Author Topic: The 25 Things You Never Knew About John McCain  (Read 2242 times)

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
Re: The 25 Things You Never Knew About John McCain
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2008, 09:27:55 AM »

24 is like a show where the USA is attacked by terrorists like 60 times a day and Jack Bauer saves the day in the most shocking of ways 100 times a week.
Thanks CQ!   Why is it bad for McCain to like it?

STella get with it >:(

Yes ma'am  ;D
R

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #26 on: September 06, 2008, 04:20:40 AM »
Stella, if all the neo-cons in the Bush admin (the same jokers that got us in the Iraq mess and would love to start a wider war with Iran and basically any Middle Eastern country posing the slightest irritation to Israel) love the show, we don't need another Jack Bauer groupie in the Oval Office.
!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #27 on: September 06, 2008, 04:40:59 AM »
Yes ma'am  ;D

Hi STella,

Sorry for the late response. The issue I have is I firmly believe that Mccain is nowhere grounded in reality.
24 is a drama that should not be watch by the mentally unstable neo-con. It presents such an extremely distorted perception, one in which all manner of unspeakable torture is presented as a viable means to extract truthful information, save the day, and save the free world, all neatly wrapped up in a bow. All problems solved in 48 minutes.  ::)

While Keifer and all the actors do more than a fine job, in my estimation it's the entertainment industry equivalent of a handbook for making incendiary devices. Fine for the stable, balanced individual, but not recommended for those with terrorist tendencies. The average person can read a manual for making incendiary devices and say "hmm, interesting. I've just learned something new that I will never put into use". The terrorist rubs his hands together, frothing at the mouth for an opportunity to put this knowledge to use. by the same token, the average person can watch 24 and be entertained for a bit, ...while the neo-con sits on the edge of his seat, heartbeating rapidly imagining himself in the situation, unable to differentiate between scripted entertainment, and real life threats.

w

Butterbean

• Special Guests
  • Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 07, 2008, 12:10:15 PM »
Hi STella,

Sorry for the late response. The issue I have is I firmly believe that Mccain is nowhere grounded in reality.
24 is a drama that should not be watch by the mentally unstable neo-con. It presents such an extremely distorted perception, one in which all manner of unspeakable torture is presented as a viable means to extract truthful information, save the day, and save the free world, all neatly wrapped up in a bow. All problems solved in 48 minutes.  ::)

While Keifer and all the actors do more than a fine job, in my estimation it's the entertainment industry equivalent of a handbook for making incendiary devices. Fine for the stable, balanced individual, but not recommended for those with terrorist tendencies. The average person can read a manual for making incendiary devices and say "hmm, interesting. I've just learned something new that I will never put into use". The terrorist rubs his hands together, frothing at the mouth for an opportunity to put this knowledge to use. by the same token, the average person can watch 24 and be entertained for a bit, ...while the neo-con sits on the edge of his seat, heartbeating rapidly imagining himself in the situation, unable to differentiate between scripted entertainment, and real life threats.

Judi, thanks for the explanation
R