Author Topic: Explain why anybody middle class or above would vote for a Democrate.  (Read 2372 times)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Explain why anybody middle class or above would vote for a Democrate.
« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2008, 01:04:55 AM »
No I don't rely on my government for my success.  I will succeed no matter who is in office.  No government handouts for this guy.  I like to earn what I get through hard work. 

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #26 on: August 31, 2008, 01:06:32 AM »
Careful...

Personal responsibility is frowned upon in this forum.....

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #27 on: August 31, 2008, 01:08:01 AM »
My family income was just over 70k last year.  Obama might bite me a little, but I'm also scared that Mccain will keep weakening the dollar.  We made almost 80k the year before.  It's a big dropoff, and it's due to the economy.

If Obama keeps an additional $2000 of our income, that'll suck.
if mccain continues the dollar slide, and we only make 60k NEXT year, that'll suck more.

I guess we're just trying to decide what's less sucky, then?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #28 on: August 31, 2008, 01:08:57 AM »

HAhahahahahahah...... yea..... If the Dems don't take 50%+ of your future check to prop up their failing social policies....

Obama will provide a tax CUT to 95% of Americans, ...and it's not democratic policies that are failing.
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #29 on: August 31, 2008, 10:00:56 AM »
I think it all goes back to what we expect out of our government.  I don't believe its the responsibility of the gov to make sure we are all economically equals.  Its the domestic responsibility of gov to enforce laws to protect its citizens from harm and discrimination and to create as equal opportunity as possible for all to succeed.  If you want to change poverty, the real way is to change values taught and the family, and then to create opportunities.

I favor some social programs to help create opportunities and care for our sick & elderly but not as a lifestyle and not higher taxation to support waste.
Decker wisely points out the differences between social security & medicare vs welfare programs.

I see so much waste in the government and I don't want high taxes to support inefficient programs.  The gov should curtail spending and pick to programs that protect all its citizens.

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Explain why anybody middle class or above would vote for a Democrat.
« Reply #30 on: August 31, 2008, 11:51:14 AM »
1. Ummm.... WIC? Welfare payments? Section 8??
2. If you have nothing, then you are not going to care if you lose it. If you have a 2 million dollar real estate property the estate tax is going to really piss you off. If you don't... who cares if they tax OTHERS at 55%, eh?
3. I think it makes a lot of you liberals feel all warm and fuzzy inside to feel like you are 'helping' the dregs of society.
4. Define CT. Your type is always going to attack the opposing viewpoint for having 'straw arguments'.

The ENTIRE post reflects the democrapic platform. Show me otherwise.
1. So only gov. aid to the poor and indigents riles your feathers, huh?
2.  There is no estate tax any more.  Who's taxed at 55%?
3.  What do you care how I or anyone else feels if a hungry child is fed or clothed or housed?  I guess your problems run deep with those types and it would be better to let them die and decrease the surplus population.
4.  You mentioned CT and Katrina.  What the hell does that have to do with the democratic parties platform?

Frankly, I don't see anything in your criticisms remotely resembling an idea cogent to the democratic platform.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 07:26:20 AM »
I actually don't know what the estate tax % is right now but I know Obama wants a 45% estate tax compared to 15-20% for McCain.

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 07:35:06 AM »
wow, lol...  yup, I'm only voting for Obama to get my 1000 bucks.  I'm actually a totally blissfull ignoramus.  great call, I don't know what to say.  I just never imagined someone like you would come along and see right through me.  Yes, truly these are the words of a great patriot ::)
Hahahaha! The audacity of someone who calls himself Hugo Chavez talking about patriotism.

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 08:13:36 AM »
I actually don't know what the estate tax % is right now but I know Obama wants a 45% estate tax compared to 15-20% for McCain.
What sort of exemptions are we talking about?  I've seen proposals exempting the first 5 million from the estate tax (I forgot who proposed it...might have been Feingold).

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 08:15:10 AM »

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 08:27:54 AM »
Should I have accepted US citizenship I would have voted democrat - mostly due to my strong anti-war feelings, as I am actually financially very conservative. My income is well in a bracket where taxation would bite me, but I have a stronger interest in less killing then saving my personal money. Plus, like 240 mentioned, I think of the overall impact on the economy. As my income is derived off my business interests, should they decline so will my revenue, so that impacts.

That said, easy for me to say as tax is something I hear about, never paid it in my life ;D

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 08:47:02 AM »

Decker

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 09:24:39 AM »
Obama's plan looks way way way better.
The US cannot sustain the rightwing fantasy of 'borrow n spend'.  It's killing our country with debt and McCain wants to make that happen with his hopeless economic plan.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 09:37:41 AM »
The US cannot sustain the rightwing fantasy of 'borrow n spend'.  It's killing our country with debt and McCain wants to make that happen with his hopeless economic plan.

The first rule when in a hole is to stop digging.

The left AND the right need to get through their thick skulls. That goes double for us dumbasses that vote them in.

Stop borrowing money you can't pay back and stop spending money you don't fucking have.

I certainly agree with you on this, Decker. We, as a country, need to bite down hard and suck it up. We should demand from our government what we demand from ourselves - fiscal responsibility and accountability.

It starts with the government. If they're the leaders they claim to be then lead by example.

Hereford

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 02:34:50 PM »
I read somewhere that before the national budget is even addressed, 80%+ of the financial resources are already spent.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #40 on: September 01, 2008, 04:09:57 PM »
I read somewhere that before the national budget is even addressed, 80%+ of the financial resources are already spent.

That would be correct, sir.