Author Topic: Has anyone used Tony Robbins & co techniques for Bodybuilding and Life?  (Read 32238 times)

Army of One

• Getbig V
Everyone wants to improve and use whatever is available for self improvement, anyone read and tried any self help methods and had any success?Discuss.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Re: Has anyone used Tony Robbins & co techniques for Bodybuilding and Life?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2008, 11:02:11 AM »
Anthony Robbins is am amazing man.I have read his book Awaken The Giant Within, and Unlimited power, both are excellent books.
Its good stuff to apply to your life aswell as bodybuilding. I attended one of his 3 day seminars back in 99, and did the fire walk.
I will tell you this after attending that seminar, my buissness tripled in revenue.The guy is very motivating, and is very smart.
He works with alot of the top athletes, aswell at the most successful people in the world.
There is alot of negative people and negative energy on this board, so I know people will bash my post.
Anthony Robbins just helps you tap in to, and releaize your own true potential.If you dont understand or think his positive thinking is crap, then you obviously will never "get it".People who are loswer lash out and bash, people who are positive see the good in alll things, and think, what can I learn from this.
Tony Robbins has alot of great tools, to help a person wake up and no longer set boundaires, aswell as raise there standards.
Other good authors are Wayne Dyer, Steven Covey, Zig Zigler,Depak Chopra.
The mind is an incredable thing once you learn how to use it.
These arent sef help books, they are books to help you expand and evolve as a person.After all knowledge is power, more knowledge more power !!!!!

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2008, 11:11:07 AM »
Tony Robbins is a snake oil charleton.

All he does is promote self confidence that anyone can get on their own thru determination.

He makes his living ripping people off.......

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2008, 11:13:58 AM »
I used Personal Power 1 and 2.
Also Get the Edge.

If u use them for 6mo and train yourself they are great.
They helped me and my business, and goals tremendously.

If you use them like a fat woman going to the gym 2x a week for a month.
Waste of money.

Check out the book by Napoleon Hill How to think and grow rich.
Its cheaper, and ALL of tony robbins is derived from him..

And if you google think and grow rich pdf, you can download it for free.
ITs that old.
Most are all show no go!

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2008, 11:15:21 AM »

All he does is promote self confidence that anyone can get on their own thru determination.

You are very wrong bro.
Tony IS the man.
Most are all show no go!

Swedish Viking

• Getbig IV
  • http://plunkan.blogspot.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2008, 11:16:27 AM »
I really like Tony, been to a couple of his seminars as well(although it was an associate of his leading them).  Awaken the Giant Within was my favorite.

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2008, 11:23:59 AM »
He's definitely aging well.  Gotta give him that.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2008, 12:10:48 PM »
The problem with these motivational trainers is that the only success they know to generate is success from ripping other authors off and then ripping off their customers. For that purpose, their methods obviously seem to work, if they actually follow them.

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2008, 12:24:48 PM »
Anthony Robbins is am amazing man.I have read his book Awaken The Giant Within, and Unlimited power, both are excellent books.
Its good stuff to apply to your life aswell as bodybuilding. I attended one of his 3 day seminars back in 99, and did the fire walk.
I will tell you this after attending that seminar, my buissness tripled in revenue.The guy is very motivating, and is very smart.
He works with alot of the top athletes, aswell at the most successful people in the world.
There is alot of negative people and negative energy on this board, so I know people will bash my post.
Anthony Robbins just helps you tap in to, and releaize your own true potential.If you dont understand or think his positive thinking is crap, then you obviously will never "get it".People who are loswer lash out and bash, people who are positive see the good in alll things, and think, what can I learn from this.
Tony Robbins has alot of great tools, to help a person wake up and no longer set boundaires, aswell as raise there standards.
These arent sef help books, they are books to help you expand and evolve as a person.After all knowledge is power, more knowledge more power !!!!!

IMO, Chopra cannot be compared to Robbins. That's a completely different category.

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2008, 12:28:33 PM »
You are very wrong bro.
Tony IS the man.

Douche Bag Tony lives down the street (or used to-dont knwo if he still does) and everyone called him Lerch-of Adams family fame. They look a lot alike.

The problem with these motivational trainers is that the only success they know to generate is success from ripping other authors off and then ripping off their customers. For that purpose, their methods obviously seem to work, if they actually follow them.

Bingo- we have a winner  :D

wavelength

• Getbig V
  • ~~~
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2008, 12:34:44 PM »
If soemone tried a sales pitch with the Robbins attitude on me, I would seriously bitch-slap him until he would behave like a normal human being again.

Ursus

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2008, 02:55:24 PM »

A friend of mine went on a 3 day seminar recently too over in the UK

Professional poker player...wins so much...loves his life...makes goals and always achieves them.

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2008, 03:09:29 PM »
I used Personal Power 1 and 2.
Also Get the Edge.

If u use them for 6mo and train yourself they are great.
They helped me and my business, and goals tremendously.

If you use them like a fat woman going to the gym 2x a week for a month.
Waste of money.

Check out the book by Napoleon Hill How to think and grow rich.
Its cheaper, and ALL of tony robbins is derived from him..

And if you google think and grow rich pdf, you can download it for free.
ITs that old.

Excellent analogy.  Its all worthless and a waste of money unless you actually put the techniques into use.  Its not magic and simply reading the book or attending the seminar in and of itself will not change you.

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2008, 03:14:31 PM »
Excellent analogy.  Its all worthless and a waste of money unless you actually put the techniques into use.  Its not magic and simply reading the book or attending the seminar in and of itself will not change you.

cosign.

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2008, 03:15:16 PM »
cosign.
臨兵闘者皆陣列前行

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2008, 03:48:22 PM »
Douche Bag Tony lives down the street (or used to-dont knwo if he still does) and everyone called him Lerch-of Adams family fame. They look a lot alike.

Bingo- we have a winner  :D

He had a house in Delmar...but knew about 3 years ago he lives in Palm Springs

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2008, 04:29:32 PM »

JV,

I hear what you are saying, but most people do not have determination. That is why probably less than 5% of the population are leaders in one form or another. You are probably a motivated, self directed person. You could make some change too just telling people what seems obvious. TR just made a living out of it.

Besides, Tony was cool in Shallow Hal:)

JohnnyVegas

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2008, 04:37:07 PM »
He had a house in Delmar...but knew about 3 years ago he lives in Palm Springs

Yeah, the Del Mar "Castle" which sits at the top of the street from the Del Mar Plaza shopping center. Like I said, he may not own it anymore.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2008, 04:40:08 PM »
We all have unlimited potential ,all that Anthony Robbins does is help you learn to use that umlimited potential.
I am willing to bet most of the guys on this board dont make even $50,000 yr, I know this because most of you have 5000 plus posts.Which means A) your lazy or have no real life B) Your not a truly motivated individual.I been on this board on and off for 3 years and I dont even have 1000 posts, that is because I a successful man.
If you are a succesful motivated person could relate to Anthony Robbins philosophies, if you cant then your a loser.
Anthony Robbins is a great motivator, and he teaches people not to just except a mediocre life but to stive for more.
Yes the seminar cost around a $1000, but after attending that seminar my income increased by $200,000 that year.
HMMMMMM,  Spend a $1000 to become more motivated, learn to tap into my true potential, and earn $200,000 more that year,was it worth, dam straight it was.If you are smart, you will know you cant learn what you think you already know.
Life is just one big lesson,  the more we learn about ourselves and how to tap into our unlimited power the more we can evolve a a person.Because of great men like Anthony Robbins I learned never to put limits on my income, and my true potential.
I became successful not only in bodybuilding winning several natural bodybuilding titles, while creating a successful company that grows 25% ever year.Success leaves clues, and if you truly want to be succesful you need to learn from those who are already succeeding.Thats why I read books from Anthony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, Zig Zigler Depa Chopra, because these are great men who have achieved greatness.Who wants to be average, when you can be great.Great men motivate other great men to want to become great men.Men like Thomas Edison ,Albert Eistein,Mr Honda,Abe Lincoln, and Martin Luther King were all great men, who passed the baton to us .Now its our job to make the most of our life, and achieve greatness.
That doesnt mean having 5000 + posts on get big talking sh$## about other people, yet not posting a picture of .

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2008, 04:41:38 PM »
We all have unlimited potential ,all that Anthony Robbins does is help you learn to use that umlimited potential.
I am willing to bet most of the guys on this board dont make even $50,000, I know this because most of you have 5000 plus posts.Which means A) your lazy or have no real life B) Your not a truly motivated individual.I been on this board on and off for 3 years and I dont even have 1000 posts, that because I a successful man.
If you are a succesful motivated person could relate to Anthony Robbins philosophies, if you cant then your a loser.
Anthony Robbins is a great motivator, and he teaches people not to just except a mediocre life but to stive for more.
Yes the seminar cost around a $1000, but after attending that seminar my income went up $200,000 that year.
HMMMMMM,  Spend a $1000 to become more motivated, learn to tap into my true potential, and earn $200,000 more that year,was it worth, dam straight it was.If you are smart, you will know you cant learn what you think you already know.
Life is just one big lesson,  the more we learn about ourselves and how to tap into our unlimited power the more we can evolve a a person.Because of great men like Anthony Robbins I learned never to put limits on my income, and my true potential.
I became successful not only in bodybuilding winning several natural bodybuilding titles, while creating a successful company that grows 25% ever year.Success leaves clues, and if you truly want to be succesful you need to learn from those who are already succeeding.Thats why I read books from Anthony Robbins, Wayne Dyer, Zig Zigler Depa Chopra, because these are great men who have achieved greatness.Who wants to be average, when you can be great.Great men motivate other great men to want to become great men.Men like Thomas Edison ,Albert Eistein,Mr Honda,Abe Lincoln, and Martin Luther King were all great men, who passed the baton to us .Now its our job to make the most of our life, and achieve greatness.
That doesnt mean having 5000 + posts on get big talking sh$## about other people, yet not posting a picture of .
we can't all be the ripped 290 pound billionaire whey protein tycoon that you are John. ::)

emn1964

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2008, 04:48:39 PM »
we can't all be the ripped 290 pound billionaire whey protein tycoon that you are John. ::)

Acutally, Dave, he is saying that everyone can be successful in whatever goal you set just by using the strategies that other successful people have used.  So, I guess he is saying that yes, if that is how you define success, you can do it.

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2008, 04:49:10 PM »
Shut up convict!!! I am not a billionare but I am succesful.Quakeroats didnt you get owned under you alias Squadfather, because your girlfriend lives in a trailer!!!!!!!! Squad how is life in the trailer park these days?
One day you might wake up get off the internet, are realize that you are overweight ,bitter, and there is more to life then bashing people on getbig
You are up to over 1800 posts in a month doesnt that tell you something?

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2008, 04:50:23 PM »
Shut up convict!!! I am not a billionare but I am succesful.Quakeroats didnt you get owned under you alias Squadfather, because your girlfriend lives in a trailer!!!!!!!! Squad how is life in the trailer park these days?
One day you might wake up get off the internet, are realize that you an overweight ,bitter, and there is more to life then bashing people on getbig
You are up to over 1200 posts in a month doesnt that tell you something?
are we ever going to see any proof of this 405 for 8 bench press and 21 inch totally natural arms that you claim, John?

GetItOnNY

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2008, 04:54:28 PM »
My arms were never 21 naturally, I would never say that.As far as my bench me benching 405 lbs for 8, bring your money, and we will wager.I am not going to bring a video camera to the gym and video tape myself training.
There is nothing more stupid then some idiot video taping himself in the gym.I gto better things to do.
Dave put up the money, we will go to a neautral gym, and I will put 405lbs, and prove to you I can do it.

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2008, 04:56:14 PM »
My arms were never 21 naturally, I would never say that.As far as my bench me benching 405 lbs for 8, bring your money, and we will wager.I am not going to bring a video camera to the gym and video tape myself training.
There is nothing more stupid then some idiot video taping himself in the gym.I gto better things to do.
Dave put up the money, we will go to a neautral gym, and I will put 405lbs, and prove to you I can do it.

translation=you really bench a hard 4 reps with 315.