Author Topic: Distilled Water.  (Read 5396 times)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
Re: Distilled Water.
« Reply #25 on: September 10, 2008, 08:51:33 PM »
  This is utter garbage. Pseudo-science at it's best. Hey, Princess L, our cells use adenosine triphosphate, so drinking it would affect our cells. Hey, Princess L, our cells contain amino acids, so eating them must affect our cells.

This is garbage because, first of all, we don't even know what the significance of the fact that our cells have a magnetic field is, which means that we are unclear whether increasing or decreasing the strengh of this magnetic field would have either a positive or negative effect on our healths. Then, there's the fact that this magnetic field is created by the cell itself, and whatever electromagnetic properties a water we drink may have, it does not affect our cells in any way, shape or form.

For cake sake, you people should really enroll at a hard science or math course at university. It will do you people a helluva good in learning how to think logically and factually. The amount of pseudo-scientific nonsense you people spill is off-the-charts. I may not see eye-to-eye with Usmokepole on a lot of issues, but at least he is logical in his arguments and actually uses facts to argue his points and not make believe, just so stories.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Lighten up Francis.   ;)

I was merely pointing out a couple of points made in the links ~ not agreeing nor disagreeing with them.

Take home message:

The use of magnetized water in the treatment of chronic disease is still in the infancy stage of investigation. It will be decades before the science of magnetized water is fully understood.

If one understands and accepts that each of our cells possess a small magnetic field, as many research studies are now supporting, the logical conclusion that magnetic water has the ability to affect our cells must be taken seriously.

:

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: September 10, 2008, 10:57:54 PM »
Take home message:

The use of magnetized water in the treatment of chronic disease is still in the infancy stage of investigation. It will be decades before the science of magnetized water is fully understood.

If one understands and accepts that each of our cells possess a small magnetic field, as many research studies are now supporting, the logical conclusion that magnetic water has the ability to affect our cells must be taken seriously.

An excerpt from:
The Stewardship Of Water
by Joseph Bender

There was a time in the history of our species when we lived in the awareness of our inseparability from all of nature- the mineral kingdom, plant kingdom, animal kingdom, and cosmic kingdom. In this harmonious relationship we freely exchanged energy within each kingdom. The proper exchange of energy between natural systems always creates a surplus of energy not a depletion. This was a time when man's spiritual nature and scientific pursuits were inseparable and aligned as a cohesive force for understanding truth. These were times when rhythms and cycles within man and within nature were ritualized that they might be fully comprehended. The dynamic rituals and symbols became an outward expression of inward connection to the all. Centered around this harmony and sacredness of early man, water was always the symbol of the life processes. Water exists within almost every religious system as the pinnacle of expression of this interconnection with all of life.

Water is the great mediator. We are gathered to understand water's role as mediator between the energetic and material world, between that of pure light and that of matter. By having no inherent form of its own, water embraces the form of everything it comes in contact with. While laying aside any life of its own- it becomes the carrier of life and the chief communication channel between life energies. It functions as accumulator, transmitter and transducer of energies. This mediator of energetic systems is continually transferring life processes from one system to another in its helical evolutionary manner.

--------

There's an interesting DVD about to be released on September 17th 2008 called "Water"

You can check out the trailer here:  ===>
Water
w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #27 on: September 11, 2008, 02:36:51 AM »
I have a bridge to sell you people.  Not just any bridge.  It's a magic bridge.  It spans the gap between being and consciousness, and conducts the all pervading energy of life along its rightful channel, bringing harmony and oneness to the rightful interconnection of the life process energy .  It's magical!  Magical!

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #28 on: September 11, 2008, 02:51:28 AM »
Let's just imagine hypothetically that for some reason you're unable to get your pure fancy-pants distilled water anymore, you're gonna have no resistance to the common germs and shit in the water and you'll most likely get pretty ill.  You can't go around living in a sterile bubble forever.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #29 on: September 12, 2008, 08:16:08 AM »
However, I would only suggest that you actually try some and see how you feel.
See if you don't notice any difference in the way you feel, and the way your body responds.

I've drank naturally magnetized water (hand bottled) and it is amazing what an incredible difference I found.

Why not try it, ...see if you like it?

The Body/Mind Connection
Medical science is only beginning to understand the ways in which the mind influences the body. The placebo effect, for example, demonstrates that people can at times cause a relief in medical symptoms or suffering by believing the cures to be effective - whether they actually are or not. Using processes only poorly understood, the body's ability to heal itself is far more amazing than anything modern medicine could create.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2008, 08:59:06 AM »
46 million affected by trace drugs in drinking water

Story Highlights
  • AP stories prompted federal and local legislative hearings, testing, disclosure
  • Stories led officials in 27 areas to analyze their drinking water
  • Drugs detected in water testing in Georgia, Nevada, Alabama and Colorado
  • The overwhelming majority of U.S. cities have not tested drinking water

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/conditions/09/11/pharma.testing.water.ap/

suckmymuscle

« Reply #31 on: September 16, 2008, 02:23:26 AM »
Lighten up Francis.   ;)

I was merely pointing out a couple of points made in the links ~ not agreeing nor disagreeing with them.

The problem that I have with your posts, Princess L, is that for the most part you have no idea what you're talking about, and you try to pass on your pseudo-scientific ramblings as facts. You don't provide a shred of evidence for anything you claim, or try to even come up with a logical explanation for how your concoctions might work. And stop calling me Francis. This is not the first time you call me this, and it's not my name.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

suckmymuscle

« Reply #32 on: September 16, 2008, 02:31:06 AM »
Let's just imagine hypothetically that for some reason you're unable to get your pure fancy-pants distilled water anymore, you're gonna have no resistance to the common germs and shit in the water and you'll most likely get pretty ill.  You can't go around living in a sterile bubble forever.

Do you have any evidence for this? Peoples who live in Papua New Guinea get all of their water from coconuts, and coconut water is completely devoid of all germs and bacterias and they don't seem to have any problems for it. You are constantly getting bacteria inside your system by breathing and touching stuff, so it's not like it matters anyway. The bacteria in water are also present in the air you breath and the food you eat - even organic produce and fruits -, so it souldn't matter regardless. I drink distilled water to avoid Chlorine, Mercury and other harmful inorganic minerals as well as fungicides that are present in tap or filtered water and not to avoid bacteria, which is something completely futile because it's impossible.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Get Rowdy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2008, 03:30:33 AM »
Do you have any evidence for this? Peoples who live in Papua New Guinea get all of their water from coconuts, and coconut water is completely devoid of all germs and bacterias and they don't seem to have any problems for it. You are constantly getting bacteria inside your system by breathing and touching stuff, so it's not like it matters anyway. The bacteria in water are also present in the air you breath and the food you eat - even organic produce and fruits -, so it souldn't matter regardless. I drink distilled water to avoid Chlorine, Mercury and other harmful inorganic minerals as well as fungicides that are present in tap or filtered water and not to avoid bacteria, which is something completely futile because it's impossible.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sounds good regarding the germs/bacteria.

Do you think you'd get sick if you had to drink normal tap water because you're not used to the chlorine, mercury, and shit?

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2008, 05:11:42 AM »
  The problem that I have with your posts, Princess L, is that for the most part you have no idea what you're talking about, and you try to pass on your pseudo-scientific ramblings as facts. You don't provide a shred of evidence for anything you claim, or try to even come up with a logical explanation for how your concoctions might work. And stop calling me Francis. This is not the first time you call me this, and it's not my name.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Ignorant as I was, I am less so now because of PL's presence on the board.  She doesn't throw her hat into every scuffle, but what she posts has big time merit.  Some of the best threads and most informative posts have been hers.  Also, I dig her "here's some more info, draw your own conclusion" approach, as opposed to lots of guy's (including my own) approach of "Wrong.  I'm going to correct you."

You can probably dig up something she said and determine it to be incorrect, but you're going to have a tough time showing her to be a detriment to the board.*

*even though I'm pretty sure she's the one who deleted my particularly wise-assed comment to Jag in this thread.  8)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2008, 05:51:10 AM »
*even though I'm pretty sure she's the one who deleted my particularly wise-assed comment to Jag in this thread.  8)

I personally thought your comment was very funny.  I followed it with an image of Magneto, but my post got deleted too.  No sense of humor left on this board.    :(

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #36 on: September 16, 2008, 09:24:33 AM »
a thought...

... the process of distilling water removes many necessary nutrients from the water. One would need to replenish those nutrients via another route, such as multi-vitamins or mineral supplements.

Mehbeh.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2008, 11:45:48 AM »
Ignorant as I was, I am less so now because of PL's presence on the board.  She doesn't throw her hat into every scuffle, but what she posts has big time merit.  Some of the best threads and most informative posts have been hers.  Also, I dig her "here's some more info, draw your own conclusion" approach, as opposed to lots of guy's (including my own) approach of "Wrong.  I'm going to correct you."

You can probably dig up something she said and determine it to be incorrect, but you're going to have a tough time showing her to be a detriment to the board.*

*even though I'm pretty sure she's the one who deleted my particularly wise-assed comment to Jag in this thread.  8)

I personally thought your comment was very funny.  I followed it with an image of Magneto, but my post got deleted too.  No sense of humor left on this board.    :(

Thank you for your words of support TW.  You're right, I try not to jump into threads where a perfectly legitimate discussion is taking place, even if it is heated.  There are times too where I have absolutely no interest and/or education in the topic, or I simply don't have the time to engage.

In the case of this thread, I'm fairly neutral on the subject as I've heard pros and cons, but mostly cons from reliable and more educated sources.  Specifically on the magnatized H2O, I merely was pointing out a couple of quotes of the author - ie; food for thought.

When it comes to Jag, she can hold her own.  I realize she is not a favorite among many, but she does often offer up interesting insight (mostly on other boards), whether you agree with her or not.  In this particular case, the only *edit* performed by me as a MOD was to remove one word, which would be considered in violation of forum rule #1 (I don't believe it was in one of your posts TW)

As one of many MODS, trust me, I am not one to censor for the sake of someone's feelings, misinformation or stupidity.

Carry on... ;)

Lighten up Francis.   ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Sheesh ~ the last thing anyone could ever accuse me of is rambling.
Sorry if I've offended you with the Francis reference.  You obviously don't know where that sarcasm came from.  Shall I call you by your REAL name Pedro?
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #38 on: September 16, 2008, 12:34:25 PM »
I personally thought your comment was very funny.  I followed it with an image of Magneto, but my post got deleted too.

Sorry, wasn't me  :-\

No sense of humor left on this board.    :(

:

suckmymuscle

« Reply #39 on: September 17, 2008, 09:12:34 AM »

Do you think you'd get sick if you had to drink normal tap water because you're not used to the chlorine, mercury, and shit?

Why would one want to get used to ingesting toxic metals? I don't know if I'm getting more sick than most people who drink tape water are if I drink it after a long time only drinking distilled water. Maybe yes, maybe no. The thing is that you shouldn't get used to drinking toxic poisons in the same way you shouldn't get used to banging your head against the wall. Saying that you should get used to the toxic poisons in tap water because some day it might be your only option is analogous to saying that you should get used to banging your head against the wall because some day you might need to break something really hard with your head. There is no point in getting used to certain things.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

black_lightning

• Getbig II
  • I'm coming!
« Reply #40 on: November 01, 2008, 05:18:22 PM »
Nobody has brought up the fact that Flouride is being added to our tap water also. Flouride use to be used as Rat Poison
and is instrumental in memory loss, illness, etc... The stuff is toxic, look it up!