Author Topic: War for Oil?  (Read 9920 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: War for Oil?
« Reply #50 on: August 26, 2008, 09:03:29 PM »
Haven't thought about that.  I try and avoid answering dumb questions, particularly if they have nothing to do with the point being discussed.   
how does this not have anything to do with the point, of course it does.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #51 on: August 26, 2008, 09:10:55 PM »
Haven't thought about that.  I try and avoid answering dumb questions, particularly if they have nothing to do with the point being discussed.   

Right, even if an answer in the negative would prevent you from accepting any evidence whatsoever.

Weak, BB.  Weak.  You lack the courage to answer a simple Q which should come damn easy, if you feel we've never done it.  And if you do feel we've done it (which is easy to prove historically), you lack the spine to admit it.

It's hard to trust a guy who admits zero flaws.  He's dishonest to the core.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: August 26, 2008, 09:32:13 PM »
bb, did you really want an answer to your original question?  It looks like you had no intention of receiving any such thing.

MB_722

• Getbig V
  • RIP Keith
« Reply #53 on: August 26, 2008, 09:34:09 PM »
maybe he didn't like the answer  ???

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #54 on: August 26, 2008, 09:36:38 PM »
maybe he didn't like the answer  ???

sounds like he's going thru a moral conflict.

Joe/coach went thru it.  He healed by admitting "yes, it was about oil, but for other reasons too.  It's okay to control oil because we helped rescue them from saddam too!"

It's like breaking into your house and mopping the floor before stealing his PS3, but it works to ease the moral pain of supporting a war they now admit was for resource procurement, not "freedoms".

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2008, 09:42:47 PM »
People who have a different opinion don't need to wake up.  They simply have a different opinion.  

In any event, what do you mean by "control of the limit of oil for Big Oil"?

if you would listen to the clip I gave you, it explains very clear... As backed up by James Baker's firm, they admit on camera (not on this clip but I have seen it) that limiting production and increasing price is in their best interest and what they represented.  The second plan obtained by Palast from CONOCO confirms this and the shootdown of the neocon privatization plan. You know how debeers stock piles diamonds and controls the flow for price/profit... yea, same concept here.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2008, 09:43:50 PM »
I'm curious to know what BB thinks about McCain admitting it's about oil?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2008, 09:50:10 PM »
how does this not have anything to do with the point, of course it does.

No it doesn't. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2008, 09:52:57 PM »
Right, even if an answer in the negative would prevent you from accepting any evidence whatsoever.

Weak, BB.  Weak.  You lack the courage to answer a simple Q which should come damn easy, if you feel we've never done it.  And if you do feel we've done it (which is easy to prove historically), you lack the spine to admit it.

It's hard to trust a guy who admits zero flaws.  He's dishonest to the core.

Yawn.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: August 26, 2008, 09:57:18 PM »
bb, did you really want an answer to your original question?  It looks like you had no intention of receiving any such thing.

You guys are all over the place.  What I've gleaned from the stuff that has been posted so far is this:

1.  A "secret meeting."
2.  Maps of Iraqi oil dated March 2001.
3.  "Indications" that Cheney met with oil execs before the war.
4.  Plans on how to deal with Iraq's infrastructure, including oil, after we decimated the place.   

What else?   

Also, I don't know what you mean by "control of the limit of oil for Big Oil." 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: August 26, 2008, 10:01:25 PM »
if you would listen to the clip I gave you, it explains very clear... As backed up by James Baker's firm, they admit on camera (not on this clip but I have seen it) that limiting production and increasing price is in their best interest and what they represented.  The second plan obtained by Palast from CONOCO confirms this and the shootdown of the neocon privatization plan. You know how debeers stock piles diamonds and controls the flow for price/profit... yea, same concept here.

So there was a plan to limit production of Iraq's oil to increase the cost of oil to benefit U.S. oil companies, and this prompted Bush to order the invasion of Iraq?  How is this possible when Iraq only owns about 15 percent of the world's oil?     

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: August 26, 2008, 10:01:55 PM »
I'm curious to know what BB thinks about McCain admitting it's about oil?

News to me.  Quote/link? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: August 26, 2008, 10:11:02 PM »
News to me.  Quote/link? 
BOOOOM!!! :)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: August 26, 2008, 10:15:47 PM »
BOOOOM!!! :)

lol.  You gotta be kidding me.  lol . . . 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: August 26, 2008, 10:21:10 PM »
So there was a plan to limit production of Iraq's oil to increase the cost of oil to benefit U.S. oil companies, and this prompted Bush to order the invasion of Iraq?  How is this possible when Iraq only owns about 15 percent of the world's oil?     
Plan A by the neoconservitives for the privatization of Iraqi oil was developed before the war.  That's a fact obtained in black and white.  Plan B came about because Plan A didn't sit well with Big Oil, that's a fact as obtained by Greg in black and white.  Is oil the only reason we went in?  Well that would be stupid to say.  clearly there is a strategic interest in having a military presence there.  Is Oil a non factor, oh hell no... I think by their own plans obtained by Palast Oil was a critical component.  Do you really believe we gave a shit about liberating Iraqis? LOL...  How many other people in the world are getting totally wasted by their governments and we don't give a shit.  It sure in the hell was not about WMD, otherwise you would not have had, as confirmed by the downing street memos, the fixing of intelligence to hit Iraq for WMD...  What the hell does that leave?  Oil and strategic position...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: August 26, 2008, 10:25:36 PM »
lol.  You gotta be kidding me.  lol . . . 
LOL, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?
WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?
WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?

He said straight up, his energy policy would translate to us never having to send our men and women into the middle east again... WHAT OTHER FUCKING TRANSLATION DO YOU HAVE FOR THAT... BY ALL MEANS, PLEASY EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: August 26, 2008, 10:41:17 PM »
Plan A by the neoconservitives for the privatization of Iraqi oil was developed before the war.  That's a fact obtained in black and white.  Plan B came about because Plan A didn't sit well with Big Oil, that's a fact as obtained by Greg in black and white.  Is oil the only reason we went in?  Well that would be stupid to say.  clearly there is a strategic interest in having a military presence there.  Is Oil a non factor, oh hell no... I think by their own plans obtained by Palast Oil was a critical component.  Do you really believe we gave a shit about liberating Iraqis? LOL...  How many other people in the world are getting totally wasted by their governments and we don't give a shit.  It sure in the hell was not about WMD, otherwise you would not have had, as confirmed by the downing street memos, the fixing of intelligence to hit Iraq for WMD...  What the hell does that leave?  Oil and strategic position...

Thanks for the explanation.  Discussions about how to deal with Iraq's oil in the event of war does not mean there was a war in whole or in part to possess their oil, manipulate oil prices, etc.  Iraq doesn't have enough oil to make it worthwhile.  It would not surprise me if there were discussions on what to do if we toppled Iraq that started many years before the war.  Our government was calling Saddam a threat and calling for his removal since at least 1998.   

And look at the end result.  All we have is a big fat bill for the war.  Seems like a pretty poor plan. 

What is the argument that we are actually profiting from Iraq's oil? 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: August 26, 2008, 10:53:28 PM »
Thanks for the explanation.  Discussions about how to deal with Iraq's oil in the event of war does not mean there was a war in whole or in part to possess their oil, manipulate oil prices, etc.  Iraq doesn't have enough oil to make it worthwhile.  It would not surprise me if there were discussions on what to do if we toppled Iraq that started many years before the war.  Our government was calling Saddam a threat and calling for his removal since at least 1998.   

And look at the end result.  All we have is a big fat bill for the war.  Seems like a pretty poor plan. 

What is the argument that we are actually profiting from Iraq's oil? 

I see it's a no win with you...  I have nothing against everything being a preplanned contingency. ::)  You win ::)  Happy ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: August 26, 2008, 11:00:32 PM »
LOL, YOU GOTTA BE KIDDING MEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?
WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?
WHAT DID HE JUST SAY?

He said straight up, his energy policy would translate to us never having to send our men and women into the middle east again... WHAT OTHER FUCKING TRANSLATION DO YOU HAVE FOR THAT... BY ALL MEANS, PLEASY EXPLAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I don't know, why doesn't someone just ask him?  Good grief.  People who argue with video clips (Rush, Olbermann, etc.) crack me up. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: August 26, 2008, 11:02:09 PM »
I see it's a no win with you...  I have nothing against everything being a preplanned contingency. ::)  You win ::)  Happy ::)

Actually this wasn't about winning.  Just asking for input.  Sorry you got frustrated.  You can pick up your bat and ball and go home now.  :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: August 26, 2008, 11:17:55 PM »
Actually this wasn't about winning.  Just asking for input.  Sorry you got frustrated.  You can pick up your bat and ball and go home now.  :)
when don't I get frustrated :D  No doubt I get passionate about this shit, no permanent offense intended...   ;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: August 26, 2008, 11:56:55 PM »
when don't I get frustrated :D  No doubt I get passionate about this shit, no permanent offense intended...   ;D

None taken.   :)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 27, 2008, 12:27:48 AM »
None taken.   :)
I will only add that I hope you go ahead and listen to the rest of that clip.  It's about another 15 minutes or so, not much.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: August 27, 2008, 01:22:35 AM »
I will only add that I hope you go ahead and listen to the rest of that clip.  It's about another 15 minutes or so, not much.

I will try. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: August 27, 2008, 01:31:05 AM »
I will try. 
is it fair to say that mean no way in hell :D