Author Topic: New Metallica song  (Read 7997 times)

Sexual Mustard

• Getbig III
  • DC Comics Pro and TEAM MUSCLECENTER
Re: New Metallica song
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2008, 09:38:44 PM »
this is music

absolutely mesmerizing....

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #51 on: August 28, 2008, 02:57:29 AM »
Greatest band of all time!

The first four albums were great, "Kill'em All" being the 4th best of that group IMO. The "Black" album, just as good as Puppets or Justice. it has better production quality, that's the major difference in that album from the first four and for some reason some view this as wrong in the metal world...makes no sense. The "Black" album is as metal as any metal album ever.

"Load" & "Re-Load" good albums, but not as good as the first five...still good though. If any other band in the world had done either of those albums they would have been huge hits. Metallica is like an actor that gets type cast and if he ventures from that even slightly people hate it. "King Nothing" "Ain't My Bitch" "Fuel" "The Memory Remains" all fantastic songs.

"S&M" hit or miss, a few songs are actually better though on this album i.e. "No Leaf Clover" "Hero of the Day"

"Garage INC" decent cover album, "Mercyful Fate" Whiskey in the Jar" good songs.

"St. Anger" awful...even Metallica will admit this. Horrible production quality, even worse with the drums and that odd sounding snare they put in there...just plain bad.

"Death Magnetic" the first two songs released, there is nothing wrong with these songs. "The Day that Never Comes" very much along the lines of "Fade to Black" with the first half, and when it kicks in, some very familiar riffs comparable to "...And Justice for ALL." "My Apocalypse" very reminiscent of "Dyers Eve"...fantastic intro.

Metallica, greatest band of all time!

Agreed.  I think Load is damn solid album.  Reload, slightly less solid but still good and if it were anyone else's it would be an AWESOME album.  St. Anger is almost unlistenable and DM sounds like it's going to be ok.

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #52 on: August 28, 2008, 03:42:10 AM »
They suck.

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: August 28, 2008, 04:56:22 AM »
black album was way more mainstream than the first 4.
yes production quality was better, but the other albums did not have catchy singles like 'enter sandman'

agree with you sort of on load/reload.
good albums, but bad metallica albums.
good songs were unforgiven 2, bleeding me, outlaw torn (personal favorite)

st anger was indeed a lame ass effort POS.

the new album is not exactly comparable to AJFA, not at all really.

the 2nd half of day that never comes sounds like a disjointed jam session without any semeblence of a structure.

Cyanide is an extremely terrible sounding turd of a song. Hopefully that is the only one.

Greatest band of all time!

The first four albums were great, "Kill'em All" being the 4th best of that group IMO. The "Black" album, just as good as Puppets or Justice. it has better production quality, that's the major difference in that album from the first four and for some reason some view this as wrong in the metal world...makes no sense. The "Black" album is as metal as any metal album ever.

"Load" & "Re-Load" good albums, but not as good as the first five...still good though. If any other band in the world had done either of those albums they would have been huge hits. Metallica is like an actor that gets type cast and if he ventures from that even slightly people hate it. "King Nothing" "Ain't My Bitch" "Fuel" "The Memory Remains" all fantastic songs.

"S&M" hit or miss, a few songs are actually better though on this album i.e. "No Leaf Clover" "Hero of the Day"

"Garage INC" decent cover album, "Mercyful Fate" Whiskey in the Jar" good songs.

"St. Anger" awful...even Metallica will admit this. Horrible production quality, even worse with the drums and that odd sounding snare they put in there...just plain bad.

"Death Magnetic" the first two songs released, there is nothing wrong with these songs. "The Day that Never Comes" very much along the lines of "Fade to Black" with the first half, and when it kicks in, some very familiar riffs comparable to "...And Justice for ALL." "My Apocalypse" very reminiscent of "Dyers Eve"...fantastic intro.

Metallica, greatest band of all time!

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #54 on: August 28, 2008, 06:28:39 AM »
Black Album.....
Everything after that is crap..saint anger ahahaha what a disgrace  ::)

ironneck

• Getbig V
  • team young getbiggers
« Reply #55 on: August 28, 2008, 08:01:54 AM »
absolutely mesmerizing....

it's fucking great

Bobby

• Getbig V
  • is da lordes plan
tank u jesus

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: September 05, 2008, 05:22:11 AM »
They've got another 3 songs up on their site, http://metallica.com/index.asp?item=601197.  Serisously, this is some of the best guitar work ever for them, but for the first time James is not doin as well as the other guys...kind of ruins it slightly.

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2008, 05:58:29 AM »
Be patient people, this is the best Metallica record since Master of Puppets.......

The 3 songs that are out already, My Apocolypse, The Day That Never Comes and Cyanide are the worst 3 on the record.

Judas Kiss, All Nightmare Long, Broken Beat & Scarred , End of the Line and This was just your life, are going to blow people away.

These are all 7-8 minute classic 80's style Metallica...

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2008, 06:02:33 AM »
Judas kiss, all nightmare long, broken beat scarred are all good.  Seriously if they can mix the vocals of Black album-S&M with the metal of Justice/Master...then you've got something almost un-beatable, but the vocals aren't there on this one.

Motorbreath

• Getbig III
  • What goes around comes around.....
« Reply #60 on: September 05, 2008, 06:48:35 AM »
Judas kiss, all nightmare long, broken beat scarred are all good.  Seriously if they can mix the vocals of Black album-S&M with the metal of Justice/Master...then you've got something almost un-beatable, but the vocals aren't there on this one.

I disagree, maybe you are listening to a bad copy, on clean versions, I think this record is some of Hetfields strongest vocals in years.

I know some of the MP3 leaks are very shitty quality.

bigguns23

• Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: September 05, 2008, 07:20:20 AM »
I disagree, maybe you are listening to a bad copy, on clean versions, I think this record is some of Hetfields strongest vocals in years.

I know some of the MP3 leaks are very shitty quality.
[/quote

Ageed totally bro

m8

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: September 05, 2008, 07:21:40 AM »
They're now listed as "modern rock" on metal-archives. Hahahaa, owned shitallica.
But it's no news, they haven't produced anything "metal" since 1986.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=125

slayer

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2008, 08:07:29 AM »
They're now listed as "modern rock" on metal-archives. Hahahaa, owned shitallica.
But it's no news, they haven't produced anything "metal" since 1986.

http://www.metal-archives.com/band.php?id=125
exactly , I laugh at the fangirls that think the black album is classic metallica!

metallica died with cliff, after that it has become a bubble gum pop band for the masses.

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #64 on: September 22, 2008, 06:34:08 PM »
I think the first 4 minutes is an ok song (nothing like the old days) the 2nd half of the song is a mish mash jam session that sounds like several different songs cover attempts.

That is the same thing I thought

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #65 on: September 22, 2008, 06:42:11 PM »
exactly , I laugh at the fangirls that think the black album is classic metallica!

metallica died with cliff, after that it has become a bubble gum pop band for the masses.

I liked ...And Justice for All a lot!

Arnold jr

• Getbig V
  • fleshandiron.com
« Reply #66 on: September 24, 2008, 11:49:10 PM »
Whatever kind of metal you want to call it, it is metal all the same. The big difference in that album compered to the previous ones is nothing more then production quality. How does that make a metal album, non metal?

Sorry but Jason Newsted is a far better bass player then Cliff Burton...he's actually one of the better bass players in the music world. Cliff was a good bassist, that's true, but a lot of people like him over Jason simply because he is from some of the older albums.