Author Topic: Could these be the smallest arms on an IFBB pro ever??????  (Read 35540 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Re: Could these be the smallest arms on an IFBB pro ever??????
« Reply #175 on: August 27, 2008, 02:44:04 PM »
Here's the Dorian quote from the seminar:
"mentioned FLEX Wheeler's claim of a 23.5 inch arm at 220 lbs in contest form... Yates laughed and replied that at 295 lbs off-season his arms only barely broke the 20' inch mark (20.125'') when he finished a bicep workout. (Apparently Yates was very fastidious about measurements and records)"

You may not believe the quote but to add credence to that story, the Guinness Book of Records people measured Greg Valentino's synthol filled growths live on tv... the result: 24 inches''

Anyway Colemans arms were measured at a bit over 21 inches and his arms looked a hell of a lot bigger than Dorians.

Here's an offseason pic of Dorian during his prime and he doesn't look anywhere near 21 inches, more like 19 with a pump.

Sorry, I still don't believe it - my arms are 19.75 inches and look like toothpicks compared to Dorian and Ronnie's.

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #176 on: August 27, 2008, 02:46:32 PM »
I agree Dorians arms don't stack up compared to many pro's.
I am a big baby

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #177 on: August 27, 2008, 02:58:50 PM »
Your on drugs, if you think Ronnie Cloemans arms are only 21".When I was 290lbs, at my biggest my arms were 21" cold,when  I stood next to Ronnie Coleman, I looked like a twig.Ronnie Colemans arms are probably 23 1/2 off season and 22 1/2 on stage.His arms are massive.
Dorian had 22" arms as well, but like I said before the shape of his arms gave the illusion they werent that big.My arms at 21" didnt look as big as were because like Dorian, I dont have a round bicep.If you have lond muscle bellis, you could have 24" arms and they wont look as big as a 20" with a peak.Bodybuilding is all an illusion.If you have small bones, and round muscle bellies, like Dexter, Ronnie, Flex Wheeler, your muscles will look bigger then long muscle bellies with big bones.
I saw Dorian in his prime, and trust me his amrs were not small, they actually looked bigger relaxed then they did flexed, because they dont have a pleasing shape to them.There was nothing small about Doarian Yates!!!!

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #178 on: August 27, 2008, 03:22:44 PM »
although i like and respect him - milos has the smallest arms on an ifbb pro

175lbs by 31st July

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #179 on: August 27, 2008, 07:14:53 PM »
Here's the Dorian quote from the seminar:
"mentioned FLEX Wheeler's claim of a 23.5 inch arm at 220 lbs in contest form... Yates laughed and replied that at 295 lbs off-season his arms only barely broke the 20' inch mark (20.125'') when he finished a bicep workout. (Apparently Yates was very fastidious about measurements and records)"

You may not believe the quote but to add credence to that story, the Guinness Book of Records people measured Greg Valentino's synthol filled growths live on tv... the result: 24 inches''
[/b]

...the bolded parts here are word for word quoted from a post I made on GetBig quite a while ago

Could Anthony77 post a link for his source so we all know for sure that he isn't plagiarising his fellow GetBiggers?

The Luke

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #180 on: August 27, 2008, 07:29:29 PM »
Holy shit!

I'm now officially a GetBig authority... just type "fastidious about measurements" into the search function and you can find my original post:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=209914.msg2909672#msg2909672

...and here's where bodybuilder1234 attempted to quote me from memory:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=210797.msg2918163#msg2918163

...then found the original post:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=210797.msg2918183#msg2918183

...then quoted me again in the infamous "Truce" thread:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=69359.msg3175204#msg3175204

I'd like my expert stars now please...

The Luke

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #181 on: August 27, 2008, 08:33:49 PM »
surely Mark Dugdale has the smallest arms for an IFBB pro

Antony77

• Getbig II
« Reply #182 on: August 28, 2008, 02:20:04 AM »
...the bolded parts here are word for word quoted from a post I made on GetBig quite a while ago

Could Anthony77 post a link for his source so we all know for sure that he isn't plagiarising his fellow GetBiggers?

The Luke

Plagiarising other Getbiggers? Once a quote has been recounted on the board (and other boards) many times by different members (which I mentioned) it takes on a life of it's own, so since it wasn't my unamed friend who was there then how am I supposed to guess who originated the quote? But still you do deserve a reward I'll get ND to give you a blowjob and tell you it's from me.  :)
Seriously though I should have given you credit so I hereby belatedly credit The Luke with originating the quote.

Anyway Ronnies arms were measured awhile back and there was picture with the tape around his arm, and it measured about 21.6 inches unpumped, I'll try to find it, he may not have been at his biggest.
But here's a cool vid with Mike Matarazzo working his huge arms, the guy talking to him says they must be 24 inches and Mike says nah they're around 21 - 22 inches. Dorian during the offseason in 93 or 94 before tearing his bicep might have got to 20 but never 21 and bigger like Ronnie and Mike.

kawaks

• Getbig III
  • My Two Cents
« Reply #183 on: August 28, 2008, 03:10:50 AM »
;D

Yeah, Doz sure is lookin' big in that photo ...and pregnant with a pot belly.

webcake

• Getbig V
  • Not now chief...
« Reply #184 on: August 28, 2008, 03:18:34 AM »

Anyway Ronnies arms were measured awhile back and there was picture with the tape around his arm, and it measured about 21.6 inches unpumped, I'll try to find it, he may not have been at his biggest.

When Ronnie was over in Chile earlier this year, they measured his LEFT arm at 21.65 inches. Thats his "small" arm and him being far from his best.

I 100% believe that a 2004 Ronnie would have had arms over 23inches.
No doubt about it...

Antony77

• Getbig II
« Reply #185 on: August 28, 2008, 03:40:21 AM »
When Ronnie was over in Chile earlier this year, they measured his LEFT arm at 21.65 inches. Thats his "small" arm and him being far from his best.

I 100% believe that a 2004 Ronnie would have had arms over 23inches.

Yep you are right it was the left arm just found the weird ass vid. Wow big guy.