Author Topic: shoulder problem  (Read 2761 times)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
shoulder problem
« on: September 09, 2008, 09:56:19 PM »
i hurt my left shoulder when i was travelling,but i ignored that and went on with my training and hence the pain escalated,did my xray theres increased acromio-clavicular joint space as per the reports, to avoid long term injury, my orthopedic has adviced me to take off atleast for 1 n half months, any sugessions?anymore remedies other than hotwaterbag and anti inflamatories??

thanks  :)

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
Re: shoulder problem
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 10:19:15 AM »
 ???

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 05:57:50 PM »
Very hard for anyone here to compete with the person you spoke with. Obviously he/she is far more qualified and knows the situation far better, so why would you think that others who don't know as much could help? ???

Geo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2008, 06:02:18 PM »
i hurt my left shoulder when i was travelling,but i ignored that and went on with my training and hence the pain escalated,did my xray theres increased acromio-clavicular joint space as per the reports, to avoid long term injury, my orthopedic has adviced me to take off atleast for 1 n half months, any sugessions?anymore remedies other than hotwaterbag and anti inflamatories??

if your doctor can get ya prescription anti inflamatories, you're on the fastest track to recovery there is

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2008, 10:55:31 PM »
thank you guys for the replies, just wondering how many of you had similar experiences?how fast did you recuperate? :)

The Coach

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2008, 02:26:26 PM »

Get a second opinion from an ortho who specializes in sports injuries. Generally they will tell you it's possible to work around it depending on the severity of the injury. When go you to a regular ortho who just deals with the general public (non-athletes) the first thing they are going to say is to not do anything and layoff of it.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2008, 08:04:40 AM »
thank you guys for the replies, just wondering how many of you had similar experiences?how fast did you recuperate? :)

Been there done that beginning in 1977. Anti-inflammatories worked wonders, BUT keep in mind that once better you have to make changes to your routine to avoid recurrance. You have to figure out what caused the problem and avoid repeating or you'll likely be back to square one later on. That's just me though, your situation may be different.

vic86

• Getbig III
  • bring back the 80`s
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 01:35:36 PM »
routine seems good,but need to concentrate on warm ups,ill try catching up with a sports doctor,but everyones opinion must be same :-\