Author Topic: recovery  (Read 1525 times)

NaturalWonder83

• Getbig V
recovery
« on: August 31, 2008, 09:07:25 PM »
Hey everyone

I was thinking
I like to workout 4 times a week
I like to train Mon, Wed. Fri, Sat

Some weeks its just like that
but then other weeks I find sometimes i am too exhausted when its my next workout, and still worn out from the past workouts...so i usually take another day off,and then I feel great and have a great workout. Even if that means 3 days off in a row.

What do you guys feel about this? Is it truly listening to my body and knowing when I am truly not recovered? Or should I just suck it up and train anyways?
Am I cheating myself by not being consistent with my split?
Does this ever happen to any of you?
I remember reading in a Mike Mentzer book that sometimes he would take off 2-3 days before a workout because he knew he wasnt recovered enough.
w

BlueDevil

• Getbig IV
Re: recovery
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:57:39 PM »

creating a joint connection between head and heart puts a power pack behind your goals

getting your head in sync with your heart and grasping the power of coherence gives you the energy efficiency you need to achieve changes that haven't been possible before

the head can notice what things need to change, but the heart provides the power and direction to actually bring about the changes

HEY!......ROCK THE HECK ON........ALL DAY EVERY DAY.........never say NAY......go all the WAY!

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: recovery
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »
That listening to your body crap is a bunch of bs.  Plan your workout schedule and don't take extra days off unless you are sick.  I've said this many times and I will say it again, the most important time for you to workout is when you don't feel like working out.