Author Topic: How many people here actually believe prayer has an affect on anything?  (Read 35561 times)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: How many people here actually believe prayer has an affect on anything?
« Reply #100 on: August 24, 2008, 02:35:01 PM »
The concentration of the conciousness give certain influence in the space and movement of particle.
----Roger Penrose http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roger_Penrose

With this theory, you can express the supernatural phenomenon caused by Pray(Concentration of conciousness).

And also, another aspects.---------Dowsing---------Why we know the place where there is water? We know everything? Our conciousness is connected to everything?????????

Coming soon in my blog!! ;D

big L dawg

• Getbig V
  • i always tell the truth even when i lie...
« Reply #101 on: August 24, 2008, 02:35:21 PM »
decide are u aethist or sumthing weird?
yea man r u aethist or weird? bahahahaaha fukin sheep
DAWG

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #102 on: August 24, 2008, 02:35:38 PM »
There are actually 21,414 of us already

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?action=mlist

Don't be offensive, some of them are in the 12" sect.

musclehedz

• Getbig IV
« Reply #103 on: August 24, 2008, 02:38:09 PM »
granted through the grace of god :-*

No, you control your own body and mind. Or do you believe god has some remote device available for himself to control every believer on earth?

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #104 on: August 24, 2008, 02:40:21 PM »
No, you control your own body and mind. Or do you believe god has some remote device available for himself to control every believer on earth?
Read this book. You will flipp out
http://www.amazon.com/Mind-Time-Consciousness-Perspectives-Neuroscience/dp/067401846X/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1219613970&sr=8-1

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #105 on: August 24, 2008, 02:47:29 PM »
granted through the grace of god :-*
I haven't yet met an Irishman that didn't have issues of faith.   ;)

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #106 on: August 24, 2008, 02:47:45 PM »
And also, From a point of view of philosophy.
We dont have free will, WE ARE THE SLAVE OF CAUSALITY AND EFFECT!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #108 on: August 24, 2008, 02:52:41 PM »
here's a thought...

You know how the universe is expanding at 800 mile per second or whatever...  that's predetermined, right?  Determined by whatever caused it.

The way the planets and rocks rotate around each of those stars.... pre-determined by the original energy that started it all.

The way water forms, life evolves, rocks fall from the sky onto earth... that's all controlled by the original energy that caused the Big bang.

The way ants and lions act... all controlled by the set of circumstances and events from the big bang, which was caused by energy.

Why would people be any different?  Why wouldn't we be like every other lion, ant, waterfall, meteor, moon, planet, star, and galaxy... controlled by nothing but outside events predetermined by the original energy?

If you think you have free will, that's because the original energy gave you that perception.  Did you choose to be born?  will you choose to get cancer of the ass one day?  Did you choose your parents, or the water and air around you?

What have you chosen?  the way you interact with the people and esources around you (which incidentcally were given to you by chance, by the original energy)?

To me, if all the bigger events in the universe were predetermind by a bigger energy, then you and I sure were too.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #109 on: August 24, 2008, 02:53:47 PM »
Pseudo philosphy unfortunally.
This is not a book of philosophy.
Its a book of the neuro science based on many experiment.

Our free will late too much after our brain prepare for action...

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #110 on: August 24, 2008, 03:01:30 PM »
This is not a book of philosophy.
Its a book of the neuro science based on many experiment.

Our free will late too much after our brain prepare for action...

Of course it's not philosophy, but the author claims to explain things that are not subject to science. Since he does so believing he still operates from within science, he is a pseudo-philospher. Neuro science cannot say anything substantial about consciousness or free will. That is just a misconception of some scientists, like Libet. His observations on the mentioned time delay have nothing to do with free will.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #111 on: August 24, 2008, 03:04:50 PM »
here's a thought...

You know how the universe is expanding at 800 mile per second or whatever...  that's predetermined, right?  Determined by whatever caused it.

The way the planets and rocks rotate around each of those stars.... pre-determined by the original energy that started it all.

The way water forms, life evolves, rocks fall from the sky onto earth... that's all controlled by the original energy that caused the Big bang.

The way ants and lions act... all controlled by the set of circumstances and events from the big bang, which was caused by energy.

Why would people be any different?  Why wouldn't we be like every other lion, ant, waterfall, meteor, moon, planet, star, and galaxy... controlled by nothing but outside events predetermined by the original energy?

If you think you have free will, that's because the original energy gave you that perception.  Did you choose to be born?  will you choose to get cancer of the ass one day?  Did you choose your parents, or the water and air around you?

What have you chosen?  the way you interact with the people and esources around you (which incidentcally were given to you by chance, by the original energy)?

To me, if all the bigger events in the universe were predetermind by a bigger energy, then you and I sure were too.

Not bad, but the term "energy" is a bit worn out. For a sect leader, you must at least invent a new word for it.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #112 on: August 24, 2008, 03:05:29 PM »
Born again christian in my work says

earth is less than 6000 years old and this is proved due to rates of erosion
noah actually built an ark literally
and the whole universe moves around the earth...thisis a theory called geo centricity

The last one is absurd

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #113 on: August 24, 2008, 03:13:05 PM »
Of course it's not philosophy, but the author claims to explain things that are not subject to science. Since he does so believing he still operates from within science, he is a pseudo-philospher. Neuro science cannot say anything substantial about consciousness or free will. That is just a misconception of some scientists, like Libet. His observations on the mentioned time delay have nothing to do with free will.
I see. Good point.
The problem always come from the defenition. And it is the most difficult theme and personaly i think impossible.

In my notion, from my experience of Taoism training, 100% of our movement is coming from the underconciousness and we believe that it is  free will superficialy. Thats why i relationed the free will with delay of the will.

And also, the quantum theory,Each foton move uncertainly but when they are many,move like wave.
Humanbeing behave like that also. When you see the big movement of society, you see certain tendency as if we are controled in some equation..

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #114 on: August 24, 2008, 03:14:55 PM »
Not bad, but the term "energy" is a bit worn out. For a sect leader, you must at least invent a new word for it.

I'm too lazy to go starting a cult.  i'll just spew 20 seconds' worth of furious typing, skip the spellcheck, and then forget about the thread.  it's what i'm pre-determiend to do.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #115 on: August 24, 2008, 03:15:11 PM »
So you are daying "prayer" did NOT work due to their outcomes?

But what about millions of other patients that "do" pray, and they survive?

Look, nobody knows. You tell me to prove God exists, I say prove he doesn't. I dont believe the bible in LITERAL TERMS, but, i cant say its not possible

By that rationale everything is possible.

Method101

• Getbig V
« Reply #116 on: August 24, 2008, 03:18:38 PM »
Only a moron prays.

Atheism is the only rational choice.
I agree.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #117 on: August 24, 2008, 03:19:55 PM »
I'm too lazy to go starting a cult.  i'll just spew 20 seconds' worth of furious typing, skip the spellcheck, and then forget about the thread.  it's what i'm pre-determiend to do.

Great, now we're getting somewhere, a cult leader must always claim indifference. Plus the furious typing stuff clearly indicates that it's really not you writing, but something is writing through you. I could be your spin doctor, the following would be huge.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #118 on: August 24, 2008, 03:29:27 PM »
I see. Good point.
The problem always come from the defenition. And it is the most difficult theme and personaly i think impossible.

In my notion, from my experience of Taoism training, 100% of our movement is coming from the underconciousness and we believe that it is  free will superficialy. Thats why i relationed the free will with delay of the will.

And also, the quantum theory,Each foton move uncertainly but when they are many,move like wave.
Humanbeing behave like that also. When you see the big movement of society, you see certain tendency as if we are controled in some equation..

IMO it's always dangerous to use scientific concepts like quantum theory for philosophic purposes. That is because in the scientific world, these concepts are nothing more than an imagination behind mathematic formulas, although many scientists overlook this fact. This imagination however should (and can) only serve one purpose: easier understanding of the formulas and starting the creative process to generate new scientific theories. The concepts itself have no real meaning in science. If you imagine completely different concepts behind the same set of mathematical formulas, it makes no difference to science at all.

So in fact your contemplations about e.g. matter vs. wave do not really have any basis in science, rather these concepts are borrowed by science from what was already there in the first place.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #119 on: August 24, 2008, 03:34:44 PM »
IMO it's always dangerous to use scientific concepts like quantum theory for philosophic purposes. That is because in the scientific world, these concepts are nothing more than an imagination behind mathematic formulas, although many scientists overlook this fact. This imagination however should (and can) only serve one purpose: easier understanding of the formulas and starting the creative process to generate new scientific theories. The concepts itself have no real meaning in science. If you imagine completely different concepts behind the same set of mathematical formulas, it makes no difference to science at all.

So in fact your contemplations about e.g. matter vs. wave do not really have any basis in science, rather these concepts are borrowed by science from what was already there in the first place.
Hahahahahhahahaha. You are not normal person arnt you? ;D
You are godamn right! ;D
There is no such a thing which indicate absolute truth. ;D

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: August 24, 2008, 03:38:00 PM »
Kyomu

Shouldn't you be off worshipping the Emperor or something?

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #121 on: August 24, 2008, 03:41:14 PM »
Hahahahahhahahaha. You are not normal person arnt you? ;D
You are godamn right! ;D
There is no such a thing which indicate absolute truth. ;D

You're absolutely right, I'm an Austrian Superman, like Arnold.  ;D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #122 on: August 24, 2008, 03:44:19 PM »
Kyomu

Shouldn't you be off worshipping the Emperor or something?

He is already.  ;D

arce377

• Getbig IV
  • ARCE DO SAN MARTIALARTS SCHOOL
« Reply #123 on: August 24, 2008, 03:47:05 PM »
"God does NOT play dice with the Universe."
  - Albert Einstein
ARCE
DOSAN DOJO

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: August 24, 2008, 03:50:13 PM »

The guy managed to talk for nearly eight minutes without actually saying anything.   

I want my eight minutes back!  >:(

You will never get those eight minutes back.

Say Sayonora