

No sprinter seem to dominate more than a couple of years.

Faust

• Getbig IV
  • It's a league game, Smokey
« Reply #76 on: August 22, 2008, 04:54:01 PM »
Let him enjoy his reign, what's up with the haters lately, honestly I have not even bothered to see him race and i dont like swimming either, he broke records every race, let him enjoy it without the getbig hate which im sure he is totally aware of

Haha, yes, judging by the amount of hate they receive on here, phelps is better by far.
$

closeline

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2008, 01:56:07 AM »
phelps is nothing compared to bolt

give bolt a 60 80 90 150 175m race and he will also win 8 gold

swimming is the most stupid sport for men and woman under 60 years old

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2008, 03:01:46 AM »
How about long jump:

Right leg, left leg, standing jump, stiff leg jump, + all backwards.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2008, 08:10:21 PM »
bolt,,the swimmer was on hormones,,bolt was natural never done anything
fallen angel

willl

• Getbig III
« Reply #80 on: August 24, 2008, 03:18:09 AM »
,,bolt was natural never done anything

stick to bodybuilding claims ;)

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2008, 04:09:28 PM »
Phelps won one of his golds with 0.01s margin, while Bolt didn't even have proper competition. Bolt is clearly the better olympian - he crushes the competition.

Hey asswipe. Bolt didn't have to run 2 races within 40 minutes of each other. Phelps did that multiple times and sometimes at different distances. I would have liked to see Bolt win the 100 meter or 200 meter by running a 100 meter race and then the 200 within the hour.

They are both great. I don't know why either one has to be discredited.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #82 on: August 24, 2008, 04:12:20 PM »
Phelps won one of his golds with 0.01s margin, while Bolt didn't even have proper competition. Bolt is clearly the better olympian - he crushes the competition.

Another thing. You say he won ONE of his golds by .01 margin. HEHEHEEH!!! So in your little brain that means his other 7 golds are garbage and so is Phelps.

7 records in 8 races.  That speaks for itself.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: August 24, 2008, 04:14:29 PM »
bolt.

I dont think many people thought Michael Johnsons 200m 19.32 secs world record would be broken.

Nobody else had ever ran under 19.6 in history.

More people run, hes the fastest man in the world ever.

No one thought anyone would break Mark Spitz record.

Phelps broke 7 records.

What does it matter if more people run? Phelps is the best swimmer ever.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #84 on: August 24, 2008, 04:19:01 PM »
In reality, neither of them.

Greatest Athlete is the Decathlon Champion. Bryan Clay.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #85 on: August 24, 2008, 04:25:21 PM »
phelps is nothing compared to bolt

give bolt a 60 80 90 150 175m race and he will also win 8 gold

swimming is the most stupid sport for men and woman under 60 years old

Sure. Have Bolt run multiple semifinals and finals within 40 minutes to 1 hour of each other. A lot of you make fun about the fact that there are a lot of swimming events. But, you forget that for Phelps to do what he did he needed great stamina because he only had at most 40 or 45 minutes between races.

I don't know why you would call any sport stupid. Especially, when you are not athletic enough to do what Phelps did.

Quickerblade

• Getbig V
  • "Check my soundscan, Check my instagram"
« Reply #86 on: August 24, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »

koolie1

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: August 24, 2008, 06:08:20 PM »
He was very low-key after winning gold in the 200. 

That's what white folks want to see.

He's black, did you expect him to show some class :)

musclepug

• Getbig II
« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2008, 03:38:14 PM »
Racist insecurity always kills me. It's like those 4 retards they arrested trying to plug Obama. Those guys would be lucky to be able to shoot themselves.. Redneck, dumb oh well. Anyway I am white and you guys that hate on blacks really bring down the IQ level of everyone. If you understand the modern market you would realize that true racism is financial. Like Mohammed Ali said" ain't no Vietcong ever come to my house to arrest me for speaking my mind" Kind of like the mentality of I am voting for McCain because he's white. Well the problem is that McCain doesn't give two shits about you.. but he loves that offshore oil drilling ... oh and he'll give you a rebate check so you can buy meth, a rifle and try to out Obama.. oh brother.

Anyway: Phelps is great in swimming/ problem is that swimming requires a pool, coaching, money and opportunity. That is why, like many sports, it lacks the depth of athletes to even be considered a world sport and therefore there is no way a swimmer can ever be the greatest athlete at the Olympics. Just like if a kayaker won 100 golds it would not equate to 1 track medal.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2008, 04:46:19 AM »
Racist insecurity always kills me. It's like those 4 retards they arrested trying to plug Obama. Those guys would be lucky to be able to shoot themselves.. Redneck, dumb oh well. Anyway I am white and you guys that hate on blacks really bring down the IQ level of everyone. If you understand the modern market you would realize that true racism is financial. Like Mohammed Ali said" ain't no Vietcong ever come to my house to arrest me for speaking my mind" Kind of like the mentality of I am voting for McCain because he's white. Well the problem is that McCain doesn't give two shits about you.. but he loves that offshore oil drilling ... oh and he'll give you a rebate check so you can buy meth, a rifle and try to out Obama.. oh brother.

Anyway: Phelps is great in swimming/ problem is that swimming requires a pool, coaching, money and opportunity. That is why, like many sports, it lacks the depth of athletes to even be considered a world sport and therefore there is no way a swimmer can ever be the greatest athlete at the Olympics. Just like if a kayaker won 100 golds it would not equate to 1 track medal.

Aww shit...You are gonna get it from the closet racists on the board now....but great points by the way

I predict moosegay as the first to respond after me...

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #90 on: August 28, 2008, 06:39:58 AM »
Phelps is a steroid and ghg user

check his jaw
Ding Ding newsflash..they all are bright spark  ::)

chester_bbb

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • #1 Shawn Ray fan!
« Reply #91 on: August 28, 2008, 01:07:34 PM »

Beefjake

• Getbig IV
  • Oh fuck it.
« Reply #92 on: August 28, 2008, 01:57:43 PM »
In reality, neither of them.

Greatest Athlete is the Decathlon Champion. Bryan Clay.

Very hard to argue against that, true.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #93 on: August 28, 2008, 02:27:44 PM »
And track requires a track, coaching, money, sponsors...what's your point?  Swimming is extremely and where do you get that it's not a world sport?  That is laughable.  That swimmer is the greatest Olympian ever to this point. 

Squishy face retard

musclepug

• Getbig II
« Reply #94 on: August 28, 2008, 03:57:58 PM »
You have no idea what you are talking about. Running... when you're in school you are afforded the opportunity to compete against your classmates. All you need is a pair of running shoes. Then if you are the fastest in your class you will usually be asked to join the track team- No Cost. Then if you happen to be great at running you may be rewarded with a track scholarship. Then you go on.. and it is paid for. If you live in Kenya same goes... anywhere for that matter.

Swimming : Most schools don't have a pool here you eliminate abut 98% of kids. Of the 2% that actually have access to a pool and coaching the best will reach the Olympic games.

That is why swimming is not a world sport, much like hockey, NFL Football etc....

Not even close.

GO OBAMA