Author Topic: Hurricane Gustav headed straight for me  (Read 4495 times)

boonstack

• Getbig IV
  • watch out ladies... chaos is on the prowl
Hurricane Gustav headed straight for me
« on: August 31, 2008, 06:09:12 AM »
I can see Gulf of Mexico out of my window, and our house is positioned about 60 feet from the water. Ill take pictures when the water floods our home and be sure to post them on getbig asap.  ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
Re: Hurricane Gustav headed straight for me
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 07:39:05 AM »
get the hell out of there!
Flower Boy Ran Away

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 07:41:35 AM »
I can see Gulf of Mexico out of my window, and our house is positioned about 60 feet from the water. Ill take pictures when the water floods our home and be sure to post them on getbig asap.  ;D
RIP, boonstack  :'(
!

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 07:53:28 AM »
good luck friend
dont try to be a superhero-respect mother nature and she will respect u and your family
w

Bix

• Getbig IV
  • The Instigator
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:38:29 AM »
Die fool!

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:49:44 AM »
Don't worry you are safe from the treacherous winds and waters of Gustav in front of your computer on Getbig. Just tuck your knees to your chest and get under you computer desk.  ;D

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:51:37 AM »
get the hell out of there!
he'll be ok he just bought his Glock. ::)

spinnis

« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:54:10 AM »
Don't worry you are safe from the treacherous winds and waters of Gustav in front of your computer on Getbig. Just tuck your knees to your chest and get under you computer desk.  ;D

dont know why but I thought this post was funny as HELL haahha

swilkins1984

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:58:28 AM »
dont know why but I thought this post was funny as HELL haahha

Oh he could do THAT too. Gotta die happy right  8)

rk272727

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 09:29:22 AM »
  wow a dieing hero  fuck the pics and  house your fucking stupid cant post without electricity dipshit
b

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 09:41:30 AM »

boonstack, I live in SW Florida.  we get hit by a few big storms every year.  Charley, wilma, Andrew, etc all went thru my county.  I stayed for all of them.

This one - I would NOT stay for.  If it hits your country dead on, your home - WILL BE DESTROYED.
If you are in it, the roof will crush your head as you sit on the floor chatting with others.

After Charley hit charlotte country, FL, the nat'l guard lined up rows of corpses on charlotte harbor, and just kept adding buckets of ice, and more bodies, every hour.  People with crushed heads mostly.

I know you like your stuff, but unless your home is cat5 rated, don't stay. 

elite_lifter

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 10:03:30 AM »
Hope you're well insured :o
I am a big baby

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 10:27:49 AM »
Our insurance already covered us for Katrina, and now if this happens again, they will probably drop us after they pay. Because waterfront property insurance skyrocketed after katrina, and it effected us as well. Oh well, its nice where we are, but i'll be forced to move if it happens again.

roc

• Getbig III
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 11:39:06 AM »
be careful boon, get the fuck out of there that monster will be a cat 5 by the time it reaches you

fathead

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 12:08:20 PM »
get off the fucken intranet and head for zee hills!!

run guy!!

Kwon

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 12:20:22 PM »
Keep on living Boonstack!

Life is more important, leave while you still can! For the love of QuakerOats, Move it!
Q

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 12:23:46 PM »
Boonstack...please go to a safe place now.  But take some pics on your way out to post up here :)

Oh, and don't forget to take any pets instead of leaving them and hoping for the best ::)
R

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 12:29:07 PM »
category 3 and up is major trouble.

don't be fooled.

135 miles per hour winds will fuck up whatever town it lands on.

not to mention the storm surge and rains...
Flower Boy Ran Away

QuakerOats

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • bring amberlamps!!!
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 12:30:10 PM »
i havew a feeling this one will fizzle out a bit like the last big one they predicted.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 01:06:53 PM »

Be sure to do the "thumbs up", all right?
HAHA, RON.....

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 01:14:34 PM »
i havew a feeling this one will fizzle out a bit like the last big one they predicted.

hard to say.

the shallow gulf of mexico is warm water which usually means the hurricane will gain intensity.

it might get stronger as it gets close to land.
Flower Boy Ran Away

freespirit

• Getbig V
  • Revolt!
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 01:14:56 PM »
category 3 and up is major trouble.

don't be fooled.

135 miles per hour winds will fuck up whatever town it lands on.

not to mention the storm surge and rains...

Isn't it a category 4 by now? That's really bad!!

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 01:28:40 PM »
Gustav Weakens Slightly
(www.weather.com)
Kevin Roth, Lead Meteorologist, The Weather Channel
2:20 p.m. ET 8/31/2008
As of 1 p.m. CDT, Gustav was centered about 270 miles southeast of the mouth of the Mississippi River, moving northwest at 17 mph.

Hurricane Gustav has continued a weakening trend that began earlier today. As of 1 pm CDT top winds were down to near 115 mph. Even though it is slightly weaker, Gustav is still and dangerous category 3 hurricane and some strengthening is possible before it makes landfall along the Louisiana coast Monday.

Hurricane Gustav should continue to move in a northwesterly direction with some slightly slowing through Monday. On that path and speed the landfall should occur Monday morning, however any turn to the west would prolong the landfall into Monday afternoon or evening.

Squally showers should continue along the Florida peninsula and far southeastern Louisian through this evening. Other outer bands of squally showers should move into the Florida panhandle, southern Alabama, southern Mississippi and more of the Louisiana coast later today and tonight. The threat of tornadoes increases overnight in those areas as well.

All interests along the Gulf Coast should pay very close attention to this extremely dangerous storm.

Tropical Storm Hanna was centered about 140 miles north of Grand Turk Island as of 2 p.m. EDT. Maximum sustained winds have dropped to 45 mph.

Hanna has been impacted by strong shearing winds in association with an upper-level low in the region. The upper-level low is forecast to weaken, but the overall environment for Hanna should remain quite hostile for the next 24 to 48 hours keeping the system weak.

Hanna has been on a westerly course for the last few days and that motion is expected to continue through Monday morning. At that time Hanna may make a turn to the southwest and approach the southeastern Bahamas.

Upon entering the southeastern Bahamas Hanna is forecast to turn back to a northwesterly direction. That means Hanna could pass through most of the Bahamas before making a run at the southeast U.S. coast later in the week.

Elsewhere in the Atlantic Basin, a tropical wave and broad low pressure area about 150 miles west of the Cape Verde Islands bears close watching. Thunderstorm activity has increased near this low once again. Conditions are still favorable for a tropical depression to form within the next day or so as the system moves westward at 10 to 15 mph. There is another tropical wave about 930 miles east-northeast of the northern Leeward Islands that is being monitored for development.

For the latest on the busy tropics, stay tuned to The Weather Channel and for updates here on weather.com.

R

Big Worm

• Getbig IV
  • Really ? You finished turd my flend? Maricon..
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 01:58:11 PM »
HUrry...Get out there and try to stop it...

j/k.  Be safe ..

boonstack

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 02:55:54 PM »
The yellow is where i live  ;D

Keeping up with forecast, though there is no way to predict it. Thanks everyone for caring except of course those that want me to die :-*

We could easily lose $300,000 worth of home in just a few hours. I love nature