Author Topic: Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant  (Read 7767 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant
« on: September 01, 2008, 09:53:32 AM »
Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant
by Associated Press
Monday, September 1, 2008

Sarah and Todd Palin say their 17-year-old unmarried daughter is pregnant.The couple said in a statement released by John McCain’s presidential campaign that Bristol will keep her baby.

Sarah Palin is McCain’s vice presidential running mate.

The Alaska governor says Bristol intends to marry the father of her child.

She and the campaign also are asking that the media respect the family’s privacy

http://elections.foxnews.com/2008/09/01/palins-17-year-old-daughter-is-pregnant/

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Palin’s 17-Year-Old Daughter is Pregnant
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 10:07:01 AM »
Irresponsible parenting.  Well, this kind of stuff happens.  I don't think the mother will choose an abortion but you never know.  I wonder if the baby will be white?  I'm just sayin'.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
According to CNN, Bristol Palin (17) is Five Months Pregnant!
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 10:57:28 AM »
It may just eliminate the possibility the current baby is hers, but interesting nevertheless!
Discuss  8)
!

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Re: According to CNN, Bristol Palin (17) is Five Months Pregnant!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:22 AM »
It may just eliminate the possibility the current baby is hers, but interesting nevertheless!
Discuss  8)

it could also be viewed as lending credence to the possiblity that it is her's.

It shows she's sexually active and she simply could have made the same mistake twice only this time it can't be covered up by pretending she has mono

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 11:00:52 AM »
lol  :D :-[

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 11:06:16 AM »
Irresponsible parenting.  Well, this kind of stuff happens.  I don't think the mother will choose an abortion but you never know.  I wonder if the baby will be white?  I'm just sayin'.
Abortion is OUT OF THE QUESTION with Sarah Palin as the mother.

"Irresponsible parenting?" I agree.  ;D

it could also be viewed as lending credence to the possiblity that it is her's.

It shows she's sexually active and she simply could have made the same mistake twice only this time it can't be covered up by pretending she has mono
I only think not due to the timing.  ??? Unless the ages are fudged, the current baby is 5 months old, no?
!

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2008, 11:06:35 AM »
Non-issue.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2008, 11:09:45 AM »
Non-issue.

personally, I agree.   This, like most things to do with sex (assuming consensual and legal) are none of my business

The only true political issue I see is how this will affect Palins standing with the jesus crowd given that she's on the ticket to appeal to them

calmus

• Getbig IV
  • Time is luck.
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2008, 11:12:50 AM »
Easy to get pregnant again when your mom doesn't allow you to breastfeed.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2008, 11:13:27 AM »
Non-issue.

Oh, its and issue whether you PERSONALLY want it to be or not. I don't think the evangelical base will be too please with this example of moral values or responsible parenting.  ;)
!

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2008, 11:16:57 AM »
Oh, its and issue whether you PERSONALLY want it to be or not. I don't think the evangelical base will be too please with this example of moral values or responsible parenting.  ;)

I hate to agree, that this non issue is an issue. But are we to assume that moral values will now come into play, when Obama's past relationships have been brushed off?

This is going to be interesting - (why do we keep saying this, haha)

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2008, 12:10:32 PM »
the evangelicals are either voting mccain our arent voting at all and your only looking at the bad side as well benny. This could be looked at as a mother who is standing by her family values and not aborting the child even though it may make things easier on them.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #12 on: September 01, 2008, 12:15:15 PM »
Either way...its a story but not news. The media will hit it from all sides. Obama himself wants the press to back off that side of it. But the dem's will continue this bullshit because they're scared.
L

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: September 01, 2008, 12:20:21 PM »
But the dem's will continue this bullshit because they're scared.
hahaha!
Scared of what...Palin has virtually handed the Dems the election.
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: September 01, 2008, 12:24:21 PM »
Ok dude, ur amazing gift for political foresight is uncanny. Unfortunatly nobody from ur own worthless party agree's with u. She's racking in the cash. She's fired up the Republican base and most importantly, nobody is talking about the Obamessiah.
L

Eyeball Chambers

• Getbig V
  • Would you hold still? You're making me fuck up...
« Reply #15 on: September 01, 2008, 12:29:08 PM »
I wonder if the baby will be white?  I'm just sayin'.

hahah  ;D
S

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2008, 12:37:13 PM »
Ok dude, ur amazing gift for political foresight is uncanny. Unfortunatly nobody from ur own worthless party agree's with u.
Really?  ::)

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM! ;D

Barack Obama Campaign Spokesman Bill Burton responds to John McCain's choice of Alaska Governor Sarah Palin as his running mate:

"Today, John McCain put the former mayor of a town of 9,000 with zero foreign policy experience a heartbeat away from the presidency. Governor Palin shares John McCain's commitment to overturning Roe v. Wade, the agenda of Big Oil and continuing George Bush's failed economic policies -- that's not the change we need, it's just more of the same."

Sen. Chuck Schumer says:

"After the great success of the Democratic convention, the choice of Sarah Palin is surely a Hail Mary pass. It is a real roll of the dice and shows how John McCain, Karl Rove et al realize what a strong position the Obama-Biden team and Democrats in general are in in this election. Certainly the choice of Palin puts to rest any argument about inexperience on the Democratic team and while Palin is a fine person, her lack of experience makes the thought of her assuming the presidency troubling. I particularly look forward to the Biden-Palin debate in Missouri."

Rep. Rahm Emanuel:

"Is this really who the Republican Party wants to be one heartbeat away from the Presidency? Given Sarah Palin's lack of experience on every front and on nearly every issue, this Vice Presidential pick doesn't show judgment: it shows political panic."

Rep. Jim Clyburn on South Carolina ETV Radio:

"I do believe that McCain has to do something to reshuffle the cards, shake up the establishment, do something unexpected and Governor Palin has all the kinds of things that McCain might see as a way to shake things up. I think [her selection] would be something similar to Dan Quayle. Dan Quayle proved to be sort of an embarrassment as a campaigner. Being thrust on a national stage like that could be very tough. Now Mondale tried to shake things up by going with Geraldine Ferraro.she proved to be a disaster as a running mate. And as a campaigner, she was absolutely awful. And so I just think that it is very risky for McCain to do this, but it may be all he has left."

Meanwhile, the non-partisan group Campaign Money Watch responded that the pick underscores McCain's loss of maverick reformer credentials:

"In choosing Governor Palin, Senator McCain is clearly trying to shore up his past maverick reformer image - an image that is now in tatters due to the type of campaign he's run and the big money lobbyists he depends on every day of the week," Donnelly said.

"This selection raises plenty of questions," Donnelly continued. "She bills herself as a reformer, but has been silent on whether she supports public financing of elections in her own state. As governor of an oil-producing state, she's been a friend to Big Oil. Given John McCain's extensive fundraising from Big Oil, her selection raises concerns of whether the McCain-Palin ticket will promise the same access for oil companies and their lobbyists that we've seen for nearly eight years from the Bush-Cheney administration."

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANG!

There was a TV ad for deodorant that said, "Never let them see you sweat." The John McCain campaign has just showed the world that it is drenched.

Selecting Sarah Palin as its choice for a vice presidential candidate is perhaps the worst such choice in American History. To be fair, maybe there are worse choices, but I don't know how bad William O. Butler was when he ran with Lewis Cass against Zachary Taylor.

But it's far worse than Dan Quayle, who was a sitting senator. Worse even than Geraldine Ferraro, who at least served in Congress for three-terms. And far worse than William Miller, a choice so obscure when selected by Barry Goldwater that he (honestly) later did an American Express commercial asking, "Do you know me?" And that ad was after the election. But even Miller had been a Congressman for 12 years. And been a prosecutor during the Nuremberg War trials against Nazis. Sarah Palin lists her credits as a hockey mom.

There was a point during the Republican primaries when I was trying to figure out who I hoped got the presidential nomination. Someone so weak he'd be easy for the Democrats to beat, or someone more challenging who at least wouldn't be a disaster for America. I decided on the latter because America has to resolve its serious problems and can't afford risking some glitch where another George Bush got elected. And so I felt that John McCain, for all his weaknesses, was the lesser of all evils and was glad he got the nomination. Throw that out the window. McCain-Palin is an unthinkable disaster.

I completely understand the reasoning behind the decision for John McCain to select Sarah Palin. Absolutely. It's the thinking that settled on Sarah Palin that's missing.

No doubt John McCain will get some women to vote for him who wouldn't have otherwise, and even some independents. But he will also probably lose as many Republicans uncomfortable with a woman on the ticket - let alone a woman with so little experience as Sarah Palin. Not to mention that the choice will cause many undecided Democratic women to be aghast and push them back to following their Democratic beliefs. And further, it will lose all the independents who look at the GOP ticket and say "This is who I'm supposed to give my vote for the next four years to lead and protect America??" It may even appeal to right-wing evangelicals for her strong pro-life stance and get some to vote - but that position and others related to it are specifically what loses even more women voters. And men. Ultimately, the nomination will lose far, far more votes than it gains.

But this is not the reason the decision is so terrible.

It's always said that the most important decision a presidential candidate makes is their pick for vice president. It shows their thinking and judgment. John McCain, in his first decision, has just told the world that he believes Sarah Palin is the most qualified person to be a heartbeat from the presidency. Forgetting all the available men for a moment, if John McCain felt it critical to select a woman in an effort to somehow grab the Hillary Clinton supporters, look at his choice of women he had available: Christine Todd Whitman, Kay Bailey Hutchison, Elizabeth Dole, Susan Collins, even - for goodness sake - Condoleezza Rice. Or Carly Fiorina. Each of these have marks against them, and perhaps some might not have wanted to run, but it's near-impossible to look at the list and suggest to the American public that Sarah Palin is the best choice of Republican women to be vice president. And again, this is ignoring the men he who could have been chosen.

It's not that Sarah Palin is inexperienced. It's that this is gross political misconduct.

Sarah Palin has been governor of Alaska for just a bit over 18 months. Alaska has a population of 683,000. (Though that doesn't include moose.) This would only make it the 17th most populous city in the United States. Just ahead of Fort Worth.

Before that, she was mayor of Wasilla, Alaska. Population 9,000. I know Republicans like to promote "small town values," but this is taking things to ridiculous extremes, don't you think? I'm from Glencoe, Illinois, population 8,762. It's so small it doesn't even have a mayor, it has an appointed village manager. I'm sure that Paul Harlow is doing wonderfully at his job in the village - but I don't expect that he sees himself as even wanting to be a heartbeat from the U.S. President in 18 months. You know what the top news story is on the Glencoe website? "Fire Hydrant Painting Underway." (To be fair, it's the #2 story. The top news is a clarification about displaying political signage.)

Do you know what the first two "powers and duties" are for the mayor of Wasilla, Alaska? Check their municipal code:

1. Preside at council meetings. The mayor may take part in the discussion of matters before the council, but may not vote, except that the mayor may vote in the case of a tie;

2. Act as ceremonial head of the city;

Swell.

If you live in small town America (and I mean really, really small), look around you and be honest - do you see your mayor (or village manager) as a heartbeat from the presidency in 18 months?

But that's not the reason either that the decision to make Sarah Palin the VP nominee is so terrible.

It's one thing to discuss how unqualified Sarah Palin is. That's a national matter and huge. But on a grassroots political level, her nomination takes away the Republicans' ONLY weapon in the campaign - calling Barack Obama inexperienced. They haven't even been trying to run on the issues, or on the eight-year record of George Bush, which John McCain has supported almost 95% of the time. They've only been running on the faux-issue of Barack Obama's experience of 14 years in federal and state government. Yes, Sarah Palin is merely running for VP, not president, but with a 72 year-old candidate with a history of serious medical issues, this is who they're saying is able to step in as president in a heart-beat. She has so little experience that she makes Sen. Obama look like FDR, Winston Churchill and Julius Caesar combined. So, the Republicans pulled the rug out from under themselves. They have no issues. The economy? Housing? The national debt? Education? The Environment? Iraq? Afghanistan? Nothing. All they have is "Dear Democratic women: please pretend our VP candidate is Hillary Clinton. Just forget that she's pro-life. And against most things Democrats stand for."

But that's not the reason the decision is so terrible.

Because if the hope for John McCain is to get women to vote for him who otherwise supported Hillary Clinton - if anything could get Hillary Clinton campaigning in full force and fury...this is it. She likely would have campaigned hard, but it's in Hillary Clinton's best interest to be the leading voice for women, and the leading woman candidate for president in the future, so having another woman as the potential Vice President (and potential President) is a significant challenge to that. The Republicans just opened Pandora's Box and brought Hillary Clinton roaring to Barack Obama's side on the Democratic train. And Bill Clinton, too.

Yet even that's not the reason the decision is so terrible.

What this does in the most profound and grandiose way possible is give lie to John McCain's pompous posturing that he Always Puts America First. And that undercuts the most prominent campaign issue of his entire career, that everything he does is for reasons of honor. There is nothing honorable about making Sarah Palin your vice presidential nominee. Nothing. Unless you define honor as "blatantly pandering."

But that's not the reason either that this decision is so terrible.

But before we get to that, let's look at the actual announcement to make Gov. Sarah Palin (AK - pop. 683,000) the Republican nominee for president, and put the horrible decision in perspective.

First, John McCain stood at the podium, looking up-and-down reading his speech. It's impossible not to compare that to Barack Obama giving his majestic speech the night before that even conservative analysts were admiring in awe.

Second, the cameras were polite enough to avoid it, but there were empty seats in the gym. It's impossible not to compare that to a stadium of 75,000 people that Barack Obama spoke to the night before.

Third, when people around the nation were waiting to hear about Sarah Palin's qualifications and gravitas to be Vice President of the United States, the first five minutes of her speech were spent talking about her husband being a champion snowmobiler.

Fourth, when she finally got around to her qualifications, pretty much all we discovered was that she fought to cut property taxes. And then, she basically stopped there.

She did, however, mention becoming energy self-sufficient - by talking about how she supported drilling in Alaska!!! Perhaps to Republicans this is being an environmentalist, but to most of America, not so much. Then again, she's also against putting polar bears on the endangered species list (which the government did), so maybe her environmental qualifications are more lax than she thinks.

And then, finally, she spent the rest of her time praising John McCain. Fine, that's very supportive of her...except that the one question on everyone's mind was not -- "can you say John McCain is a swell guy and tell us that he was a POW", the question on everyone's mind was - "Who in God's name are you, and please tell us why you should be a heart-beat from the presidency?"

In the end, the only case she herself made for being on the ticket was praising Hillary Clinton! That's it, period. Now, it might be enough to attract some women -- but it doesn't make a case for the ticket. Why? Hint: some women did vote for Hillary Clinton solely because she was a woman. But most women voted for Hillary Clinton because she was a Democrat, as well as a woman, who stood for important Democratic values they seriously believed in. If Sarah Palin wants to praise Hillary Clinton, go for it. But at least understand what you're praising. Because it will likely come back and bite you.

It was a thin, nothing, empty speech. It was a speech to be head of the Chamber of Commerce. Compare that to the speech by Joe Biden when Barack Obama introduced him. Eloquent, soaring and explaining in blunt detail why John McCain should not be president. Joe Biden must have been watching Sarah Palin's speech, in order to take notes in preparation for his debate with her and thought, "This isn't fair."

And all that's not even the reason the decision is so terrible.

The reason is because the election is not about Sarah Palin. Or about Joe Biden. As much as TV analysts want to be excited by the balloons and hoopla, tomorrow the air will be let out, and there are still over two months to go for the campaign.

The campaign is about Barack Obama and John McCain.

Sarah Palin's nomination doesn't change that. In fact, it reinforces it. Nothing about putting Sarah Palin on the GOP ticket changes a word that Barack Obama said in his vibrant acceptance speech - about himself, about his issues, and about John McCain's repeatedly faulty judgment on the critical issues facing America.

What Sarah Palin's nomination does do is focus attention on John McCain's age. Indeed, the nomination was made on his birthday, when he turned 72, the oldest man ever to run for president. As the crowd sang "Happy Birthday to You," you almost sensed that through John McCain's clenched smile, saying, "Thanks for reminding me," that what he was thinking underneath was "Please, oh, please, don't sing the 'How old are you now?' part." And how good a message was it that he's saying he supposedly forgot it was his birthday?

Vice presidents are usually selected as people who are adept at blasting the other side's presidential candidate, because it's only the presidential candidate that matters. Joe Biden has already done that - twice - at length, spoken as someone who knows John McCain well and likes him. Sarah Palin had her first chance...and whiffed. Didn't even try. And it's hard to imagine what she has in her arsenal that will remotely allow her to do so in the future.

The election is about the presidential candidates. And the selection of Sarah Palin now allows Barack Obama to campaign untouched by the Republican ticket. John McCain's only other option is for himself to personally become negative for two months - which is disaster in presidential politics.

Now add on all the problems expressed above. Sarah Palin's inexplicably laughable lack of substance, most-especially on the foreign policy stage. Her taking away the one issue, experience, Republicans were even attempting. Her pushing away voters who might otherwise be willing to vote for a senator with 26 years in the Senate. Her bringing Hillary Clinton aggressively back into the campaign. Her inability to offer anything to off-set Joe Biden. Her standing as supposedly the most-qualified Republican woman as John McCain's first decision.

And, in the end, it all focuses back on Barack Obama, with his indictment of eight years of the Bush Administration and of John McCain's flawed judgment - and John McCain's defense of all that.

Republicans might be dancing earlier today, because there was a lot of fun music playing. But the music has stopped. The actual campaign has now started. For Republicans, it might have ended.

She's racking in the cash. She's fired up the Republican base and most importantly, nobody is talking about the Obamessiah.
Errr...18,000 people turned out to see Obama-Biden Saturday. When will McCain EVER get such an audience?  ::)
I also see NOBODY is talking about the RNC on the cable news networks today, either. Pity.  ;D

DUBLIN — On a sunny football Saturday, an estimated 18,000 screaming fans jammed the stands and crowded onto the playing field of a high school football stadium in this Columbus suburb to cheer on the Obama-Biden team.

"O-H," Barack Obama shouted in Dublin Coffman stadium. The crowd roared back "I-O."

Democrats Obama and Joe Biden, his vice presidential running mate, brought their "On the Road to Change" battleground state bus tour here on Saturday, Aug. 30, to talk presidential politics.

It was Obama's sixth campaign swing to Ohio since Hillary Clinton conceded the nomination on June 7 and his first since last week's Democratic National Convention.

As the sun slowly set, Obama asked the crowd to help him enlist not just Democrats but also Republicans and independents in the crusade to change America.

"If you believe me, I promise you that we will not just win Ohio, we will win this election, you and I and Joe Biden, we will change this country and we will change the world," Obama said.

He cast Republican John McCain as out of touch for saying the economy was making progress and as President Bush's partner. They have a philosophy that expects you to pull yourselves up by your bootstraps "even if you don't have boots," Obama said.

On energy reform, he called McCain "Dr. No" and promised to create jobs investing in solar and wind power and other alternative energy programs.

Former U.S. Sen. John Glenn introduced Obama in his first public appearance with Obama after supporting Clinton in the primary.

"We need change in this country and Ohio, and Barack is committed to policies that I believe will move this country forward," Glenn said.

Gov. Ted Strickland and U.S. Sen. Sherrod Brown warmed up the crowd. Supporters came from as far away as Zanesville and the Dayton area.

Jennifer Alexander of Greene County supported Clinton in the primary but now backs Obama. Alexander isn't impressed with Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, McCain's running mate.

"They could have picked off any woman off any street corner and it would have been more appealing to women," she said.

In a conference call, Frank Donatelli, Republican National Committee deputy chairman, mocked Obama's call for change. McCain and Palin form a "ticket of reform," Donatelli said.

"Nobody knows what change means," he said. "But reform means you understand the problem and you have a strategy to deal with it."
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2008, 12:42:13 PM »
Yeah...all this came out the day she was annouched. Again if u knew anything about the media and politics u'd realize that Pallin was the worst case senario for the Dems, who were well prepared for Romney or anybody else he might have picked. The ill prepared response from the Obama campaign proves it. What has dipshit done...nothing... yet they make the same argument about Pallin..good job. We could go round and round all day ....but in the end U'd be wrong, stupid and a puss. So give it up.
L

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2008, 12:46:28 PM »
Quote from: headhuntersix link=to  ;)ic=231704.msg3265787#msg3265787 date=1220298133
Yeah...all this came out the day she was annouched. Again if u knew anything about the media and politics u'd realize that Pallin was the worst case senario for the Dems...

bwahaha!
One thing I do "realize" by this quote is that you are a moron of the highest order.

who were well prepared for Romney or anybody else he might have picked. The ill prepared response from the Obama campaign proves it. What has dipshit done...nothing... yet they make the same argument about Pallin..good job. We could go round and round all day ....but in the end U'd be wrong, stupid and a puss. So give it up.
Sorry GI Joe, but I'm not "giving up" jack shit. This VP pick was an irresponsible, reckless choice that reeks of desperation. It will blow up in the repubes faces after Palin makes her first gaffe on one of several issues she knows nothing about. The will go down as the worst...vp...choice...ev er.
!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2008, 12:47:54 PM »
Ok Benny! Sure thing......The dems are quaking.
L

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 12:52:33 PM »
Would be a non issue, if she didn't have such strong views.

I see her "abstinence only" education plan worked terrible at home. Not being snide, I am serious.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 01:06:50 PM »
Would be a non issue, if she didn't have such strong views.

I see her "abstinence only" education plan worked terrible at home. Not being snide, I am serious.

Great point and probably a good example of the kind of the poor judgement we can expect from her as a leader.

Here's her response to the question of sex education during her campaign for govenor:

Q: Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

SP: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

http://eagleforumalaska.blogspot.com/2006/07/2006-gubernatorial-candidate.html

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 01:10:06 PM »
Ok Benny! Sure thing......The dems are quaking.
"Quaking" over this chick with no experience? ::)
Do you have a bump in the polls to substantiate this? Right now, all I see is this:

http://www.pollster.com (You better hope McBush steals some states he's currently losing)

AND

September 1st gallup poll
PRINCETON, NJ -- Gallup's first tracking report based entirely on post-Democratic convention attitudes shows Barack Obama maintaining a six percentage point lead over John McCain, the same as Sunday's report. According to interviews conducted Aug. 29-31, national registered voters prefer Obama 49% to 43%.

!

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 01:10:38 PM »
Great point and probably a good example of the kind of the poor judgement we can expect from her as a leader.

Here's her response to the question of sex education during her campaign for govenor:

Q: Will you support funding for abstinence-until-marriage education instead of for explicit sex-education programs, school-based clinics, and the distribution of contraceptives in schools?

SP: Yes, the explicit sex-ed programs will not find my support.

http://eagleforumalaska.blogspot.com/2006/07/2006-gubernatorial-candidate.html

Yeah but u'll never hear from her or Biden.  And while I disagree, atleast they're good points. See Benny...civil discourse.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 01:15:44 PM »
Zogby Poll: Equilibrium in the POTUS Race!

UTICA, New York - Republican John McCain's surprise announcement Friday of Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin as his running mate - some 16 hours after Democrat Barack Obama's historic speech accepting his party’s presidential nomination -  has possibly stunted any Obama convention bump, the latest Zogby Interactive flash poll of the race shows.

Data from this poll is available here

The latest nationwide survey, begun Friday afternoon after the McCain announcement of Palin as running mate and completed mid-afternoon today, shows McCain/Palin at 47%, compared to 45% support for Obama/Biden.

In other words, the race is a dead heat.

The interactive online Zogby survey shows that both Obama and McCain have solidified the support among their own parties - Obama won 86% support of Democrats and McCain 89% of Republicans in a two-way head-to-head poll question not including the running mates. When Biden and Palin are added to the mix, Obama's Democratic support remains at 86%, while McCain's increases to 92%.

Ur point..oh yeah six whole points ::)
L