Author Topic: Post Your Top Ten Favorite Movies  (Read 13634 times)

Decker

• Getbig V
Re: Post Your Top Ten Favorite Movies
« Reply #50 on: September 30, 2008, 02:30:47 PM »
glengarry glen ross

That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much did you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you guy? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 02:45:39 PM »
Scarface
Goodfellas
Carlitos Way
Heat
Boyz n Da Hood
Menace to Society
Baby Boy
Braveheart
Belly

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #52 on: October 01, 2008, 07:24:20 AM »
glengarry glen ross

That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much did you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you ####? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

Coffee is for Closers.......

First place gets a cadillac
2nd place gets a set of steak knifes
3rd place you're fired.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2008, 02:34:53 AM »
glengarry glen ross

That watch costs more than your car. I made $970,000 last year. How much did you make? You see pal, that's who I am, and you're nothing. Nice guy? I don't give a shit. Good father? Fuck you! Go home and play with your kids. You wanna work here - close! You think this is abuse? You think this is abuse, you ####? You can't take this, how can you take the abuse you get on a sit? You don't like it, leave.

Ya, that was a good one. Brings back memories. {shudder}
w

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2008, 02:43:41 AM »
GREAT movie. One of my faves for sure, and I was actually going to mention it in response to jag because it appears she enjoys period piece movies in particular.

OK, Just saw Dangerous Liasons, ...and I remember why I didn't see it before.
It wasn't that it fell through the cracks as I had first thought, I was turned off by the premise.
I found it difficult to watch. The costumes were great, the acting was superb (Close & Malkovitch),
...but the sadistic nature of their characters was too much for me. I don't have a stomache for that level of sadistic intent. Sadism for revenge I can stomache, even understand, ...but for diversion or to wile away the day, ...such deceiptfullness is beyond the pale.  Didn't enjoy it at all. It helps to at least like the leading characters and I detested these.
w

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2008, 10:29:36 PM »
OK, Just saw Dangerous Liasons, ...and I remember why I didn't see it before.
It wasn't that it fell through the cracks as I had first thought, I was turned off by the premise.
I found it difficult to watch. The costumes were great, the acting was superb (Close & Malkovitch),
...but the sadistic nature of their characters was too much for me. I don't have a stomache for that level of sadistic intent. Sadism for revenge I can stomache, even understand, ...but for diversion or to wile away the day, ...such deceiptfullness is beyond the pale.  Didn't enjoy it at all. It helps to at least like the leading characters and I detested these.

You would have enjoyed the ending then at least?  Close gets hers in a big way.  Malkovich basically suicides because he has ruined the only thing that mattered.  I don't know if you could say love triumphs, but cruelty certainly takes a beating.

You've got to admit tho, the Uma Thurman scenes were brilliant.  That morning after scene at the breakfast table is soooo nasty.  And it turns out she really doesn't mind all that much.  ;D