Author Topic: McCain risks losing center with this VP pick  (Read 1926 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: McCain risks losing center with this VP pick
« Reply #25 on: August 30, 2008, 05:28:11 PM »
That's actually the most consistent pro life stance. 

To put this in perspective, abortions as a result of rape or incest account for less than 1 percent of all abortions.  At least one study showed that "95 percent of those who mentioned rape or incest named other reasons as well for deciding to abort . . . ."  http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpage.html?sec=health&res=950DE1DC1039F930A25753C1A96F948260

In other words, the chances of your sister, wife, or girlfriend being raped, impregnated, and deciding to have an abortion solely because of the rape or incest, appear to be pretty slim. 
Check into ectopic pregnancies where the embryo has .000000000001% of survival b/c it embedded in an area not the uterus.  Such pregnancies are extremely painful for the mother and could destroy her reproductive organs or kill her.

The only medical approach to treatment is abortion.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #26 on: August 30, 2008, 05:42:49 PM »
I agree it is the most consistent stance. No matter how "slim" the odds are, those crime can still happen. To make a criminal out of a woman who would not want to carry the baby to full term is, to me, ridiculous.

In any event, abortion is not a big issue for me. It certainly is for MANY women however, the only reason this woman is on the ticket.

The baby did not commit the heinous crime, Benny. It can be put up for adoption.

I thought the left valued all life.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 06:49:31 AM »
The baby did not commit the heinous crime, Benny. It can be put up for adoption.
The woman did not commit the heinous crime either, w8tlftr. Since you aren't woman, you do not understand the emotional attachment many women develop over the course of nine months and after giving birth. It's not so easy for every woman to give away the baby after birth. Can you empathize with a woman who does not want to carry the baby of a rapist inside of her for nine months and deal with the mixed feelings of happiness, shame, and disgust?

I thought the left valued all life.
Whether life begins at conception or not is debatable.  The right overwhelmingly believes in the death penalty. Does that show a value for all life?

!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 06:53:01 AM »
The woman did not commit the heinous crime either, w8tlftr. Since you aren't woman, you do not understand the emotional attachment many women develop over the course of nine months and after giving birth. It's not so easy for every woman to give away the baby after birth. Can you empathize with a woman who does not want to carry the baby of a rapist inside of her for nine months and deal with the mixed feelings of happiness, shame, and disgust?
Whether life begins at conception or not is debatable.  The right overwhelmingly believes in the death penalty. Does that show a value for all life?

Of course I empathize with the woman. I can not think of a more traumatic thing that can happen to a woman but the baby is still an innocent in all of this. Just my personal opinion.

I don't support the death penalty either.