Author Topic: Possible Board Policy: Opinions Please  (Read 7060 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Possible Board Policy: Opinions Please
« on: August 31, 2008, 06:41:24 PM »
On the thread about it being a Rove attempt to exploit the rumor of Bristol being the mother of Trig.  Nothing wrong with Calmus making the thread questioning motive of the story but I went right out and dug to find any truth to it and posted it.  Traditionally kids and teens are left out of the political frey.  Points were brought up in the thread that question the ethics in such a debate at all.  And i see that point.

So what do you guys think, should we place this forum above speculations that involve kids and teens of political figures?  It is pretty dirty ground to tred on.

Opinions Please...

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Possible Board Policy: Opinions Please
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2008, 06:45:04 PM »
Kids are off limits until the parents use them for political gain or advantage.  The media was VERY good about keeping obama's kids off-camera... until he started doing TV intereviews with them to get more votes.

Would this change its relevance?
2 years ago during the Governor race debates she said she would force her own daughter to carry a pregnancy to term even if she was a victim of rape.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 06:45:33 PM »
With large websites covering it, our little comments don't hurt I think? My comments were more about the media/web covering it, not us talking about what they are splashing.

Plus, we may disagree, but most folks here [politics] wouldn't make nasty comments about people's kids.

Just my thoughts.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 06:47:52 PM »
Yeah, on other forums, they're calling all sorts of names, really out-of-bounds stuff.

It may just be a horrible rumor.  In which case I'm sure it'd be quite easily to prove it wrong.  That magical speech and plane flight - 16 hours total after water breaking - makes me wonder.  If she has the poor judgment to get on a plane with water broken, we have to question her sanity.  If she wasn't in labor when she got on that plane, she's lying.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 08:01:11 PM »
A downs child is off limits period. If she uses her kids as political tools, she comes under attack. If her kids make overt political statements they can be targets...just like Biden's could for his speech, if that was neccesary. I wouldn't do it, u don't need to, but some might.
L

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 08:06:26 PM »
Calmus has made numerous jokes about the toddler having down's syndrome indirectly, a true image of his character.

Large websites covering it? Yes as rumour, unproven.

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2008, 08:07:16 PM »
Children and spouses are OFF LIMITS until:

1. The parents use them for political gain (like Rob said).
2. The child and/or spouse personally get involved in the political arena.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2008, 08:07:24 PM »
A downs child is off limits period. If she uses her kids as political tools, she comes under attack. If her kids make overt political statements they can be targets...just like Biden's could for his speech, if that was neccesary. I wouldn't do it, u don't need to, but some might.

The subject at issue is not about her child having down's syndrome, but whether it is her child at all.
It is a slippery slope I will agree, but I have to echo CQ's comments here. The can has already been opened, and it is a subject of discussion elsewhere. I think we're all capable of mature discussion without it getting downright nasty or unfair.
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2008, 08:08:45 PM »
And since none of u idiots has any proof...or any way to get it, drop it. The kid has downs.....leave it alone.
L

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2008, 08:08:57 PM »
On the thread about it being a Rove attempt to exploit the rumor of Bristol being the mother of Trig.  Nothing wrong with Calmus making the thread questioning motive of the story but I went right out and dug to find any truth to it and posted it.  Traditionally kids and teens are left out of the political frey.  Points were brought up in the thread that question the ethics in such a debate at all.  And i see that point.

So what do you guys think, should we place this forum above speculations that involve kids and teens of political figures?  It is pretty dirty ground to tred on.

Opinions Please...
Hell no! This is unquestionably fair game, as it is a widely circulated rumor at this time. Lot's of rumors on this board.
!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2008, 08:09:52 PM »
Calmus has made numerous jokes about the toddler having down's syndrome indirectly, a true image of his character.

If that's the case, ...it was unfortunate, ...but I ask, where was your righteous indignation when Rush went off on Michael J. Fox's condition?
w

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2008, 08:10:40 PM »

Large websites covering it? Yes as rumour, unproven.

Go eat a cock, dumbass.

The kid has been politicized. Why the fuck do you think Dobson endorsed Palin? How many times have you heard "carried the baby to term despite knowing it had downs'"?  That's her calling card.

God, you're dumb as shit.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2008, 08:11:54 PM »
And since none of u idiots has any proof...or any way to get it, drop it. The kid has downs.....leave it alone.
Eat a dick up, dogshit.  >:(

Stop acting like you give a flying shit about kids when you stated you didn't care one way or the other if millions of little children die of AIDs or malaria. You can take your false self righteousness and shove it up your fat, stinky asshole.  >:(

Let the posts about Bristol Palin continue, Hugo.
!

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2008, 08:11:58 PM »
Chelsea clinton bitched when she was asked about the lewinski affair - BUT she put herself into that position by campaigning for Hilary.  Nobody would dare ask her about it - until then.

Obama regretted the interview with his kids.  Cameras used to avoid them, and never mentioned their names. Now, he has no problem bringing them onstage to win America's hearts.

The mccain/palin campaign made a big big deal about the birth - putting it up for examination.

At this point - this is either the most horrible campaign smear job in recent years, and KOS/NBC owe her a HUGE apology - or this is the political story of the year.  Either way, I don't think any of us realizes how huge a story is about to unfold.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2008, 08:13:12 PM »
How many times did she refer to my son trig in the last couple of days?

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2008, 08:16:49 PM »

No one is talking about the baby, and I hardly think most here would go there, and if someone did I am sure we would all pounce on them. And the only thing I have read at all about the teen duaghter on this forum is sympathetic

It's news, and yes, she has whipped the the kids for photos, events etc.

And need I bump old threads slandering Michelle for the whitey tape, which notice - is still not produced? So, really the "don't have proof" bears no weight in past discussions, so why make it now.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2008, 08:18:29 PM »
this story makes me sick to my stomach.  This isn't sexy like the edwards videographer story, or the mccai lobbyist story.  This one is just sad.

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2008, 08:19:01 PM »
No one is talking about the baby, and I hardly think most here would go there, and if someone did I am sure we would all pounce on them. And the only thing I have read at all about the teen duaghter on this forum is sympathetic

And need I bump old threads slandering Michelle for the whitey tape, which notice - is still not produced? So, really the "don't have proof" bears no weight in past discussions, so why make it now.

I questioned Palin's judgment having a child after she was 40.  That's the extent of my references to the kid.  

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: August 31, 2008, 08:20:11 PM »

Michelle makes political statements does speeches, talk shows etc...and her kids have appeared in atleast i news program and on stage.....all politico's do that.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: August 31, 2008, 08:21:02 PM »
yeah, michelle obama is open to total criticism - the minute she picked up a mic, her laundry gets exposed.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: August 31, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »
this story makes me sick to my stomach.  This isn't sexy like the edwards videographer story, or the mccai lobbyist story.  This one is just sad.
It isn't sad if this bitch woman is lying about the child of her daughter. If its true, her nomination will blow up in McBush's face and this campaign is over.
!

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2008, 08:24:26 PM »
Michelle makes political statements does speeches, talk shows etc...and her kids have appeared in atleast i news program and on stage.....all politico's do that.

Agree, never said different.

My point was the board was starting threads for days about a tape, which was obviously a lie - so now why say we have "no facts so dont discuss it".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2008, 08:27:01 PM »
It isn't sad if this bitch woman is lying about the child of her daughter. If its true, her nomination will blow up in McBush's face and this campaign is over.

eh, i don't think anything could sink either campaign at this point.  We may be witnessing history like none other right now, if this rumor is true.  It's still entirely possible that the left-wing media machine - led by daily KOS - is just smearing them on a labor day weekend.  If so, it's a horrible lie and I'll campaign for mccain starting tomorrow if that's true and its linked to obama.  

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2008, 08:34:17 PM »
eh, i don't think anything could sink either campaign at this point.  We may be witnessing history like none other right now, if this rumor is true.  It's still entirely possible that the left-wing media machine - led by daily KOS - is just smearing them on a labor day weekend.  If so, it's a horrible lie and I'll campaign for mccain starting tomorrow if that's true and its linked to obama. 

No way it's linked to Obama. His foaming at the mouth lackeys yes but not him.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2008, 08:34:54 PM »
Go eat a cock, dumbass.

The kid has been politicized. Why the fuck do you think Dobson endorsed Palin? How many times have you heard "carried the baby to term despite knowing it had downs'"?  That's her calling card.

God, you're dumb as shit.

:-\ mmm mmm mmm

my my, you kiss your mamma with that mouth?

So you like making fun of kids, bet it makes you feel big huh? Little man