Author Topic: Palin Makes Her First Gaffe  (Read 4046 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Palin Makes Her First Gaffe
« Reply #25 on: September 08, 2008, 03:01:10 PM »
Globalism.  :-\

There's nothing wrong with globalism, as long as it is reciprocal & sustainable.
The way it has been practiced, and the proposals & strategies put forth and implemented by the GOP have been anything but.

I find it somewhat disengenuous, if not disgusting that Coca~cola would impose a hiring freeze in the USA for the rest of the year, due to 1st & 2nd quarter losses. Normally I could say it's understandable, ...however, they have no problem outsourcing to a French firm Capgemini to take over 150 jobs in Tampa, Florida, 80 jobs in Dallas, Texas, and 70 jobs in Toronto, Canada. Capgemini is expected to handle the work from India or Guatemala. And as icing on the cake they'll be giving away "A Diamond A Day" in Ireland.

Globalized Trade must be fair & sustainable. As it has been practiced by the GOP it isn't, and simply widens the gaps between the rich & the poor. Having exploited other markets as much as they can, ...they are now turning their sights back to the USA and implementing those same tactics that have worked so well in other markets to destroy &  prevent the growth of the middle class.

The GOP is looking to market vinyl records in an mp3 digital age, ...and it is the American people that will suffer as a result, as they find themselves increasingly unable to be competitive with the rest of the world.

"Don't think you're on the right road just because it’s a well-beaten path." -- Author Unknown
w

w8tlftr

• Getbig V
  • I ♥ ( o Y o )
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2008, 03:05:21 PM »
There's nothing wrong with globalism, as long as it is reciprocal & sustainable.
The way it has been practiced, and the proposals & strategies put forth and implemented by the GOP have been anything but.

I find it somewhat disengenuous, if not disgusting that Coca~cola would impose a hiring freeze in the USA for the rest of the year, due to 1st & 2nd quarter losses. Normally I could say it's understandable, ...however, they have no problem outsourcing to a French firm Capgemini to take over 150 jobs in Tampa, Florida, 80 jobs in Dallas, Texas, and 70 jobs in Toronto, Canada. Capgemini is expected to handle the work from India or Guatemala. And as icing on the cake they'll be giving away "A Diamond A Day" in Ireland.

Globalized Trade must be fair & sustainable. As it has been practiced by the GOP it isn't, and simply widens the gaps between the rich & the poor. Having exploited other markets as much as they can, ...they are now turning their sights back to the USA and implementing those same tactics that have worked so well in other markets to destroy &  prevent the growth of the middle class.

The GOP is looking to market vinyl records in an mp3 digital age, ...and it is the American people that will suffer as a result, as they find themselves increasingly unable to be competitive with the rest of the world.

"Don't think you're on the right road just because it’s a well-beaten path." -- Author Unknown

I completely boggles me how you're never able to find fault on the part of the Democratic party.  :-\

Hello? NAFTA?

I hope you like the idea of Dirty Sanchez living next door to you delivering pizza.

dario73

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2008, 03:18:21 PM »
Biden has a lot of experience though.  He and McCain have enough.

ABM has an 'okay' amount - 11 years in senates.

Plain - 20 months as governor... I dunno...

Dude.

20 months as Governor is more impressive than 11 years in the Senate where all Biden did is say yea or nay. The man was never chief of armed forces. That comes with territory as being governor. Bidden was never responsible for an entire state's economy, infrastructure, education, health program, justifying budgets from the federal government for your state. The list can go on. Palin had all those responsibilities. Biden can choose from time to time partake in making a new legislation, or blocking the republicans from putting out their own legislation or just sitting on his chair in the 49058205820 committees that he is in and doing nothing.

I will take the Palin. Let me ask. What makes her a crazy church lady? HEHEHEH!!! Someone said that was the reason she was selected. Hmmm, maybe it's  because she is an intelligent, well spoken, WOMAN, who has more EXECUTIVE experience than either Obama or Biden.  That has more to do with her selection than her religious belief. But, keep making it into ONLY a religious issue. If you do, you miss the point entirely.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2008, 03:20:38 PM »
Neuro...great list, I'm with you.  I also think Palin is light on experience but she seems to have good character and does support real fiscal conservatism, smaller gov and lower taxes so IMO, its better than the alternative.  In a more idealistic election, Romney would be the VP...or better yet the president.

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2008, 03:22:08 PM »
Senate experience is good but can be problematic in some cases as well.  Senators learn the patterns of big washington lawyer bureaucracy, which does not help to run the country.
Its indisputable that being a gov is better training for the presidency.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2008, 03:27:20 PM »
I completely boggles me how you're never able to find fault on the part of the Democratic party.  :-\

Hello? NAFTA?

The democrats didn't invent NAFTA. That little piece of work was ushered in by the Reagan Bush white house, and the Conservative Mulroney cabinet back in the 80's. just because Americans only became aware of it lately doesn't mean it is a Democrat invention. As far as NAFTA goes, I don't have a problem with it in principal, however I believe some of the specifics of the agreement could have been better negotiated for all involved.

I hope you like the idea of Dirty Sanchez living next door to you delivering pizza.

That sounds almost racist on your part?  

I suppose in a society that breeds such a wide disparity of social classes, I can see where one could be quite easily tempted to fall into that trap of classifying people using stereotypes. Under a proper NAFTA agreement, ...Sanchez would have plenty of clean water so he'd be able to take a bath and wouldn't be dirty anymore, ...and he'd be able to make a decent liveable income at home, and not have to leave there to move next door to me to deliver pizza
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 03:51:38 PM »
7 years in indiana senate, and 4 years in US senate.

Sure beats 20 months as governor/crazy lady in church.
\

Part time......part time......part time.................he's spent 2 of those 4 years running for president. He did nothing in either job. He's really done nothing in DC, nothing.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2008, 03:53:25 PM »
Truth would be the fact that short one liners constitute the bulk of your posts in this forum.  That getting an actual opinion out of you on anything is like pulling teeth.  That many of the shit for brains rightwing dipshits here also do the same thing constantly.  That you've all have made it absolutely pointless that one should give a shit about posting material in any hopes that it be discussed with any seriousness.  This forum is a big pile of shit thanks to you fucking assclowns. 

Here, let me get that eye roll for you  *** ::) ***

Yawn.  Gibberish.   ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #33 on: September 08, 2008, 03:59:24 PM »
I will take the Palin. Let me ask. What makes her a crazy church lady? HEHEHEH!!!

20 seconds... Sarah Palin in church speech: "Our National leaders are sending them out on A TASK THAT IS FROM GOD."

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: September 08, 2008, 04:01:38 PM »
Yawn.  Gibberish.   ::)

As opposed to his left wing Ct gibberish...rants about Israel, the war, etc etc.....
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #35 on: September 08, 2008, 04:03:49 PM »

20 seconds... Sarah Palin in church speech: "Our National leaders are sending them out on A TASK THAT IS FROM GOD."

Oh boy.

At least she's hot.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: September 08, 2008, 04:06:46 PM »
You cannot out fanaticize fanatics! That's like fighting fire with fire!
If you did, firefighter's wouldn't be equipped with hoses. You fight fire with water,
...and you fight fanaticism with reason, logic, and a well thought out strategic plan.
But before you can have a well thought out strategic plan, ...you have to first be able to think.
I believe that neither McCain nor Palin have the ability to do this..
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: September 08, 2008, 04:07:00 PM »
As opposed to his left wing Ct gibberish...rants about Israel, the war, etc etc.....

Tell me about it.  When liberals create 55+ threads in a couple days on the same subject, he's okay.  But God forbid you have a few people right of center chime in.    

Edit:  RIGHT of center.   :)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #38 on: September 08, 2008, 04:07:45 PM »
Tell me about it.  When liberals create 55+ threads in a couple days on the same subject, he's okay.  But God forbid you have a few people left of center chime in.    

little slip there?  ;)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: September 08, 2008, 04:15:31 PM »
You're one of the ones I've given as a good example on the right.  recently things have really disolved here.  I rarely agreed with you but you have been one of the people willing to counter ideas and notions with actual ideas and thinking that adds to a discussion that in turn can be countered.  In the past, you've at least, a majority of the time, had the respect to do that.  I can't say the same for these other clowns and it is reducing this forum down to nothing more than another owned or stoned forum.  The direction is lousy and I'm a bit disapointed you don't agree.  Remember when we were all fairly happy with how the forum was going, both right and left?  Remember when we would actually discuss an issue even if it did get heated?  I've seen thread after thread fall to multiple posts with very little substance.  You know I've brought a range of material to this board and been willing to discuss them, so it's not fair to paint me that way and I think you know it.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: September 08, 2008, 04:25:10 PM »
Yes except we see alot less of ur last post and more angry Hugo....I like clear well thought out Hugo....not angry Hugo. i can't debate angry Hugo and it brings my game down. Its really not ur fault, we've been invaded by a minority of dingbats....that bring us all down.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: September 08, 2008, 04:29:20 PM »
And Hugo, we always disagree, sometimes heated but never stupid.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: September 08, 2008, 04:38:00 PM »
Yes except we see alot less of ur last post and more angry Hugo....I like clear well thought out Hugo....not angry Hugo. i can't debate angry Hugo and it brings my game down. Its really not ur fault, we've been invaded by a minority of dingbats....that bring us all down.
I don't have a problem with people getting angry, that's a constant from the start.

It is a bit like dominoes falling.  When so many of these posts that are primarily sarcasm without substance happen, one loses their motivation to spend the time with a post that will likely be met with a couple lines of sarcasm and a red herring--so it spreads to all sides...  A little while back I noticed it was out of hand and we had lost that thing about the forum that had both the right and left here happy.  My attempt to change the worst of the worst in this area failed.  I would like it to return back to those days but I don't see it happening and it looks like few give a shit so it is what it is...

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: September 08, 2008, 04:39:42 PM »

That's the kind of thing that happens when you turn a blind eye to things that shouldn't be tolerated,
...but you do because it's aimed at people you don't like. It's like releasing cockroaches in your own home.
Once you do, ...you're up a creek, ...as many are now no doubt finding out.  

Be The Change You Want To See In The World -- Mahatma Ghandi
w

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: September 08, 2008, 04:40:58 PM »
And Hugo, we always disagree, sometimes heated but never stupid.
We've actually had some good heated debates.  There have been some times I got so pissed I went to far, but shit happens sometimes.  Nobody right or left is perfect and I've had my fuckups.  But I do remember when our discussions actually contained substance.  I'm seeing a lot less of that lately.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: September 08, 2008, 04:45:11 PM »
Jag..I don't ever agree with u...but i don't want u to die ina fire either, nor Hugo or Decker etc...Benny Blanco, Calmus and a few other have hope that I'd get IED'd. Thats the difference.

Hugo..been busy lately, unfortunaly no juicy details as the last exercise was pretty damm boring. Thats how I know we've won in Iraq. We have not done an Afghan exercise this year. I might be switching jobs soon, going behind the fence...I'll let u dig around to figure that out but it will have me doing 90 day deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and elswhere.
L

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: September 08, 2008, 04:49:14 PM »
That's the kind of thing that happens when you turn a blind eye to things that shouldn't be tolerated,
...but you do because it's aimed at people you don't like. It's like releasing cockroaches in your own home.
Once you do, ...you're up a creek, ...as many are now no doubt finding out.  

Be The Change You Want To See In The World -- Mahatma Ghandi
It's gone to far.  If I can't get the people here to call for it along with me, my action on it will be opposed.  Certain people seem quite happy with the owned or stoned format.  Unless there is some kind of majority call and general concensus, the old days are gone.  hello politics...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: September 08, 2008, 04:50:29 PM »
Jag..I don't ever agree with u...but i don't want u to die ina fire either, nor Hugo or Decker etc...Benny Blanco, Calmus and a few other have hope that I'd get IED'd. Thats the difference.

Hugo..been busy lately, unfortunaly no juicy details as the last exercise was pretty damm boring. Thats how I know we've won in Iraq. We have not done an Afghan exercise this year. I might be switching jobs soon, going behind the fence...I'll let u dig around to figure that out but it will have me doing 90 day deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan and elswhere.
For the record, the posts I did see like that I deleted.  They went to far imo.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: September 08, 2008, 04:51:26 PM »
This election is very heated, we are a microcosm of American society, just look at ur poll. We'll be fine.

I know, and I don't mind but it lowers my game because I want to choke him through the damm computer.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: September 08, 2008, 04:56:00 PM »
The board is fine.  There are always heated exchanges, some good discussions, some trolls, some funny people, and a handful of dummies who cannot have exchanges without attacking people.  It will always be that way.  The board works best when it isn't heavily moderated. 

There are new topics every day.  Good discussion every day.  The Palin hysteria will blow over.