Author Topic: Palin is still a C*nt - Daily Show: Republicans Trashing Community Service  (Read 4685 times)

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
Re: Palin is still a C*nt - Daily Show: Republicans Trashing Community Service
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 12:29:16 AM »

You don't get it.

The only thing Palin did was trade tit-for-tat. Team Obama, upon learning of the Palin pick, started talking smack about her lack of experience, because she was a mayor of a small town.

Palin (and Giuliani), in response, came up with the jabs at the community organizer bit. And, the liberals have been blubbering about it, even since then.

So, if you don't like the barbs about commuity organizers, quit demeaning her being a mayor of a small town.

Or, as the late James Brown said, "Don't start nothin'; won't be nothin'!"

Actually, it was the Republicans who started this.

Carl Rove said how horrible a VP Tim Kaine (Governor of VA) would make because he was City Councilman of Richmond, VA. (150,000 to Palin's 9,000), then Mayor of Richmond (Same numbers) and then Governor of Virginia... A state with almost 8 Million people in it as opposed to Alaska's 668,000.

Now... My question is... Why doesn't someone ask why Palin is a better candidate than Tim Kaine would be whom Carl Rove said:

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished."

"I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America."

and

"So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I'm really not, first and foremost, concerned with -- is this person capable of being president of the United States?'"

Now... on what of ANY of those things is Palin MORE qualified than the terrible pick that Tim Kaine would have been?

Longer tenure as Governor? Nope.
Mayor of a larger city? Uh Uh.
Governor of a larger State? Negative.

So where is she more qualified than that disaster that Tim Kaine would have been?

Someone please tell me.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 12:43:00 AM »

Carl Rove said how horrible a VP Tim Kaine (Governor of VA) would make because he's was City Councilman of Richmond, VA. (150,000 to Palin's 9,000), then Mayor of Richmond (Same numbers) and then Governor of Virginia... A state with almost 8 Million people in it as opposed to Alaska's 668,000.

Now... My question is... Why doesn't someone ask why Palin is a better candidate than Tim Kaine would be whom Carl Rove said:

"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years, he's been able but undistinguished."

"I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America."

and

"So if he were to pick Governor Kaine, it would be an intensely political choice where he said, `You know what? I'm really not, first and foremost, concerned with -- is this person capable of being president of the United States?'"

Now... on what of ANY of those things is Palin MORE qualified than the terrible pick that Tim Kaine would have been?

So where is she more qualified than that disaster that Tim Kaine would have been?

Someone please tell me.

There are so many punchlines screaming to be delivered here,
but instead I'm biting my lip so bad I'm about to draw blood. :-X

ps: Does Washington politics as usual (big money lobbyists for pork barrel projects) count?
w

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 04:44:02 AM »

Carl Rove said how horrible a VP Tim Kaine (Governor of VA) would make because he was City Councilman of Richmond, VA. (150,000 to Palin's 9,000), then Mayor of Richmond (Same numbers) and then Governor of Virginia... A state with almost 8 Million people in it as opposed to Alaska's 668,000.

and

Someone please tell me.

Let's see:

Energize the conservative base: Yep!
Peaked the interest of many women voters (especially them PUMAs): You betcha!
Stolen the spotlight from Obama: Indeed!
Scaring the you-know-what out of Team Obama and the liberals: Darn skippy!

As I said before, the liberals got sucker-punched, and apparently, they're still reeling. They tried downplaying her experience as mayor and it BACKFIRED, to the point where they're coming up with T-Shirts "Jesus was a community organizer; Pilate was a governor" (actually, the community that got did so to get Jesus killed and Pilate was a procurator; but that's another issue altogether).

Who's clinging to religion, now?

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 03:38:44 PM »
Let's see:

As I said before, the liberals got sucker-punched, and apparently, they're still reeling. They tried downplaying her experience as mayor and it BACKFIRED, to the point where they're coming up with T-Shirts "Jesus was a community organizer; Pilate was a governor" (actually, the community that got did so to get Jesus killed and Pilate was a procurator; but that's another issue altogether).

You're not even remotely answering the question.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 03:46:30 PM »
240...he was a community organizer out of law school, he also served part time ina law firm and a teacher (he was never a professor) he served part time, PART TIME, as an Ill. senator. Then he ran for Congress, then he ran for president. What exactly has he done. The guy wrote a book about himself 3 years out of law school. He hasn't had the same full time job 4 years straight.
L

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 03:49:33 PM »
240...he was a community organizer out of law school, he also served part time ina law firm and a teacher (he was never a professor) he served part time, PART TIME, as an Ill. senator. Then he ran for Congress, then he ran for president. What exactly has he done. The guy wrote a book about himself 3 years out of law school. He hasn't had the same full time job 4 years straight.

To me, 4 years in washington, 7 years as a state seantor... is worth more than 20 months as governor.

I'm not alone.  I saw a poll (no link, sorry) saying that only 42% of Americans believed palin had enough experience.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 03:49:42 PM »

I'll buy that... No disagreement there at all.

But what about what what Rove said?

To me, 4 years in washington, 7 years as a state seantor... is worth more than 20 months as governor.

I'm not alone.  I saw a poll (no link, sorry) saying that only 42% of Americans believed palin had enough experience.

I think 4 years in washington DV and 7 as an illinois state senator is worth more than Governor of Alaska as well.

The 47th most populated state in the union.

Toss in her previous job as mayor of the 150,000th most populated city/town in America and I just don't see the appeal.

I think she's hype because she's a woman to be honest.

I would have much rather seen a number of other Republicans in that position.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 03:52:22 PM »
What did Rove say...cliff notes bro.
L

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 03:53:20 PM »
What did Rove say...cliff notes bro.

Read one of my previous posts (same page)... It's all there.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 03:53:44 PM »
Talking about Tim Kaine, Rove went on to say he wasn't ready to be VP because:

Rove:
"With all due respect again to Governor Kaine, he's been a governor for three years "
(Palin's had only 20 months as governor)

Rove:
"I don't think people could really name a big, important thing that he's done. He was mayor of the 105th largest city in America. "
(Palin's city was only 9000 people?)

It seems that Rove is saying Kaine is woefully underqualified here...

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 04:03:39 PM »
The beauty is A: Palllin is the VP nominee, not president B: Most times VP doesn't matter C: Its Carl Rove, master repub strategist D: its about Obama...not McCain nor Pallin nor Biden.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 04:07:38 PM »
Rove was wrong.  Big deal. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 04:08:18 PM »
Haha, wow people actually think Rove talks real politics over Fox News? Haha, he's the architect that has now taken the lead over Obama, and while people focus on his words, he's laughing as he designs a new week long plan to destroy Obama.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 04:08:58 PM »
Rove was wrong.

Sounds like lib talk to me.

How long have you been a reagan-hating, muslim-kissing lib?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 04:25:03 PM »
Sounds like lib talk to me.

How long have you been a reagan-hating, muslim-kissing lib?

How long have you been a "Republican"? 

I'm a libertarian. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 04:27:12 PM »
Rove is a genius, like him or hate him, he's got his shit straight. The Dems had whats his name, now on Fox, but they have nobody like him now.
L

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 04:31:43 PM »
Let's see:

Are you saying Jesus is dead?!  :o
w

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 04:38:32 PM »
Rove is a genius, like him or hate him, he's got his shit straight. The Dems had whats his name, now on Fox, but they have nobody like him now.

So he was right about Tim Kaine? And in turn Sarah Palin must be a horrible VP pick.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56:50 PM »
So he was right about Tim Kaine? And in turn Sarah Palin must be a horrible VP pick.

He was wrong about Kaine.

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 04:58:22 PM »
He was wrong about Kaine.

Haha... He was wrong because Palin is less qualified... I get it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 05:00:31 PM »
Haha... He was wrong because Palin is less qualified... I get it.

Nah.  He was wrong because he was wrong.   :)