Author Topic: China... 45 Golds...USA ..27 Golds  (Read 11951 times)

Moosejay

Re: China... 45 Golds...USA ..27 Golds
« Reply #150 on: August 27, 2008, 06:26:55 AM »
This is all so ridiculous. You can formulate your argument any way you want. It's all so subjective. On the one hand Titus is just showing hate and envy towards the U.S. when in fact he knows that IN GENERAL there is no better country to live, prosper, fulfill your dreams, than the U.S. There are other great countries out there but I think everyone knows the deal. You can bash the economy now because it's in t trough but when on all cylinders there is no better and the way the US economy goes, so follows the rest of the world. Moosejay isn't putting up much of a debate but in fairness to him, he just doesn't have the hate in his responses that Titus does. Who cares, everyone from all over the world is crawling over each other to get here so much that we need to slow it down. Why is that? I think that answers a lot.

Good post.

And yes, I have never been out of the country, and don't pay much attention to what goes on out yonder.

I concentrate on HERE.

I try to get things DONE, HERE.

I never try to have hate. I really get along with everybody.

But facts are facts.

The US economy, will, indeed, again be on all cyliders...everything is cyclic.

I love it here. Maybe I'd love other places.

Never been.

Moosejay

« Reply #151 on: August 27, 2008, 06:28:34 AM »
Everyone is crawling to get into the USA sure. The Brits, French, Australians, Caymanians, Emirates etc will tell you the same. Just about all economic strong nations have immigrants trying to get in, and all have huge problems. USA is not alone in that and anyone who thinks so obviously is unaware of world affairs.

You may think you nation is best, great. It is a great nation. I adore mine. Canada is great. Australia is fantastic. Numerous European nations are great. New Zealand is strong. They are all different. US offers many things other nations don't, while other nations offer things USA doesn't, free health, free college, zero income tax, lower crime etc.

All the first world nations are great and you can prosper in all of them. All the 3rd world nationals try to immigrate to them. The best nation comes down to opinion. I've traveled the world and seen much great nations, and some sad nations. The difference is between 1st world and 3rd.

Please tell us, mathematically, how the emboldened words up top are accomplished. Thru Voodoo? ;D

Moosejay

« Reply #152 on: August 27, 2008, 06:29:29 AM »
The funniest thing about the Olympics was that only the American media outlets had them as 'TOP' as they won more medals overall while the rest of the world had China as number one as.... well you know, they had the most gold medals  ::)

Not like America to be blind in its patriotism, is it?   ;D

Not that the rest of the world casts their sorry eyes at us in envy? ;)

Moosejay

« Reply #153 on: August 27, 2008, 06:31:48 AM »
I'm not hating U.S., I said it's a great place to visit. I state some unpleasant facts about U.S., that's not hating. But as I said, U.S. as a nation is in massive state of denial. I have many good american friends, so just to spell it out: U.S. is a good country, and has lots of good people, but is heading to a terrible direction.

I live in Canada and own real estate here. Trust me when I say I'm really glad I own it in Canada instead of U.S. Moose on the other hand fails to recognize some very fundamental facts. When I present UN stats, he ridicules it.

How about this one from CIA. Hint: check 1st and last positions
https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/rankorder/2187rank.html

I ridicule nothing.

I am an example that is contrary to your example.

Since I have succeeded wildly here, own outright three very large real estate parcels, you must think you are less than me because you aver that you cannot do it here.

I did it much the while being disabled, physically.

I have.

Why not you?

Seriously think about that.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #154 on: August 27, 2008, 06:35:56 AM »
Fact is, the U.S. is in way worst shape now than it was 8 years ago. You've had terrible leadership the past few years. Even your Donald Trump has said as much on Letterman.

Chinas whooped our asses in the olympics.

Chinas is growing faster than you are.

Canadian dollar is worth as much as yours.

your debt is growing while your income is shrinking (war expenses and tax cut for higher income)

Your health care SUCKS big time (7 million people don't have insurance)

Your culture is being copied and improved by foreigners.

Your fighting an aggression war on Iraq and you will not win it.

Gas has never been more expensive and you have ZERO initiative for alternative energy source.

Global warming is showing it's ugly head and you're in now way leaders in this field although you could easily become the greatest economic power by investing a little in your R and D on those field instead of building tanks and bombs.

I sincerly hope things get better for both our countries well being and I really have great expectation for the Obama Fellow, he seems to be the guy to turn things around while there is still time.

Moosejay

« Reply #155 on: August 27, 2008, 06:43:42 AM »
Fact is, the U.S. is in way worst shape now than it was 8 years ago. You've had terrible leadership the past few years. Even your Donald Trump has said as much on Letterman.

Chinas whooped our asses in the olympics.

No

Chinas is growing faster than you are.

They will crumble like a fortune cookie in several years....look for their countrymen to revolt against their corrupt 'government'...wouldn't you?

Canadian dollar is worth as much as yours.

Just wait, be patient

your debt is growing while your income is shrinking (war expenses and tax cut for higher income)

We do what is necessary while the rest of the world dips their toes in our swirling pool of discontent...that is why we are the world leader, score ALL the touchdowns, while the world is our waterboy

Your health care SUCKS big time (7 million people don't have insurance)

25 million don't have healthcare...tovarisch, and I pay for my own and my staff....I have had over 300 k in healthcare bills...NEVER paid a penny....AND, when we have surgery HERE, the docs use clean, sterile technique, we wake up from anesthesia, the list goes on and on...yeah, I am gonna go to Healthcare in Calcutta...jackass! ;D...by the way, I am a leader in healthcare AND HAVE NEVER TURNED ONE PATIENT AWAY!

Your culture is being copied and improved by foreigners.

The one that allowed us to pass cultuers that have existed for thousands of years in 200. I don't blame them for TRYING.

Your fighting an aggression war on Iraq and you will not win it.

Eventaully, we WILL have to turn one of those countries into glass, regrettably

Gas has never been more expensive and you have ZERO initiative for alternative energy source.

Its going down

Global warming is showing it's ugly head and you're in now way leaders in this field although you could easily become the greatest economic power by investing a little in your R and D on those field instead of building tanks and bombs.

Myth, lemme intro you to Santa

I sincerly hope things get better for both our countries well being and I really have great expectation for the Obama Fellow, he seems to be the guy to turn things around while there is still time.

McCain

Moosejay

« Reply #156 on: August 27, 2008, 07:06:41 AM »
who cares, really.  we're talking about games here.  Russia used the distraction to invade a soverign nation.

Most important post here, by far.

Well said, robert

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #157 on: August 27, 2008, 07:23:06 AM »

your "answer" is EXACTLY why this country is in deep shyt! You're so CERTAIN of you're greatness that you refuse to grow, to learn, to become better. Rome, Babylon, the Macedonians, the Huns, the german have ALL done the same just before they crumbled.

You've lost your KAIZEN, the will to become better everyday while the rest of the world still has got that DRIVE to become better.
It's pathetic really...

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #158 on: August 27, 2008, 09:36:44 AM »
Most important post here, by far.

Well said, robert

Brutal irony for an American to question another countries motives for invading.

Hahahahahahaahhaha too funny.

GreatFinn

• Getbig III
  • Havuja, perkele!?!
« Reply #159 on: August 28, 2008, 02:05:57 PM »
Well, maybe.

But how do you measure 'smarter'?

Overpopulating their country?

Committing unfathomable human right's injustices?

As an american, you shouldn't make any remarks about human rights, because your own country is a great example when it comes to oppress racial or economical minority's. Don't forget that you live in the most racist country in the world, where black people doesn't have equal rights even this day.  Chinese have their faults, but even so they kick your ass in many ways, not only in olympics. They have higher average IQ, meaning that in similar tests than americans, they score higher points, they have better average mathematics skills, meaning that in similar tests than americans, they score higher points. You can find all of that from the internet, so don't take my word for it, but look at yourself. There is many statistic made by objective international organisations which prove all this and many other things.

When you use a computer, do you know where it has been made? Just about 80% of computer electronics in the world is made in china/asian countries, no matter which brand or type your computer is, so you could say that they have a quite good lead compared to USA. What you have equally important to the modern world? Smith & Wesson, Colt, Remington etc.? Zippo? General Motors? Coca Cola, Big Mac...They own their shares even all those. They are on the leading edge of technology, and they have a manpower to stay there, so it is better to not underestimate them.

I have been in China few times, it is nice place to be on vacation. People are very friendly and hospitality is up on the different level than it is in america. They are your friends, not ass kissers like americans, they share everything with you, not just talking bullshit chit chat like you guys. Wonderful country, even with its faults. I don't use package tours, I just fly there and wonder around few months, living in village motels or as a house quest of some local family. When guy like me, who is finnish and quite big, travels there, there is no troubles what so ever. People come talk to me on the streets, they tell about their life, and when I told them I'm from Finland, they know all about Mika Häkkinen, Kimi Räikkönen, our olympic champions, and some of them knows even Riku Kiri and Jouko Ahola. Nice country, beautiful girls, nice people. Their government and communistic system is a pain in the ass, but it is somewhat necessary in country like that, where third of the people lives houses which has plain ground floors. When they get their systems up and running for democracy, and that isn't very far, that will be something to see for americans and a rest of the world.

You have Iran, Afganistan, and numerous wars in your history, filled with unfathomable injustices, so which way you are better? You don't kill your own citizens like they do? Well, you ship them to some foreign country to be killed "fighting for their country" like in Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Iran and Afganistan, and if that isn't enough, you have 80000 gun related deaths each year in your own country. They have tibet, you have cuba(another nice country, and I love their cigars). They don't like tibet any more than you like cuba, so what is the difference? You both are an assholes what comes to that.

And talking about the overpopulating? Just for example, do you know how much teen age pregnancies has been growing in the USA on this century? China has been there quite while, in fact it as documented in ancient writings, dates back some 3,300 years, while your country is few hundred years old, so they has been some time to populate their country. They have been there 3300 years, they have been a civilisation long before that time when first europeans came down from the trees, and then there was great gap, which end when some europeans came up with a bright idea to send some left over shit overseas to populate the new country which Columbus has found. In few hundred years your population has grown up to 270 millions, and you are talking about overpopulating of china? Just count how much your population will be in next hundred years, if it grows steadily, and shut the fu*ck up...

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #160 on: August 28, 2008, 02:21:30 PM »
China pays there athletes for getting gold medals.  When I was in Hong Kong about a year out from the 96 Olympics they had ads by local millionaires who whomever offering huge prize money for athletes who won gold medals

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: August 28, 2008, 02:29:27 PM »
Good olympics. missed a lot of weightlifting and mens gymnastics.

Ill remember it for Usain Bolt, sacramone, natalia dobrinska, isinbeyeva.

I dont care much for swimming

Michaeloz

• Getbig II
« Reply #162 on: August 28, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
China pays there athletes for getting gold medals.  When I was in Hong Kong about a year out from the 96 Olympics they had ads by local millionaires who whomever offering huge prize money for athletes who won gold medals
They are paid by the state to be an athlete. It is their full time job up untill the time the state decides they are no longer competitive. Depending on the atheletes success, they will them be offered a government job. Those not successfulwill have to find their own way. The sports system in China is very structured and quite interesting as to how what is allowed.

Moosejay

« Reply #163 on: August 28, 2008, 04:14:58 PM »

your "answer" is EXACTLY why this country is in deep shyt! You're so CERTAIN of you're greatness that you refuse to grow, to learn, to become better. Rome, Babylon, the Macedonians, the Huns, the german have ALL done the same just before they crumbled.

You've lost your KAIZEN, the will to become better everyday while the rest of the world still has got that DRIVE to become better.
It's pathetic really...

Just read my post history

Moosejay

« Reply #164 on: August 28, 2008, 04:17:30 PM »
As an american, you shouldn't make any remarks about human rights, because your own country is a great example when it comes to oppress racial or economical minority's. Don't forget that you live in the most racist country in the world, where black people doesn't have equal rights even this day.  Chinese have their faults, but even so they kick your ass in many ways, not only in olympics. They have higher average IQ, meaning that in similar tests than americans, they score higher points, they have better average mathematics skills, meaning that in similar tests than americans, they score higher points. You can find all of that from the internet, so don't take my word for it, but look at yourself. There is many statistic made by objective international organisations which prove all this and many other things.

When you use a computer, do you know where it has been made? Just about 80% of computer electronics in the world is made in china/asian countries, no matter which brand or type your computer is, so you could say that they have a quite good lead compared to USA. What you have equally important to the modern world? Smith & Wesson, Colt, Remington etc.? Zippo? General Motors? Coca Cola, Big Mac...They own their shares even all those. They are on the leading edge of technology, and they have a manpower to stay there, so it is better to not underestimate them.

I have been in China few times, it is nice place to be on vacation. People are very friendly and hospitality is up on the different level than it is in america. They are your friends, not ass kissers like americans, they share everything with you, not just talking bullshit chit chat like you guys. Wonderful country, even with its faults. I don't use package tours, I just fly there and wonder around few months, living in village motels or as a house quest of some local family. When guy like me, who is finnish and quite big, travels there, there is no troubles what so ever. People come talk to me on the streets, they tell about their life, and when I told them I'm from Finland, they know all about Mika Häkkinen, Kimi Räikkönen, our olympic champions, and some of them knows even Riku Kiri and Jouko Ahola. Nice country, beautiful girls, nice people. Their government and communistic system is a pain in the ass, but it is somewhat necessary in country like that, where third of the people lives houses which has plain ground floors. When they get their systems up and running for democracy, and that isn't very far, that will be something to see for americans and a rest of the world.

You have Iran, Afganistan, and numerous wars in your history, filled with unfathomable injustices, so which way you are better? You don't kill your own citizens like they do? Well, you ship them to some foreign country to be killed "fighting for their country" like in Korea, Vietnam, Panama, Iran and Afganistan, and if that isn't enough, you have 80000 gun related deaths each year in your own country. They have tibet, you have cuba(another nice country, and I love their cigars). They don't like tibet any more than you like cuba, so what is the difference? You both are an assholes what comes to that.

And talking about the overpopulating? Just for example, do you know how much teen age pregnancies has been growing in the USA on this century? China has been there quite while, in fact it as documented in ancient writings, dates back some 3,300 years, while your country is few hundred years old, so they has been some time to populate their country. They have been there 3300 years, they have been a civilisation long before that time when first europeans came down from the trees, and then there was great gap, which end when some europeans came up with a bright idea to send some left over shit overseas to populate the new country which Columbus has found. In few hundred years your population has grown up to 270 millions, and you are talking about overpopulating of china? Just count how much your population will be in next hundred years, if it grows steadily, and shut the fu*ck up...

Didn't read your post, but I am assuming, that in your shithole country, the sun never shines....so sad. Why even get out of bed, fatso?

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #165 on: August 28, 2008, 05:23:37 PM »
Didn't read your post, but I am assuming, that in your shithole country, the sun never shines....so sad. Why even get out of bed, fatso?

Translation = Someone who has English as their second/third language just completely destroyed me. I have no response. I did read his post in awe. Quickly, spit out a generic 'insult'. I win!  ::) 

Moosejay

« Reply #166 on: August 28, 2008, 05:27:42 PM »
Translation = Someone who has English as their second/third language just completely destroyed me. I have no response. I did read his post in awe. Quickly, spit out a generic 'insult'. I win!  ::) 

I did not read it. No winners, toothless, moribund misanthrope.

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #167 on: August 29, 2008, 02:11:27 PM »
China is dominating? LOL!!! 

Gold  Silver  Bronze     TOTAL
1.     United States     29    34       32           95 
2.     China                46    15       22           83

The most important number is the total in medals. About half the gold medals China has are from sports that require judges.  Being the home country, I am surprised they don't have more judges in their pockets. 

USA track and field is criticized, yet how many medals does China have in that sport?

List of total medals in track and field:

Gold  Silver   Bronze    Total
1. USA             4       8        8           20
2. Russia          5       2        3           10
3. Jamaica        5       3        1            9
CHINA              0       0        2            2

If you have really competed in anything before, you would know full well that silver medallists are NOT happy to get the silver, but extremely devasted that they lost the gold.  People go to the Olympics to represent their country and to show the world they are the BEST in their discipline. 

Last time I checked, getting silver and bronze didn't mean you were the best at anything.

CHINA WON the Olympics!  Hands Down!

Moosejay

« Reply #168 on: August 29, 2008, 02:13:11 PM »

If you have really competed in anything before, you would know full well that silver medallists are NOT happy to get the silver, but extremely devasted that they lost the gold.  People go to the Olympics to represent their country and to show the world they are the BEST in their discipline. 

Last time I checked, getting silver and bronze didn't mean you were the best at anything.

Hmmm.

Now that the Olympics have gone from China

What, then

Is China exulting over

Now? ;)

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #169 on: August 29, 2008, 02:28:36 PM »
also add baseball and softball to that, we will pass them for gold medals. haha all the resources, effort and drugs pumped into the chinese olympic athletes could not overcome their inferior oriental genetics for athleticism

The reason the US has the best athletes is because of slavery and their capitalistic approach to sports.
200 yrs of slavery trying to create the strongest and fastest African American worker, gives the US a huge genetic advantage.
US gold medals = Black guys, Michael Phelps and those two female gymnasts.

Could you image if China and their 1.3 billion population were breeding their offsprings with only athletic superiority in mind?

CHINA will continue to win the most golds at the Olympics. 
Their genetic pool is just too big.

Moosejay

« Reply #170 on: August 29, 2008, 02:30:06 PM »

The reason the US has the best athletes is because of slavery and their capitalistic approach to sports.
200 yrs of slavery trying to create the strongest and fastest African American worker, gives the US a huge genetic advantage.
US gold medals = Black guys, Michael Phelps and those two female gymnasts.

Could you image if China and their 1.3 billion population were breeding their offsprings with only athletic superiority in mind?

CHINA will continue to win the most golds at the Olympics. 
Their genetic pool is just too big.
'
The people will eventually revolt.

Wouldn't you?

'China' will crumble like a fortune cookie.

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #171 on: August 29, 2008, 03:29:19 PM »
'
The people will eventually revolt.

Wouldn't you?

'China' will crumble like a fortune cookie.

China will eventually switch over to democracy.
This will only benefit them.
no revolt is necessary.

how is China really different than the US?
They favor the rich and dont care about the poor.
New Orleans was just sick on USA's part.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #172 on: August 29, 2008, 09:08:33 PM »

China will eventually switch over to democracy.

Not anytime soon. Go back 1000 years and what kind of government did they have?

This will only benefit them.
no revolt is necessary.

Actually, the current situation seems to work well for the ruling class there (the Communist Party). I do lots of business with the Chinese and in my daily communications you always see  an underlying fear of the government.

how is China really different than the US?
They favor the rich and dont care about the poor.

Every culture behaves this way. Go to France, Australia, Canada, anywhere. Money and power always win.

New Orleans was just sick on USA's part.

What? Now the federal government is responsible for 1) hurricanes and 2) instructing a STATE to take precautions? The state has to request the aid of the federal government first. That's why its called the "UNITED STATES" of America. And if you have been to New Orleans, you scratch your head as to why anyone would live there, in regards to storms. The city is below sea level. If you drive across the state of Louisiana, at the southern end, you will observe that most of the roads are on elevated bridges. So after a while you would think common sense would prevail and people would not live in a massive floodplain. But it's a free country and people can choose to live where they want. But don't expect me, a US taxpayer, to want to keep bailing these people out who won't recognize the obvious.

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #173 on: August 29, 2008, 09:17:10 PM »

I have competed, and still do, as a bicycle racer. I am quite happy to get a silver medal in the state road race championships. So I didn't get gold. The other guy was better. But I am still 2nd best, and beat a lot of other people. Devastation? Huh?

Now silver or bronze at the Olympics doesn't mean you were the best at anything? Do you actually know anyone who was good enough to get a silver medal or bronze medal in the Olympics?  I do. I am good friends with Steve Bauer, the Canadian silver medalist in cycling in LA. He told me that although he was disappointed at not getting gold, the silver medal was a dream.

And what did China win? (or any other country that leads in Olympic Gold medals)?  I hope their people are ecstatic and have great pride. But at the end of the day, people go back to work and lead their lives. It's still the Olympic GAMES. Not the Olympic "WORLD WAR". Nobody dies because they lost.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #174 on: August 29, 2008, 09:24:26 PM »
whoa. I'm going to Fiesta... and when I get back.... none of you motherfuckers better be here.