Author Topic: Richard Dawkins Documentary: The Enemies of Reason  (Read 5186 times)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
Richard Dawkins Documentary: The Enemies of Reason
« on: August 26, 2008, 08:50:21 AM »

I hate the State.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
Re: Richard Dawkins Documentary: The Enemies of Reason
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:30 AM »
This kind of debate always making me laugh.

Reason? Wahahahahhahah Thats a RELIGION or SUPERSTITION called REASON!

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2008, 08:54:50 AM »
BEST PROGRAM EVER!

EVERYBODY SHOULD OWN OR WATCH IT!

His new one about Darwin is awesome as well.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2008, 09:04:23 AM »
This kind of debate always making me laugh.

Reason? Wahahahahhahah Thats a RELIGION or SUPERSTITION called REASON!

Uhmm....no.
I hate the State.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 09:16:39 AM »
Uhmm....no.
Ok. My friend.
Explain to you.

All the reason is constructed with certain concept made of a defenition.
For example, before the quantum theory of now a day, nobody belived in uncertain principle and everybody was believeing in Newton physic which is every move is certain and precise in this universe.
So automaticaly every physics theorys of that days are made from the base of Newton physic that the scientists of now a day deny 100%.
And that old science is like a SUPERSTICION for the present scientists.

From this reason, esoteric magic was believed as the science of that epoc.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=405018828&blogID=425221436&MyToken=d4cc5466-afec-4f48-a8e6-f5f14938beee

One day, our reason, science will be called supersticon.

Look. Everything is changing and NOT EVOLUTION.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:29:57 AM »
Ok. My friend.
Explain to you.

All the reason is constructed with certain concept made of a defenition.
For example, before the quantum theory of now a day, nobody belived in uncertain principle and everybody was believeing in Newton physic which is every move is certain and precise in this universe.
So automaticaly every physics theorys of that days are made from the base of Newton physic that the scientists of now a day deny 100%.
And that old science is like a SUPERSTICION for the present scientists.

From this reason, esoteric magic was believed as the science of that epoc.
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=405018828&blogID=425221436&MyToken=d4cc5466-afec-4f48-a8e6-f5f14938beee

One day, our reason, science will be called supersticon.

Look. Everything is changing and NOT EVOLUTION.

Experts in Quantum Theory, that is real physicists have trouble grasping it; for this reason whenever laypeople begin to talk about it I know they are talking bullshit.

I hate the State.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2008, 09:59:26 AM »

Ha ha ha ha..I love Dawkins and agree with everything he says, but he gets way too upset by stupid people and their stupidity. He should just stop trying to make stupid people realize how stupid they are, and let them live their lives stupidly. Intelligence is genetic after all, and trying to make dummies analyse reality like scientists is self-defeating.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2008, 10:05:14 AM »
  Ha ha ha ha..I love Dawkins and agree with everything he says, but he gets way too upset by stupid people and their stupidity. He should just stop trying to make stupid people realize how stupid they are, and let them live their lives stupidly. Intelligence is genetic after all, and trying to make dummies analyse reality like scientists is self-defeating.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Why do you insist on signing every post?
I hate the State.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2008, 10:19:45 AM »
Why do you insist on signing every post?

I have already addressed this issue before.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 10:21:31 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Please provide the relevant link to your addressing of this issue.

DEICIDE
I hate the State.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 10:24:44 AM »
You guys are funny. We get it. You don't believe in God. Where you're wrong is assuming everyone who does is stupid, and that's your overriding point. Your opinion is countered by many who have the opposite view and quite honestly the average atheist looks pretty stupid to them.  It's easy to trot out just as many genius's who believe in God as those who don't. Bottom line is, you don't really know anything for sure do you?

suckmymuscle

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 10:29:12 AM »
Please provide the relevant link to your addressing of this issue.

DEICIDE

It happened years ago. Establishing a link is not possible, since the thread where the issue was addressed was not archived in the database.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 10:31:29 AM »
You guys are funny. We get it. You don't believe in God. Where you're wrong is assuming everyone who does is stupid, and that's your overriding point. Your opinion is countered by many who have the opposite view and quite honestly the average atheist looks pretty stupid to them.  It's easy to trot out just as many genius's who believe in God as those who don't. Bottom line is, you don't really know anything for sure do you?

Hardly. 95% of the members of the national academy of sciences are atheists, e.g.
I hate the State.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 10:39:33 AM »
Hardly. 95% of the members of the national academy of sciences are atheists, e.g.
You don't know that.........and if it were true, it doesn't mean there is no God.    I really don't want to go any further with this, bottom line is you don't know anything for sure do you.       ( Derogatory response to follow....watch )

suckmymuscle

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 10:40:17 AM »

The overriding point is that believing in something in faifth value can be used for many other things besides God. For instance, I can claim that there are fairies that exist in a parallel dimension, and if you asked me for proof I could simply claim that it is a matter of faifth, and that the dimension that the fairies inhabit is not composed of either matter or energy, meaning that there is not way get evidence for their existence since any evidence must be, a priori, something that involves either matter or energy since only matter and energy can exist in our Universe - so, since the evidence for the existence of the fairies cannot exist in our Universe, then you can't disprove my claim that the fairies exist for lack of evidence. Understand? As for scientists who believe in God, some do, but most are agnostic. The laws of physics break down when trying to explain the origin of the Bing Bang, so some scientists make concession and admit that there is something that transcends physics and even perhaps logic, and are thus agnostic but seldom theistic. Nevertheless, most scientists are indeed atheists, and most people at the higher percentiles of intelligence are too.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

dantelis

• Getbig IV
  • Mesmerizing, isn't it.
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 10:50:29 AM »
For those of you who like to read and don't have time to watch 10 video clips:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Enemies_of_Reason.

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 10:58:49 AM »
 The overriding point is that believing in something in faifth value can be used for many other things besides God. For instance, I can claim that there are fairies that exist in a parallel dimension, and if you asked me for proof I could simply claim that it is a matter of faifth, and that the dimension that the fairies inhabit is not composed of either matter or energy, meaning that there is not way get evidence for their existence since any evidence must be, a priori, something that involves either matter or energy since only matter and energy can exist in our Universe - so, since the evidence for the existence of the fairies cannot exist in our Universe, then you can't disprove my claim that the fairies exist for lack of evidence. Understand? As for scientists who believe in God, some do, but most are agnostic. The laws of physics break down when trying to explain the origin of the Bing Bang, so some scientists make concession and admit that there is something that transcends physics and even perhaps logic, and are thus agnostic but seldom theistic. Nevertheless, most scientists are indeed atheists, and most people at the higher percentiles of intelligence are too.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
Painting a picture of a person who blieves in God as backward and stupid can be countered by the picture of your average atheist with the high I.Q. ( as you say), wearing a ponytail, a borderline anarchist, having all the answers but jobless and maybe a professional street protestor. Hardly the picture of reason.   Extreme, but not more extreme as your view of those who are religious.

Zaphod

• Getbig IV
  • IFBB Mr Canada 1970
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 11:19:26 AM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

FUCK YOU

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 12:29:28 PM »
Yes, yes, science is better than superstition. The rest of his gibberish is just delusion of grandeur on his side. Someone who honestly thinks he can critique religion with such unbelievably simple-mined platitudes just can't be taken seriously.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 12:32:58 PM »
FUCK YOU

Ha ha ha...what an angry retard. Are you having your period, honey?

SUCKMYMUSCLE

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 12:36:36 PM »
Yes, yes, science is better than superstition. The rest of his gibberish is just delusion of grandeur on his side. Someone who honestly thinks he can critique religion with such unbelievably simple-mined platitudes just can't be taken seriously.
They dont know the science is the kind of a religion also. ;D

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 12:39:57 PM »

So could you finally define what it is you believe?

Glaubst Du an die Wuenschelrute?
I hate the State.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 12:40:07 PM »

Science in its pure form is not religion. Unfortunally, many scientists elevate science to an ideology, which they think can compete with religion.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 12:41:29 PM »
You don't know that.........and if it were true, it doesn't mean there is no God.    I really don't want to go any further with this, bottom line is you don't know anything for sure do you.       ( Derogatory response to follow....watch )

They were surveryed. You think they were lying?

By your rationale, we don't really know anything.

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 12:41:58 PM »
no it's not. science is allways backed up by studies, observations and facts!

unlike religion which is nothing more than mythology.

i thought you where brighter than this kyomu..